NameSilo
  1. → We are performing a scheduled upgrade. The site may be intermittently unavailable. ←

Ethics of staying quiet when newbies reg rubbish?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by DomainGist, May 30, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (33% DM) Gold Account

Too funny...i told Redd how you've been the Beacon for my domain life. Keep up the great work(y)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

Thanks Rich! Always glad to help and motivate.

There's no denying your and @Reddstagg 's passion. I'm sure you'll both have some great results to show for it before all is said and done.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. Reddstagg

Reddstagg Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Joe,

Many thanks for your kind words.

4. Rakom

Rakom Established Member

I am a new domainer and I agree with your thoughts for the most part. I know most of you seasoned domainers have got it right, but I also think a little baptism of fire for the newbies is good. Losing money certainly makes people think hard. But I also think that you can't really get it 100% in domaining. In addition to the online learning material available, I think one has to pass through highs and lows to develop that innate instinct for good domain names

5. DoughMayne

DoughMayne Established Member

If you want to see what types of names not to register, just follow ReddStag

6. Reddstagg

DoughNut,

If you're going to disrespect someone at least get their name write. REDDSTAGG...2 D's and 2 G's.

However, by constantly disrespecting me you are also disrespecting other domainers due to the fact that I have, in addition to my many hand registrations diversified and started buying domains from our peers here at Namepros. I've also had some domainers reach out to me who have seen my portfolio too and they don't think that they are all bad, so in direct contradiction to your own perception.

I wonder now if they too are sick and tired of your whining. OK, I admit...you're better than me. You win. Move on. Nothing to see here.

It is getting tiresome now.

Regards,

Reddstagg

7. DoughMayne

E-Zoox nuff said

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  8. Reddstagg

Just click 'Ignore' and move on.

Regards,

Reddstagg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. DoughMayne

Zoox is the name of a company. If they want, they can take it from you. This is like owning, e-walmart.com

10. frostify

frostify Top Contributor VIP

I'm a member of a facebook group that buys/sells domain names and it always pains me to see people drop a few hundred bucks on hand reg'd names at $10 each that will more likely than not never sell.

All you can do is encourage best practices and preach "Quality over quantity" but at the end of the day it's their money after-all and they're going to spend it how they want, even if that means registering 100 mediocre domains with domain extensions you've never heard of :(

Just try to steer newbies on the right path.

Tips like:
    - When starting out, stick just to .COM .NET and .ORG (but mostly just .COM)
    - Quality over quantity, don't be afraid to invest $50 to $100 on the secondary market if it's a great name
    - Get a few 'blue chip" domains such as 4L .com's or single dictionary words
    - Research past sales to see what domains REALLY go for, not just what they're LISTED for.
    - Follow industry news, see what other's are doing. Learn from other's failures and successes.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice