IT.COM

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

NameSilo
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would include this into the Wikipedia talk page so that this can be revised to reflect accurate information.

You would, or you are?

It seems as if you've made it to the wikipedia talk page. Have at it.

•••
You would, or you are?

It seems as if you've made it to the wikipedia talk page. Have at it.
I haven't made that point.

I already made my posts on the talk page -- if you would like to include what you posed above on the talk page it could be helpful for every editor to take a look at that information you provided just now.

@@@Remember to read the entire talk page prior to comment submission.@@@

Last edited:
•••
My question is why is this even on Namepros.com? This has absolutely nothing to do with the domain industry.

•••
My question is why is this even on Namepros.com? This has absolutely nothing to do with the domain industry.

Well, like it or not, epik is part of the domain industry.

I agree this never should have been posted in Domain Name News section of nP. Which nP mods quickly fixed.

•••
I would include this into the Wikipedia talk page so that this can be revised to reflect accurate information.

One domain to a registrar is like a drop in the bucket out of millions to potentially billions.

I have also never heard of LegalScript prior to this submission to the Wikipedia page. This does raise questions on the legitimacy behind the source as they certainly are not the main authority behind the subject matter.

Good point you made!

@@@Remember to read the entire talk page prior to comment submission.@@@
It seems they banned my ip. I am not able to answer further to gorilla there on Wikipedia with more links

•••
•••
Pharmaceutical watchdog website LegitScript has reported that they alerted Epik to the sale of illegal drugs and counterfeit medications on websites registered by Epik, and that Epik has not acted upon the information.[4]

Allegedly, Epik did act upon some of the information. Though, it appeared they acted due to a trademark aspect.

https://www.epik.com/blog/why-i-stood-up-to-legitscript.html

In the meantime, after reviewing the list of alleged abuse domains, we have taken the domain myxanaxpills.com offline as this domain trespasses on a registered trademark, and is a violation of Epik’s published terms of service. To secure the domain, the TM holder (not the complainant) should pursue UDRP, arbitration or court order.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160326103850/http://www.myxanaxpills.com/

Last edited:
•••
I am not able to post.someone pls show this gorilla this link --

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/epik.com

If Wikipedia is neutral encyclopaedia then what makes you to publish testimony of one person i.e it's author Michael.
Please also check ratings given to epik by people all over the world on trustpilot.

•••
It seems they banned my ip. I am not able to answer further to gorilla there on Wikipedia with more links

You are still a hero. God bless you and yours for standing up to thuggery and for taking the time to state on the record that you disagree with the obvious bias.

As for TrustPilot, it is also weaponized, which is why we are developing TrustRatings.com --- it is quite far along and will soon have a role to play.

On our TrustPilot there is one bad review because a guy was butt-hurt because someone would not sell him a domain for a price he could afford. So he posts a 1-star review and TrustPilot lets it stand. So lame.

Left unchecked, tyranny will impact a lot more people. Thankfully there are folks who stand up to it, and call it out for what it is when they see it. Truth will ultimately prevail.

•••
You are still a hero. God bless you and yours for standing up to thuggery and for taking the time to state on the record that you disagree with the obvious bias.

As for TrustPilot, it is also weaponized, which is why we are developing TrustRatings.com --- it is quite far along and will soon have a role to play.

On our TrustPilot there is one bad review because a guy was butt-hurt because someone would not sell him a domain for a price he could afford. So he posts a 1-star review and TrustPilot lets it stand. So lame.

Left unchecked, tyranny will impact a lot more people. Thankfully there are folks who stand up to it, and call it out for what it is when they see it. Truth will ultimately prevail.

Well, TrustRatings.com

Epik has 99 reviews

Godaddy has 0 reviews, the biggest registrar in the world

How does that happen.

•••
Well, TrustRatings.com

Epik has 99 reviews

How does that happen.
Maybe they dont direct their customers there to make reviews for them? Honestly, GD is very well established so maybe they give it less priority?

