Dynadot

Estibot 2.0 official launch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
After a long beta period we are proud to present you the new version of Estibot.
A lot of improvements and new features have been added.

Thanks Esa and Luc for this great service.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not loading...There is some problem. Its getting refreshed/connecting again and again

•••
The DNS may be still propagating for some users...it is for me. Can take up to 72 hours for all the links to start working properly for all users.
-Esa

•••
You should have an option for people that want to continue using the old interface. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Its much better than before. :tu:

The logo still has "beta" in it though. :)

•••
Congrats , very clean and simple interface , i will probably miss the old estibot interface since we went
together for so long but i can surely understand the need for this change .

well done ! :)

Last edited:
•••
Time to move on, the old interface is history. I do realize that it's going to take some time to get used to the new interface for those who were active users of the old one, but I'm confident that once you get the hang of it, the new one is so much better.

It does feel nice to hear that some of you got attached to the old interface.. thanks for the kind words. I personally had a love-hate relationship with it towards the end. The new one is so much more reliable and powerful, thanks to Luc's magic.

•••
looks great! I don't know why anyone will miss the old interface. haha. :)

•••
The new interface and results page looks great. Very helpful, so thanks for letting us know.

•••
Wohoo magic eight ball appraisals!

Does not work at all...

•••
Wow, very clean, excellent job.

•••
Before I could do 500 names in the fast bulk appraisal. Are we now limited to 100?

•••
Looks pretty good and alot more professional although I have'nt played with all the tools yet.

I have a question for Esa and Luc

I just did a whois check for namepros.com on estibot and it shows the owners email address in full plain text, as far as I know this will make it very easy for spammers to gather the address by automated means.

Other places usually disguise the email address or use an image to show it which makes it harder for spammers.

Check how whois.sc does it if you don't follow what I'm trying to say.

Did you think about doing this ?

Thanks

•••
Hello,

Whois queries for non-registered users are limited to 25 per day per IP just like domaintools and other whois sites. We also have measures in place to prevent bot and automated queries.

For registered users, query limits depend on the account level.

We are aware of possible spam risks but at the same time many of our customers use the whois to contact potential buyers or to copy-paste the results into other applications. Having a non-cloaked email is time saving and more efficient than typing the email into another client and possibly making a typo.

Thanks for the suggestion however. I have considered using an image cloak a few times but chose not to so customers can more efficiently utilize the tool.

Nonetheless, if we notice abuse you can be sure that we will introduce it.

Thanks!

•••
Hi, So will all the whois searches that are peformed be indexed by Google or will it be blocked ?

Thanks

•••
All the whois searches are private, just like all domain appraisals and everything else done on our site.

The only way to get a whois record crawled by Google is to link directly to the whois result page, but we have NOINDEX and NOFOLLOW in the whois output so if Google respects that, they should not index the page.

Thanks,
Luc

•••
All the whois searches are private, just like all domain appraisals and everything else done on our site.

The only way to get a whois record crawled by Google is to link directly to the whois result page, but we have NOINDEX and NOFOLLOW in the whois output so if Google respects that, they should not index the page.

Thanks,
Luc

Thats great :tu:
I really don't like it when all you have to do in google is put someones email address in to see a list of all the domain names they own, in fact it sucks and I would think there could be potential legal issues (in some countries) regarding peoples right to privacy.

Nice to see you've considered it by putting in NOINDEX....let's hope it works !

Thanks and good luck with it :tu:

•••
wow
Thats great
thanks DomainingCom.

•••
Are people here interested in real valuation metrics? It's strange that no one discusses the underlying variables that feed into a true valuation. There are many relevant and complicated factors that play into a comprehensive valuation. Comps of past sales is a consideration ... but a fairly weak one.

Estibot's author has created an interesting device, but people are putting blinders on in their endorsement of it. It's worth repeating estibot's disclaimer (below) before the gullible start putting stock in this. There are an alarming number of people beginning to quote estibot in the forums. Like an impressionable kid becoming indoctrinated to crazy Farrakan ramblings. Propaganda becomes reality ... if it goes unchallenged.

