IT.COM

domains Epik wins the Namepros 2020 Best registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Epik wins the Namepros 2020 Best registrar As I have stated before this year’s poll was pretty contentious for the first time the poll was public. This allowed for everyone to see who voted in the interest of transparency. The number of votes this year was almost identical to last year. 914 members voted this […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bravo!

This is easier said than done. When someone comes to you with a set-for-life mid/high 8 figure all cash offer for your life's work, it can be tempting. It takes character and resolve to walk away from that.

Would you be tempted? Would you be willing to sell Epik if the right offer came around? In the Escrow thread it was pointed out that in the past you reached out to Escrow.com to sell Epik.com.

Hello Rob

Great financial analysis.

While we are talking about financials, why don't you post a copy of Epik's so your customers know what they are getting into?

You sent me a copy a few months ago when you approached me to sell Epik, remember? I'm not sure what account you hold your escrows in given in December 2018 you had less than $50,000 cash between your bank and Paypal accounts. That's not enough to even pay out all those people that you got to buy Masterbucks.

Regards
Matt

•••
Would you be tempted? Would you be willing to sell Epik if the right offer came around? In the Escrow thread it was pointed out that in the past you reached out to Escrow.com to sell Epik.com.

This is inappropriate question to ask.

You’re being a hypocrite β€œtaking shots” by your definition. If im Rob, not acknowledge question especially by the most anti-epik critic on NP.

Hope doesnt cave in temptation humoring you.

Last edited:
•••

You’re being a hypocrite β€œtaking shots” by your definition. If im Rob, not acknowledge question especially by the most anti-epik critic on NP.

Hope Rob doesnt feed into it;

What? Your post doesn't make any sense. It was a basic question, the same question Rob just asked Dynadot. So not inappropriate if Rob asks it? Drop the pom-poms.

Last edited:
•••
What? Your post doesn't make any sense. It was a basic question, the same question Rob just asked Dynadot. So not inappropriate if Rob asks it?

Since already took huge issue and offense to Rob posing the hypothetical β€œIf Godaddy buys Dynadot (since theyre buying world) keep dynadot leadership, DD one best at what do.

they earned more respect from me from their classy post in thread, unlike u keep shots at Rob ;) Yeah!

It’s called double standards. You already fought rob tooth nail; offended (on DD behalf)

Last edited:
•••
Since already took huge issue and offense to Rob posing the hypothetical β€œIf Godaddy buys Dynadot (since theyre buying world) keep dynadot leadership, DD good what do.

they earned more reapect from me from their classy post in this thread, unlike you keep taking shots at Rob ;) Yeah!

It’s called double standards

It's called you having this rush to defend, hovering over every Epik post, that you get overly excited over a basic and on topic question. There is nothing wrong with the question whatsoever. And you left out the word "when" on purpose I'm guessing. There is also a past history of trying to sell it, it's in the quote.

Last edited:
•••
It's called you having this rush to defend, hovering over every Epik post, that you get overly excited over a basic and on topic question. There is nothing wrong with the question whatsoever.

Sorry JB, i think it’s highly sensitive topic
considering context... Rob was replying to the classiest post, seen Dynadot, since joined NP,
applaud Dynad. Rob complimented own way

You are always a vocal Rob critic.
See the context? ;) I dont think it’s an innocuous question, i see it as a slippery slope
all due respect,see whatev answer gives, used against him, but sure, let Rob answer himself.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Why? Rob is the one that wildly speculated it was a matter of if (when) Dynadot sells to GoDaddy.

On the other hand Rob actually did try to sell Epik.
It seems like a more than reasonable question to me.

Brad

•••
Epik is also an Afternic Fast-Transfer partner wit Godaddy. Was Epik invited to Godaddy's partner event in Austin, TX during NamesCon? No, we were not.

So does your dislike for GoDaddy all just boil down to a case of butt hurt from not being invited?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is a trusted brand among professional domainers. Godaddy much less so despite their size and abundant access to capital. Money can't buy loyalty but it can be leadership.

That is simply not true. You think GoDaddy has as many registrations as they do without many large portfolio holders?

They are far and away the largest registrar. They have about as many registrations as the rest of the top 10 combined.

I know many with 5K, 25K, 50K+ domains there.

Your statement is simply not compatible with the math.

Brad

•••
Why? Rob is the one that wildly speculated it was a matter of if (when) Dynadot sells to GoDaddy.

Brad

Yes,guy who claimed this jackson Escrow.com

1) Broke code; (if you believe him)
2) Never posted again after that day
3) ancient (Who knows how Rob feel after that day, yet alone epik finances)

Escrow.com Parent stock; on the other hand...
ASX:FLN; AU$0.32 ---$0.18 if you prefer OTC

Freelancer (ASX: FLN) (Escrow.com Parent)

1 Year Return
-56.4%

3 Year Return
-65.9%

5 Year Return
-65.9%

I'm glad Rob didnt sell Epik to those failures

Epik is doing great. If Rob sold Epik to Escrow.com, they claim, he tried sell to; he'd be dragged down into the mud with them. all Escrow.com has good domain. they continue add fees, not innovate

best case lemonade of my life.keep great work @Rob Monster.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Congrats Dyna!

also lol @ quoting a company's share price as a sign of failure when the entire market is tanking.