•••

But still trustpilot has 99% of positive reviews for epik sir. How can paid actors of Wikipedia ignore it. If they would have not locked me ,I wud have written a lot more

•••
Well, TrustRatings.com

Epik has 99 reviews

How does that happen.

TrustRatings.com is still in public beta. It has matured steadily and shortly we'll release it especially directed at the large number of businesses whose reputations have been sabotaged by fake reviews.

Keep in mind, TrustPilot is part of the Silicon Valley establishment, as is Godaddy. As such, I would expect reviews that are problematic for Godaddy can be conveniently removed as needed. Epik, not so much.

•••
TrustRatings.com is still in public beta. It has matured steadily and shortly we'll release it especially directed at the large number of businesses whose reputations have been sabotaged by fake reviews.

Keep in mind, TrustPilot is part of the Silicon Valley establishment, as is Godaddy. As such, I would expect reviews that are problematic for Godaddy can be conveniently removed as needed. Epik, not so much.

Fake reviews? What do you mean? Like a competitor writing bad stuff? What about employees or owner writing good stuff?

Rob Monster
Love Epik
Competitive pricing. Unmatched platform. Remarkable service organization. Easy choice.

•••
Allegedly, Epik did act upon some of the information. Though, it appeared they acted due to a trademark aspect.

https://www.epik.com/blog/why-i-stood-up-to-legitscript.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20160326103850/http://www.myxanaxpills.com/

Sure, that was an open and shut case -- obvious TM violation which could easily be discerned.

On the other hand, when it comes to online pharmacies selling remedies for far cheaper than your local Walgreens, we are in no position to judge whether or not they are selling efficacious remedies.

Our policy was reasonable, and that is that we ask for a court order, which we would enforce. Legitscript never produces those because it is cheaper to thuggishly apply moral suasion.

•••
Being fair to epik...

Is this accurate? How come that blog entry to wikipedia wasn't scrutinized? Has anybody trying to edit epik's article mentioned the domain not being registered at epik anymore? Or is everybody trying to edit epiks wikipedia page busy battling each other?

I'm not too well versed in the history behind:

When I google searched (maybe not the correct term) "epik.com sells drugs"

The first related article was from an apparent pahaceutical watchdog website LegalScript. Curious, has LegalScript /blog been deemed such an authoritative website to disregard traditional legal processes?

The article mentions ONE domain. Really, just one domain? A domain that is no longer registered with Epik. Apparently the domain that warranted the wikipedia entry was, onlinedrugpills.net.

http://web.archive.org/web/20180922131117/http://www.onlinedrugpills.net/

The author (Michal) has 7 posts on LegalScript. https://www.legitscript.com/blog/author/michal/

I haven't read them, but my first question, would be about her background, or the research process. To get an understanding how well versed regarding domain names the author is. Not to make it about the author. I'm more curious about the process(es) that were taken. And what made the blog entry qualify to be included as a wikipedia source.

I looked through OnlineDrugPills.net social media pages (based off an archive.org entry)

Looks like both their Twitter and Facebook pages were either suspended or taken down.

Though, their LinkedIn page remains active.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/onlinedrugpills/about/

OnlineDrugPills.net is the best choice to buy generic drugs by placing an order online. The generic medicines sold by us are of best quality and meets up all the Medical industrial principles and requirement. All the generic medications available on our online pharmacy store are approved by FDA (food and drug administration). We sell generic drugs, which are manufactured by authorized drugs manufacturer and leading pharmaceutical companies such as Cipla, Sun Pharma, Ranbaxy, Pfizer, Novartis and Sanofi. These companies strongly believe in best quality generic drugs and manufacture it by using standard ingredients. We offer medicines that are safe for consumers and possess long shelf life. We are one of the largest online distributors of generic drugs, but on customer's demand we also sell branded drugs, which helps us make sure that the medicines that we supply are not just inexpensive, but also of good quality. Most of the medications available on our online portal need a prescription from a licensed Doctor.

