Dynadot

status-monitor Error: You must wait at least 10 seconds before performing this action

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I just want to report that every time I send a DM to a member, instantly I get the following error window/msg:
The following error occurred:
You must wait at least 10 seconds before performing this action.
I'm not sure if everybody is getting it or just me, but I wanted to report it.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@AdamFL I checked the logs. It looks like you might be double-clicking the button to submit the form. Generally, double-clicking on websites will cause problems because forms will be submitted each time you click; your browser doesn't understand that you're double-clicking and will try to send the data multiple times.

This can be particularly problematic on a banking or payment website; you might be double-charged, or a transaction may take place twice. On NamePros, many of our forms detect if you're submitted them too quickly. That error message is telling you that you've already submitted the form less than a second ago, and you need to wait an additional 10 seconds before submitting it again.

•••
It's possible but I just find it strange that every time i send i double click? anyway i will try to make sure i click once and see or maybe i have a faulty mouse.

Thank you

•••
It's possible but I just find it strange that every time i send i double click? anyway i will try to make sure i click once and see or maybe i have a faulty mouse.

Thank you

It doesn't seem to be every time, but it does seem to be happening a lot. Normally, the JavaScript on our site will prevent double-clicks from registering altogether, so you won't get an error message; however, if the switch in your mouse is bouncing because it's worn out, it might be clicking so fast that our JavaScript doesn't have time to react. It looks like it's about 30-60ms between requests, and probably even less between clicks. I'm no medical expert, but that sounds like superhuman speed to me.

Last edited:
•••
I'm measuring about 130-160ms for my double-click speed; I can get it a little lower if I deliberately do it as fast as possible, but nowhere near that 30-60ms mark. Sounds like a bad switch.

•••
I just want to report that every time I send a DM to a member, instantly I get the following error window/msg:
The following error occurred:
You must wait at least 10 seconds before performing this action.
I'm not sure if everybody is getting it or just me, but I wanted to report it.

Thanks
Note: We recently changed this setting ("Minimum Time Between Messages") from 10 seconds to 1 second.

Internal ref. options/list/performance#_floodCheckLength

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back