Dynadot

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros admin pls take this point in view that @Grilled is using abusive and derogatory language against Mr Samer. How come using bad words are allowed in forum against other np members

Saying someone is an @hole is an opinion.

Is it the actual word that offends you? Would something like "jerk" be less offensive?

Many of the people in this thread like Rob and his supporters are supposed free speech advocates. I would find it rather hypocritical if they were offended by the expression of opinion by another party.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thank you sir. It must reach lot of ppl in usa so that she can be exposed and must be sent to jail for her malpractices

What is she going to jail for, not allowing someone to edit a page?
That is just delusional.

Please.

Brad

•••
Why would George Soros or Vice have a vendetta against epik?]

That is a good question. I would bet almost anything that George Soros has never even heard of Epik, a small privately held domain company.

It is delusions of grandeur to think Epik is big enough, or relevant enough.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I agree this never should have been posted in Domain Name News section of nP. Which nP mods quickly fixed.

It seems like Rob has a bad habit of posting things in the General Domain Discussion and Domain Industry News sections that clearly do not belong there, and later get moved by mods.

Maybe the mods need to make sure Rob understands the rules as it seems to be an ongoing issue.

Brad

•••
That is just delusional.

Please.

Brad
What an illogical logic

•••
That is just delusional.

Please.

Brad
It's not about simply editing a page . It's about the corruption done by her in order to malign a company and its ceo. If god forbid someone steals your domain name then instead of accusing him/her for theft, just consider the fact they simply transferred domain name from your account to his. Also use yours same illogical logic if someone murders some one. Just say that he simply moved his finger on the trigger

•••
Keep it classy.

Where are the classy tweets about you suggesting the New Zealand mass shooting was a hoax, and hosting and sharing a link to the video on social media? That is where you really came to prominence and much of this nonsense started.

http://domainincite.com/24077-after-nz-shooting-epik-has-a-monster-pr-problem

I don't think any of this conspiracy theory bullshit does much for your credibility in general, outside a small group of domainers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What an illogical logic

What law did she break? You know, you have to break laws to go to jail.
I will give you one, threatening someone. Something you did.

Not allowing someone to edit a 3rd party webpage is not a crime.

Brad

•••
What law did she break? You know, you have to break laws to go to jail.
I will give you one, threatening someone. Something you did.

Not allowing someone to edit a 3rd party webpage is not a crime.

Brad

Specially if that 3rd party webpage is spewing venom towards registrar and the author of that so called 3rd party webpage( which is supposed to be neutral) is posting taunting comments about its ceo in a personal manner.
Your actions are your freedom of speech and if someone defends and retailates ,they are law breakers.

•••
It's not about simply editing a page . It's about the corruption done by her in order to malign a company and its ceo. If god forbid someone steals your domain name then instead of accusing him/her for theft, just consider the fact they simply transferred domain name from your account to his. Also use yours same illogical logic if someone murders some one. Just say that he simply moved his finger on the trigger

I am not sure if the person making threats should be giving legal lessons.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
Since when do you have a problem with such behavior?
Since guys like you started seeing things in a selective way and since you started delivering justice in a selective manner

•••
Specially if that 3rd party webpage is spewing venom towards registrar and the author of that so called 3rd party webpage( which is supposed to be neutral) is posting taunting comments about its ceo in a personal manner.

Then Rob can sue them for slander/libel I guess. Just remember that facts and truth are an absolute defense against that. I also don't think a court is going to be very receptive to all the conspiracy bullshit either.

Brad

•••
“Free Encyclopedia that anyone can edit.”
Samer
@Samer is right.

It is more likely to create entries from ‘competitors’ hidden in the dark.And if you wiki the domain name you have ever published, you will definitely find an entry that denigrates it.

•••
Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
It seems like Rob has a bad habit of posting things in the General Domain Discussion and Domain Industry News sections that clearly do not belong there, and later get moved by mods.

Maybe the mods need to make sure Rob understands the rules as it seems to be an ongoing issue.

Brad
Give me a break, it’s always the same people who complain, prob same ones report; to have moved to less popular section less exposure. ‘Spam’ is anything Rob says to these people
Saying someone is an @hole is an opinion.

Is it the actual word that offends you? Would something like "jerk" be less offensive?

Many of the people in this thread like Rob and his supporters are supposed free speech advocates. I would find it rather hypocritical if they were offended by the expression of opinion by another party.

Brad
i was called “piece of s*it.” twice. He didnt add
anything else to the discussion. The ‘opinion’ was 100% insult.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
When these sorts of things happen “edit wars” they are discussed in a User Talk Wikipedia thread and resolved.

It’s probably not right to have the Wiki article start right off with the glaring statement that Epik is “known” for hosting Nazi, White Supremacist and illicit drug dealing content, but to suppress the fact that it has hosted such content is not going to happen either - this is just the way Wikipedia works. You can’t host chickens and not expect them to come home to roost.

•••

Brad

Let's be candid.

Epik is not only the NamePros 2020 Registrar of the Year. We are also the innovation pace-setter that happens to take registrant rights seriously, and defend them vigorously. You could thank me.

When people clear transactions on Epik, and their buyer diligences Epik only to find a false narrative on Google that portrays us villains, it happens that transactions get cancelled. You could care about that.