Something I wonder/assume/hope LegalScript did a more extensive investigation, of which tangible evidence could have been turned over to law enforcement, nevertheless,

I wonder if it was ever confirmed (and if so where) the website was selling prescription medication without properly vetting prescriptions. Seeing how their LinkedIn overview states most of the medications need a prescription from a licensed doctor. I'm not educated on the process of selling pharmaceuticals online, as I imagine LegalScript has more of an expertise on.

Last edited:
•••
Fake reviews? What do you mean? Like a competitor writing bad stuff? What about employees or owner writing good stuff?

Rob Monster
Love Epik
Competitive pricing. Unmatched platform. Remarkable service organization. Easy choice.

Pretty accurate. I am a customer -- have about 10,000 domains on there. It was a test review actually but the assessment was spot on. If you tried us you would agree but you are too busy being a Godaddy apologist. I am not sure the compensation is worth it, but you do drive up page views and thread ranking so I guess I should thank you more often in spite of your wasted intellect.

•••
But still trustpilot has 99% of positive reviews for epik sir. How can paid actors of Wikipedia ignore it. If they would have not locked me ,I wud have written a lot more
Why would they lock you? What are you doing to make them quickly block you?

•••
I looked through OnlineDrugPills.net social media pages (based off an archive.org entry)

Looks like both their Twitter and Facebook pages were either suspended or taken down.

Though, their LinkedIn page remains active.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/onlinedrugpills/about/

Something I wonder/assume/hope LegalScript did a more extensive investigation, of which tangible evidence could have been turned over to law enforcement, nevertheless,

I wonder if it was ever confirmed (and if so where) the website was selling prescription medication without properly vetting prescriptions. Seeing how their LinkedIn overview states most of the medications need a prescription from a licensed doctor. I'm not educated on the process of selling pharmaceuticals online, as I imagine LegalScript has more of an expertise on.

See related thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/legitscript-and-name-com-holding-domains-hostage.1141035/

•••
Pretty accurate. I am a customer -- have about 10,000 domains on there. It was a test review actually but the assessment was spot on. If you tried us you would agree but you are too busy being a Godaddy apologist. I am not sure the compensation is worth it, but you do drive up page views and thread ranking so I guess I should thank you more often in spite of your wasted intellect.

GoDaddy doesn't have to pay anybody and then I voted for Dynadot. On the other hand, you did say somewhere this was the year you were going to increase your influencer marketing spend on social media. You can't complain about somebody doing something, when you do it yourself. And if somebody has a problem with your company, maybe they just have a problem with your company, doesn't mean they're butthurt or paid off by Soros.

Last edited:
•••

I appreciate the extra info.

But right now, I'm trying to keep blinders on to address the wikipedia page. Too much smoke and mirrors to decipher through otherwise.

And that link might, not sure yet, might be out of scope to the wikipedia page. But I'll still check it out.

As also out of scope might have been the George Soros comments, and allegation that Molly might not be a real person.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy doesn't have to pay anybody and then I voted for Dynadot. On the other hand, you did say somewhere this was the year you were going to increase your influencer marketing spend on social media. You can't complain about somebody doing something, when you do it yourself. And if somebody has a problem with your company, maybe they just have a problem with your company, doesn't mean they're butthurt or paid off by Soros.

Sure that vote made sense since you wanted to make sure Epik did not win. Oops.

You don't even use Dynadot for your main domain:

Explain that.

Last edited:
•••

I use both registrars, I posted that in the poll thread you were spamming. I still voted for Dynadot, where I have other domains.

Last edited:
•••

Rob Monster
Love Epik

Pretty accurate. I am a customer -- have about 10,000 domains on there. It was a test review actually but the assessment was spot on.

C'mon man... have you no decency?

It's obvious that it was a test review.

And since it's an obvious test review, why devalue the review platform by not attaching appropriate disclaimers, such as THIS IS A TEST REVIEW... 👍

Last edited:
•••

You don't even use Dynadot for your main domain:

Show attachment 151492

Explain that.

I use both registrars, I posted that in the poll thread you were spamming. I still voted for Dynadot, where I have other domains.

Actually to be fair to JB, I was the one who asked him why he changed his GD vote and he gave the same answer like he did now.

•••
Back