When will Samer get his staff badge, maybe Bouncer? Cheerleader? Are there volunteer badges avail?

Last edited:
•••
Quick comments on Epik outlook:

- Epik.com is a subsidiary of Epik Holdings, Inc. We have many business units, ICYMI. We are highly capital efficient, doing a lot and operating with minimal outside capital.

- Last year, we completed 4 small acquisitions. We also grow organic revenue by 96%. This year, I think we can triple the business despite tough economic conditions on Main Street.

- We can and will divest business units from time to time. There are no specific plans to divest Epik registrar. I would not rule it out for the right scenario.

- I am far and away the majority shareholder. I am enjoying building a really innovative company. I am 52 years old, in good health, and having a good time.

- We did promote @Sufyan Alani to VP Operations and @MayC18 to VP Asia this week. Additional appointments are pending that add strength as we scale.

There are some more exciting developments on the way. The Epik engineers have just been on a tear lately and we have done our level best to keep our foot on the gas and maintain continuity.

•••
•••
It was off topic in the poll thread last time he dropped the video and it was deleted. I posted the Godaddy video as inspiration, a more professional video. Not one that looks like a $9 Envato video. Should be able to find somebody to make better videos?

Godaddy is irrelevant like Southpark vid, Godaddy fanboy.

Epik won 2020 best registrar NP award.

all "Epik" post on-topic. Why hard? Want somebody else? ;)

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Brad

Do best registrar of the year polls add value, or would they even be a talking point, when considering a registrar acquisition?

I wonder if the 2017 poll was mentioned at any point in the acquisition of @namesilo

And with all this acquisition talk, I wonder what the chances are of namesilo getting acquired again, possibly prior to any of the above quoted theoreticized acquisitions.

[from January 28, 2020]

I have to imagine, @namesilo has taken note of their 4th place finish. And seeing how it seems @namesilo is active on nP, and from my perspective they apply prompt action when needed. As such was the recent case when namesilo offered assistance to namePros members in getting their paypal funds recovered after some nP members were scammed from a transaction that occurred at nP, not at namesilo, though involved a domain registered at namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
That is an awesome video Grilled! Gotta love the wisdom of Cartman!

Thank you for taking the comment with open arms.

Truly, it wasn't personal.

I have a personal issue with ads, and concerns of being influenced/manipulated. I need to learn to trust more. I know, I'm working on it.

I hope we get to a trusting point one day. Because it's obvious you are a great writer. And a capable content producer.

Though, being a great writer, and capable content producer are also two attributes that make up good advertisements.

Maybe one day (in time, as you ad more content to nP), I'll see you as more of a contributing member, and less of an ad. Until that day comes, I wish you the best of luck navigating through other long time members who may take issue, or help guide you, through your journey to being more active on nP.

Last edited:
•••
Quick comments on Epik outlook:

- Epik.com is a subsidiary of Epik Holdings, Inc. We have many business units, ICYMI. We are highly capital efficient, doing a lot and operating with minimal outside capital.

- Last year, we completed 4 small acquisitions. We also grow organic revenue by 96%. This year, I think we can triple the business despite tough economic conditions on Main Street.

- We can and will divest business units from time to time. There are no specific plans to divest Epik registrar. I would not rule it out for the right scenario.

- I am far and away the majority shareholder. I am enjoying building a really innovative company. I am 52 years old, in good health, and having a good time.

- We did promote @Sufyan Alani to VP Operations and @MayC18 to VP Asia this week. Additional appointments are pending that add strength as we scale.

There are some more exciting developments on the way. The Epik engineers have just been on a tear lately and we have done our level best to keep our foot on the gas and maintain continuity.

so the reason to talk about dynadot
is to get an opportunity to promote epik again?

in a thread that is ment to celebrate epik anyway?

•••
Congrats, I disagreed with Epik for allowing coronavirus domains on their platform, but to be fair to Rob he always trys to explain his way of thinking, always there to help people on this forum no matter who they are and gives great advice.

I don't have an account with Epik and have all my domains with NameSilo, I've never had a problem with them so felt no reason to change, but will give Epik a try at some point.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, I disagreed with Epik for allowing coronavirus domains on their platform, but to be fair to Rob he always trys to explain his way of thinking, always there to help people on this forum no matter who they are and gives great advice.

I don't have an account with Epik and have all my domains with NameSilo, I've never had a problem with them so felt no reason to change, but will give Epik a try at some point.
It’s not about allowing corona virus names or not allowing them, it is about Not censoring what people can, and cannot register. Maybe we should ban all hand sanitizer, mask, and toilet paper names as those are exploited products right now? So if you want to create a site, or have a mask domain dating back 10 years, should you be banned from selling it?

