Dynadot

Escrow.com I'm leaving you

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Escrow,

You suck. I'm leaving you.

Marty

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
They have become increasing difficult to deal with, both as buyer and seller. They are very slow with verification, both of identification as well receiving funds. They are slow at dispersement of funds. They are closed on the weekends. Let me repeat that since it may seem ludicrous and unbelievable considering they are so internet based. They are unavailable for any support on weekends. They have poor customer service through email (they are not responding to my buyers questions!) and customer service is not all that much better on the phone, but at least a little bit better.
All in all, no need to give them money when there are much better options out there.

Last edited:
•••
what other options are there?

•••
or should I say ,alternatives

•••
They have become increasing difficult to deal with, both as buyer and seller. They are very slow with verification, both of identification as well as dispersement of funds. They have poor customer service through email and not all that much better on the phone, but better.
All in all, no need to give them money when there are better options out there.

I agree and prefer Sedo (y)

•••
Payoneer.com is where I'm going

•••
never used it ,will give it a try

•••
As a buyer, how would you like to receive this 4 times:

"Dear Buyer Upon checking the documentation submitted. We kindly ask you to send a higher quality picture of your passport to complete the verification process."

My buyer has assured me repeatedly he is sending a high quality image. He and I have both called and personally spoken with customer service about this matter and after their "inquiry," we received the above boilerplated reply, which is somehow grammatically incorrect.

Ridiculous and bye bye.

Last edited:
•••

I had a similar problem, despite being a long time customer. When the associate became belligerent, I told him I was recording the phone call.. Shit hit the fan.

They deserve to be replaced. The same company ruined GetAFreelancer.com

•••

"Dear Buyer Upon checking the documentation submitted. We kindly ask you to send a higher quality picture of your passport to complete the verification process."

My buyer has assured me repeatedly he is sending a high quality image. He and I have both called and personally spoken with customer service about this matter and after their "inquiry," we received the above boilerplated reply, which is somehow grammatically incorrect.

Ridiculous and bye bye.

That's the number #1 reason I left for http://escrow.payoneer.com
I do things to have buyers trust me, good domain name, professional looking site, ssl, ssl banner, escrow service banner etc... so ya basically do everything ya can to look as professional as possible so buyers trust you. The last thing you should have to worry about after getting a buyer to buy is handing them off to an escrow service where they could abandon the transaction due to headaches. Any company that requires extra submissions for security purposes better have rockstar support to follow things through, if not just aggravating buyers into "I'll never use this service again".

Last edited:
•••
+1 for Payoneer.

They're awesome. Highly recommended.

•••
no payoneer yet for my countrymen :xf.cry:

•••
Payoneer.com is where I'm going

+1 for Payoneer.

They're awesome. Highly recommended.

You want to say Payoneer Escrow.

Payoneer is a different company through which you can ask for payments but there is no fund verification or anything like that, if one does a charge back you are in trouble.
Payoneer was created for other purposes.

There are a couple of threads in the forum where you can see experiences etc.

I am very very happy with Payoneer Escrow

•••
•••
Thank you for all the nice comments about PayoneerEscrow.com. Reach out to me anytime regarding our services, I think you will be pleased what you find. Best regards to all,

Brandon

•••
several options around.
if they wanna keep clients they should pay more attention and effort.

•••
I have a serious buyer wont buy domains thru escrow. doesnt care if its a one word domain for $1 ..he hates them as much as i do. but theres not many other solutions. not happy with payoneers verfication time line either!!!! WE NEED QUICK TRANSACTIONS WHO WANTS OUR BUSINESS!!!

•••
•••
Hey Marty, Sedo's domain transfer service has worked VERY well for me since I made the switch from escrow.com.

Some pros:

• 3% fee (although the buyer may incur a payment fee if they're paying by credit card or PayPal for example) (also there's a minimum of $60 I believe, may be higher for some other extensions). I paid just $90 for a $3000 transaction though for example which is pretty reasonable considering it includes the transfer service.
  • You push/transfer the domain directly to Sedo, and they have been releasing the funds very quickly (usually next business day after they receive the domain). Since the actual domain transfer can often be the most problematic step in the sale, this can really save some hassle and ensure you get paid fast.
  • Phone support (M-F during business hours)

Some cons:

• Buyer still needs to sign up for a Sedo account and potentially take steps to verify that account, depending on the price level.
  • A buyer could potentially get sidetracked and start searching for alternative names on Sedo.
  • Minimum escrow fee of I believe $60 for .com, although it can be higher depending on the extension.
  • Doesn't support payment arrangements
  • Sedo's ugly website

If you want to give it a shot sometime, you just need to submit this form (you'll need to know the buyer's Sedo account name):

https://sedo.com/us/services/domain-transfer-service/external-transfer-order-page/

Payoneer does sound promising / cheaper, but I haven't yet tried them. Looks like they don't ever hold the domain itself (I prefer they do).... but it is half the price....

Last edited:
•••
Thoughtful response, Tom. Appreciate it brotherman!

•••
just lost $1500..... due to escrow.com thanks i hate you even more. toook days and you never approved my buyers account so he canceled i hate so much escrow.com

•••
So sorry man. We need a support group.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back