Ethics question about push auctions in Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lomous

Established Member
Impact
Hi name pros !
What do you think about the following situation :
Someone makes a bid on sedo for a domain he owns either via a second account or via somebody else he knows, with a very low price, just to be able to push the domain for free auction. Is the domain is not sold to other bidders it returns to him with only 15% loss which is way les than the $69 auction fee.
Technically it does not violate any rule because the paiement happens and sedo gets the commission. But is it ok ethically ?
This may not make sense for one dn but for 100 the difference may be significant ..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm sure that would be against their rules. Shill bidding will get your account closed is my guess.

•••
There was a thread on here where someone proposed doing something similar between NP members.

•••
Yes this is true. I have read that. It s quite similar only one has to find someone intending to buy the domain in that case.
Thanks for reply :)

•••
In my view it would be clearly unethical.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back