Estibot Disclaimer
The dollar valuation is not to be taken literally - it may change, and it is only an aggregate of the various metrics. Do not make a purchase or sale decisions based on this appraisal.

•••

I love being able to use my old user name, but when you sign in, you have to search all over the place for tools.

Why not offer the search box just after log in?

•••
I am interested in whatever valuation metrics you are talking about... I assumed estibot covered most of them (Google keyword search, past sales, alexa ranking, total search results, CPC, and a host of other metrics)..

What other valuation metrics are you taking about?

Are people here interested in real valuation metrics? It's strange that no one discusses the underlying variables that feed into a true valuation. There are many relevant and complicated factors that play into a comprehensive valuation. Comps of past sales is a consideration ... but a fairly weak one.

Estibot's author has created an interesting device, but people are putting blinders on in their endorsement of it. It's worth repeating estibot's disclaimer (below) before the gullible start putting stock in this. There are an alarming number of people beginning to quote estibot in the forums. Like an impressionable kid becoming indoctrinated to crazy Farrakan ramblings. Propaganda becomes reality ... if it goes unchallenged.

Estibot Disclaimer

•••
I have some minor issues with this new updated version. It seems the creators wanted to squeeze even more money out of it's users....You use to be able to do up to 5k queries at a time with valuation/overture.......now it has been reduced to next to nothing unless you up your membership to $40/mth........that to me is just ridiculous honestly. I mean this is a minor issue.

Also the new interface is so clustered together that it takes forever to get to where you need to get. This design just frustrates me honestly......I mean whats so hard about laying out the tools in a simple logical way? I'm sure there has to be a better way I mean the old interface i clicked 1 time and bam I'm there! Come on Esa don't forget the old members who helped get your service off the ground ;)

Anyway end gripe!

•••
Love your work Esa and Luc

Cheers
Corey

•••
I have some minor issues with this new updated version. It seems the creators wanted to squeeze even more money out of it's users....You use to be able to do up to 5k queries at a time with valuation/overture.......now it has been reduced to next to nothing unless you up your membership to $40/mth........that to me is just ridiculous honestly. I mean this is a minor issue.

Also the new interface is so clustered together that it takes forever to get to where you need to get. This design just frustrates me honestly......I mean whats so hard about laying out the tools in a simple logical way? I'm sure there has to be a better way I mean the old interface i clicked 1 time and bam I'm there! Come on Esa don't forget the old members who helped get your service off the ground ;)

Anyway end gripe!

We know it will take a while for everyone to get used to the changes, and we appreciate your feedback. We also realize that we can't make everyone happy.

All the tools are available in the tools section. Which is available from every single page (either the [T] button on top, or "Tools" on bottom on bottom). At most, any tool you want is 2 clicks away.

So far, most of the complaints have been from people who have the $4.95/month account and have been hammering the service when it had no limits. There is a $20 and $40 plan. The $4.95 accounts are for occasional domainers and not for people who want to submit thousands of domains.

There is a pretty significant cost associated with the appraisal queries since we pull a LOT of real time data and a lot of bandwidth is consumed. This results in higher quality appraisals, more up to date information on searches, ads, alexa, etc but also in higher bandwidth costs.

Nonetheless, thank you for the feedback. We do appreciate it and we DO take it to heart.

Thanks,
Luc

•••
I would like to add that actually the $39.95 rate is extremely cheap, at $1.33 per day for 50,000 daily appraisals (remember these are not just appraisals, but like Luc said pull a lot of fresh data) and large bulk access to a wide variety of other tools that save you time and money, including full appraised droplists, plus Namejet / Snapnames /GoDaddy auction lists.

Everyone wants something for nothing, yet we run 40 private servers at high bandwidth and have spent thousands of hours of work to make sure that we provide the most powerful tools available for the domainer anywhere. There are significant costs associated with running a service like this.

In fact, I think the pricing is totally unbeatable. Honestly. Let me know if I'm wrong - where else you can get this sort of functionality at even the same order of magnitude of price?

Just upgrade to the $39.95 plan and be happy :)

Cheers
Esa

•••
Back