Dynadot

.Esq domains - Currently are not supported for Dan, GoDaddy, and Afternic parking

NameSilo
Watch

Callmejohn

Established Member
Impact
Correct me if I’m wrong, but due to the new .Esq tld requiring SSL, they are not able to be parked on GoDaddy, Afternic, or Dan using their for sale landers. Does that sound correct? Any workarounds to park and list a newly registered .Esq domain without full hosting? So far GoDaddy and Afternic have confirmed the SSL requirement and that they do not have SSL for parking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google's new TLDs can be listed on DAN. I have a lander for

taxhelp.esq​

I integrate with afternic which it says "TLD not supported". Looks like DAN only so far out of the three.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks! I had tried using DAN but maybe I didn’t let the DNS propagate long enough - either way it is good to know that it is not a global issue on DAN as well. I’ll try again there and contact their support if I run into further issues.

•••
Upvote 0
Never heard of this ext and doubt @DAN.COM did too.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Correct me if I’m wrong, but due to the new .Esq tld requiring SSL, they are not able to be parked on GoDaddy, Afternic, or Dan using their for sale landers. Does that sound correct? Any workarounds to park and list a newly registered .Esq domain without full hosting? So far GoDaddy and Afternic have confirmed the SSL requirement and that they do not have SSL for parking.
The entire .esq TLD is on the HSTS Preload list, so indeed, websites will only work with TLS enabled landers.

DAN has a full and correct TLS implementation, Afternic does not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

https://hstspreload.org/

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Just as a side note.... In general, most members of the legal profession don't use "Esq." and typically find lawyers who do use it to be somewhat pretentious. I use it in formal stuff because I separately have a doctorate in engineering, so since I do use that hard-earned suffix I don't want to be mistaken for not also being an attorney. But I do occasionally get crap from other lawyers for having it in my signature. I had this one opposing counsel who felt the need to insult me over it repeatedly. Right up until he lost the case.

It's hard to top this guy, though.....

Fw_6OkqWIA0nLnQ.png

Fw_6PeuWIA0G1oh.png

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Just as a side note.... In general, most members of the legal profession don't use "Esq." and typically find lawyers who do use it to be somewhat pretentious. I use it in formal stuff because I separately have a doctorate in engineering, so since I do use that hard-earned suffix I don't want to be mistaken for not also being an attorney. But I do occasionally get crap from other lawyers for having it in my signature. I had this one opposing counsel who felt the need to insult me over it repeatedly. Right up until he lost the case.

It's hard to top this guy, though.....
Thanks, I can see how the .esq TLD might not be widely used in general. In this case I’m trying out a creative use for the short url of d.esq as in “desk” or “Desq”, a potential exact match for a few companies.

•••
Upvote 0
burl
grot
Kafka
pictur
statu

•••
Upvote 0
Just as a side note.... In general, most members of the legal profession don't use "Esq." and typically find lawyers who do use it to be somewhat pretentious.

.Esq will be widely used by lawyers from outside the Anglo-Saxon world : )

•••
Upvote 0
This one joins .lawyer (9,300 regs), .attorney (5,300 regs), .law (21,000 regs), .legal (18,000 regs), etc.

I have never seen one of those in actual use. I doubt .esq is any different.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
This one joins .lawyer (9,300 regs), .attorney (5,300 regs), .law (21,000 regs), .legal (18,000 regs), etc.

I have never seen one of those in actual use. I doubt .esq is any different.

Brad
You are correct now that I think about it. .ESQ are newly released since may of this year. I think it adds a more personal touch than the extensions you listed. BUT, this would need a marketing push to be widely accepted and used. imho.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Many fine points referenced above on the pretentiousness of using .esq but I would caveat that sentiment as expressed by maybe the "older" attorneys as GenZ may view .esq differently particularly those who have an affinity for domaining. That said, the point still holds true that those utilizing .esq in court filings like the referenced pleading will no doubt be looked on ass try hards.

•••
Upvote 0
Simple solution: redirect your whole domain to another one, supported and parked wherever you want, or to the sales page.

•••
Upvote 0
Just to follow up - Dan does support .Esq domains for domain parking - they properly handle the SSL requirements unlike GoDaddy, Sedo, and Afternic. If you need to use a lander for an Esq domain Dan is currently the quickest option (my domain just needed longer to propagate on the Dan nameservers)

•••
Upvote 0
Back