IT.COM

Error while listing .in domain on Dynadot... pls guide

NameSilo
Watch

ceorahuljain

Established Member
Impact
There is 1 error
  • racers.in: The registry for this TLD does not allow it to be listed in a domain marketplace.
I bought this domain yesterday but unable to list on marketplace. pls guide

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
That is correct. There are other venues where you can sell an .in domain though (Sedo comes to mind)

However, you should be aware that, although rare, the .in registry can take your sale down -and probably your domain away- if they see you trying to profit from a .in domain sale.

•••
NIXI does not allow registries to list .in (and .co.in, net.in, etc.) on their marketplaces. They do allow non-registries such as Sedo and Daaz to list them.

•••
Where can the original policy be found from the registry?

•••
If you are selling .in domains; i heard @DaaZ is the best.

•••
Where can the original policy be found from the registry?

1684642052714.png

https://www.registry.in/advisories

Edited to add specific link: https://www.registry.in/registry-advisory-la-01

Last edited:
•••
Quite interesting, the distinction between registrar and non-registrar.

Sedo.com LLC is an ICANN accredited registrar, by the way (IANA ID 1372).

Last edited:
•••
Quite interesting, the distinction between registrar and non-registrar.

Sedo.com LLC is an ICANN accredited registrar, by the way (IANA ID 1372).
I can only assume that Sedo registrar and Sedo marketplace are different entities

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Like the movie Inception.
haha... the domaining industry sometimes comes straight form inception in all honesty :)

•••
You can assume, but the footer tells:

Show attachment 238001
If you refer to buy,park,sell... it doesn't mention 'Register'.

If you refer to Sedo.com LLC (shown on the right) then, maybe, the marketplace is registered under a different company? I don't really know in all honestly, that's only an assumption on my part.

•••
If you refer to buy,park,sell... it doesn't mention 'Register'.

If you refer to Sedo.com LLC (shown on the right) then, maybe, the marketplace is registered under a different company? I don't really know in all honestly, that's only an assumption on my part.
I'm referring to Sedo.com LLC, indeed. The distinction registrar/non-registrar is kinda vague, and strictly speaking I think Sedo should not be allowed either. But I will add right away that I think the .IN policy is very strict to begin with :)

•••
@Future Sensors ,
couldn't agree more with you.

In general, cctld registries have such weird rules it just boggles the mind sometimes.

I remember when I was asked to provide a written letter from a 'witness' when I tried to register a domain in that cctld (don't remember which one was it). I had to have someone saying ,'yeah, he did register that domain, I was present' lol.

•••
@Dynadot
@calebdynadot

It would be nice if you could provide some insights on this as well, after reading this thread.

Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@Joe123 Again thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the little detour.

Now, looking at the accredited .IN registrar overview you mentioned above. Some of these registrars are also listing aftermarket .IN domains at higher pricing on the same website, such as e.g. registrar Epik.com, Name.com, and others. What to think of this?

In that case, Dynadot should also be allowed to do the same -- or .IN should better check compliance with their policy LA 01.

This is the vagueness that arises from this distinction...

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it is already resolved, but my understanding is that it is a rule of the .in registry that any registrar that is accredited for registration of .in domains, cannot also be an aftermarket seller of .in. I don't know of any other TLD with similar rules, and I have never understood the logic, but it has been that way for some time.

I no longer have any .in, but it certainly used to be the case that you could list them at places like Dan and Sedo (and others) that were not .in registrars, but not places like Namecheap and Dynadot marketplaces.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice if you could provide some insights on this as well, after reading this thread.

Thanks.
Bob Hawkes is correct! The .IN Registry does not allow domains to be sold in Registrar Marketplaces, so unfortunately it cannot be listed for sale, nor sold in our expired auctions when it expires at Dynadot.

It can be listed in Domain Marketplaces like Sedo or Dan as their marketplace does not count as a Registrar one. My understanding for their reasoning was always that they want .IN domains to be sold to every Registrar at the exact same price at all times.

Hope that helps!

•••
Bob Hawkes is correct! The .IN Registry does not allow domains to be sold in Registrar Marketplaces, so unfortunately it cannot be listed for sale, nor sold in our expired auctions when it expires at Dynadot.

It can be listed in Domain Marketplaces like Sedo or Dan as their marketplace does not count as a Registrar one. My understanding for their reasoning was always that they want .IN domains to be sold to every Registrar at the exact same price at all times.

Hope that helps!
Thanks. That's the official policy. However... please also read:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/er...in-on-dynadot-pls-guide.1302449/#post-8923634

Are some of these registrars in breach of this policy, you think?

•••
Back