Does an open register really have a right in this manner, if the free market feels it is offensive they will show their displeasure by not purchasing it, simple as that. When you start to micro manage what you can ban, and what you cannot ban, you loose a free, and open internet. At the end of the day common sense should always prevail, but people have a right to agree, and disagree.

I believe Epik has taken the stance they will let the free market decide how it wants to respond. The party profiting from all this is really Verisign.

If you want to know the difference between namesilo, and Epik there are many... Epik has more extensive payment plan options. Namesilo 7 day wait for payout, Epik 0 days. At Epik if you sell a name, you can use those funds right away to purchase more names, or fund another deal. Epik has a quicker crypto checkout, and better crypto payout options, and timeline.

Epik has one of the most broad payment options I have seen from any company in this space. I don’t think namesilo accepts Alipay, do you know how helpful that is with many payment limited Chinese buyers, who are willing to spend decent prices on names, and with more factories and products than anyone, need good branding for them.

These few little things can make the difference between being successful, and not successful in this industry. For any domainer to be successful they need the right selling tools, and if you can’t give your clients, and yourself options, you can’t make the right sales. In the early days you know how many great deals I missed out on because I had to wait 15-30 days to get paid? Timing is everything in this industry, a single day can mean the difference between a windfall, or another 5 years of renewals on a dead domain.

Also I am not bashing namesilo they have made some strides being a newer player in the space, but when another company has limited options, and another has broad, it only makes sense to go with the latter.

Last edited:
•••
It’s not about allowing corona virus names or not allowing them, it is about Not censoring what people can, and cannot register. Maybe we should ban all hand sanitizer, mask, and toilet paper names as those are exploited products right now? So if you want to create a site, or have a mask domain dating back 10 years, should you be banned from selling it?

Does an open register really have a right in this manner, if the free market feels it is offensive they will show their displeasure by not purchasing it, simple as that. When you start to micro manage what you can ban, and what you cannot ban, you loose a free, and open internet. At the end of the day common sense should always prevail, but people have a right to agree, and disagree.

I believe Epik has taken the stance they will let the free market decide how it wants to respond. The party profiting from all this is really Verisign.

This is not the thread for this and I've gave counter arguments to the above points in the other thread, I'm not debating this or going over the same arguments again.

Last edited:
•••
This is not the thread for this and I've gave counter arguments to the above points in the other thread, I'm not debating this or going over the same arguments again.
Oh please, you brought it up, and facts, are facts. A few lines of facts never hurt anyone.

This is the thread that Epik won best register of 2020, and those were some reasons why, very simple to understand. Some people come here to disagree, some people come here to learn. Learning from people who are successful, is much better than learning from people who like to hear themselves talk nothings.

You really can’t make points against something you haven’t tried, really makes nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats to @Rob Monster and his team. Well deserved win. You guys put in the hours and work and have been contributing to life changing opportunities for people over the past (few) years. Respect.

Special thanks to @DanSanchez @Gube for working on some nice things that are new to the industry. And @Sufyan Alani for the nice promos. Again, respect.

Also, congrats @Dynadot . Big win for you as well and well deserved!. Keep it going. Your interface is unmatched, and you guys killed it in terms of promos! Thanks for that.

Last edited:
•••
Oh please, you brought it up, and facts, are facts. A few lines of facts never hurt anyone.

This is the thread that Epik won best register of 2020, and those were some reasons why, very simple to understand. Some people come here to disagree, some people come here to learn. Learning from people who are successful, is much better than learning from people who like to hear themselves talk nothings.

You really can’t make points against something you haven’t tried, really makes nonsense.

I see you've added to your two worded post since i disliked it, i would have still disliked it because i have no idea what you are going on about.

"You really can’t make points against something you haven’t tried, really makes nonsense."

What does that even mean? In the other thread, i spoke about how i disagreed with Epik for allowing coronavirus domain and my reasons for thinking this, that is all. Me disagreeing with Epik on this, does not mean i have any malice towards Rob or Epik as a company. I have many disagreements with my friends and family and don't agree with every single decision businesses make who i have an account with and use on a daily basis (eBay/Netflix/Sky etc).

I've not got an account on Epik, therefore don't have an opinion on them as a registrar.

As they've been voted by NamePros as the best registrar, i acknowledge this and (as said) will give them a try at some stage because of good things that have been said about them as a company.

All that being said what are you ranting on about?

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to @Rob Monster and his team. Well deserved win. You guys put in the hours and work and have been contributing to life changing opportunities for people over the past (few) years. Respect.

Special thanks to @DanSanchez @Gube for working on some nice things that are new to the industry. And @Sufyan Alani for the nice promos. Again, respect.

Also, congrats @Dynadot . Big win for you as well and well deserved!. Keep it going. Your interface is unmatched, and you guys killed it in terms of promos! Thanks for that.

Thank you for your lovely message! We really appreciate it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back