When a respected and widely followed thought leader in the domain industry is wrongly characterized, it impacts not just me or Epik but casts a shadow on NamePros. You could do something about that.

If you think you this is about me, you missed the point. This is about truth and justice. This is about preserving checks and balances in the media to prevent indiscriminate character assassination.

I happen to be one of the few guys who is not only prepared to call it out but also to empower a suite of technologies that can finally put a stop to it. If you don't know what those are, you can start here:

https://www.epik.com/about/labs/

I suggest you set aside whatever your personal beef is with me, and consider the possibility that by allowing Wikipedia to fail in its mandate as an "Encylopedia that anyone can edit" that you are hurting yourself.

This famous quote is relevant. I have quoted it before. It is illustrative of why you should care:

upload_2020-4-18_8-27-53.png

Last edited:
•••
It’s probably not right to have the Wiki article start right off with the glaring statement that Epik is “known” for hosting Nazi, White Supremacist and illicit drug dealing content, but to suppress the fact that it has hosted such content is not going to happen either - this is just the way Wikipedia works. You can’t host chickens and not expect them to come home to roost.

This is just ridiculous. GoDaddy has and continues to host many horrific things from its user base of 19 million people. As does Web/Register/NetSol. They are certainly not branded on social media or public encyclopedias as such. They have no army assigned to them to preserve the illustration of hate. Gmail openly allows millions of email addresses weekly to be registered knowing full well they are being used for trafficking, hate, scams, promises of false wealth, phishing, and more. They could stop it with filters in a second - but they don't. Uniregistry played host to some of the foulest and most extremist concepts right in front of your eyes - from a Cayman address no less that allowed all types of service transactions by virtue of their location. No one questioned the names or revenue being generated from Frank's portfolio.

You won't even see them try to self-police themselves to stop it. Or go out on a limb and put their company in jeopardy as they break from the political polarization going on and try to define what responsible freedom of speech should include. In fact, one could argue they secretly encourage various forms of extremism to propagate, as a means by which they continue to use lobbyists behind the scenes to further strip rights. As one example, you are about two key signatures away from having portfolio holders branded in their own unique light, as organizations work to use UDRP assignments as a means to identify who should lose their domain portfolios. Where are the geniuses now?

From a registrar perspective, there is not a registrar in existence- or a major service provider for that matter - that does not knowingly and intentionally succumb to clear and open support of things that are bad. It is part of the thing we called Freedom of Speech, millions have died protecting it, and some of you with your instant attacks and your policies to take the anti-position of anything that Rob or Epik says or does, are a great part of the problem. You in fact have more than a small role of accountability to play in how individuals dismantled anti-monopoly boards to create Google, Amazon, and others in the first place. By constantly attacking messengers from arrogant armchair positions without any real sense or investment in the real battle. What a waste of powerful and creative thinking. You will also be the first ones to complain loudly when your own rights are taken, and ironically you won't even know or remember how you got there.

So let's get to it...

I don't see anyone calling out NameCheap as a harbormaster of racism, extremism, and neo-nazi views. Yet the name n*gg*r.info is literally registered through them. AND ON SALE at Afternic no less - a GoDaddy company, and you can own it for $3488 right now! It is right above the phrase n*gg*rdown.com now available at $300, a domain brought to you by Network Solutions (WEB), and New Venture hasn't even hid their pride of ownership of this great nugget. This is just a small taste. GoDaddy not only is the registrar for nazin*gg*r.com, but they provided the forwarding for parking revenue, get paid for the privacy services on it, AND it also was accepted for Afternic and Fast Transfer approval. Would you like to know how many domain names and parking pages based on rape, trafficking, illegal drugs and racism they REALLY supported over the past two decades? I have a nice list! Would you like to know what they paid Frank per domain for even the horrible names in his portfolio, as they just used public money, retirement plans, pensions, and mutual fund wraps to monetize some of the most disgusting phrases every registered? I would!

You won't find anyone though with half the vigor and self-taken initiative you are using to smear Rob publicly to point these facts out. Much easier to just hate on the individual you feel like you have control over that is right in front of you. Scoring cheap points from broken lives for short-term self validation. So go ahead and pick this apart. Ignore the message of the words. Talk about rants, obsess over the portions you think you can address, belittle and debunk. I recommend try reading. See the fight being fought. Look at the people being smeared. Think about them in terms of fathers, husbands, sisters, brothers, staff, and team members, each with their own respective families and people to care for. While you are getting high and playing video games, we will be here still working at 3 AM exposing the individuals that are being used to coordinate hit pieces on organizations dedicated to protecting your rights.

Mark my words - keep messing with Epik, posting your hate against him, and there will be an exposure unlike anything you could imagine. Just even in the domaining sector alone - from individuals schilling bids in hotel rooms during major conferences, through to why they even call one of your heroes "Mr. Fister". I am tired of the hypocrisies, the double standards, and the tolerance and allowance for open hate against Rob and others here and elsewhere. You know who you are, and the roles you play in attempts to delegitimize this industry and those within it. Before I even address the individuals who melted down anti-monopoly boards to create some of your forward battle pieces. You must really think that the people in this world are weak. That the impoverished have no voice. That they won't rise to stop you. Then rise again. Rise, rise, rise, until the lambs become lions.

Please wake up people. Most of you are in quarantine for reasons you could not even begin to understand. While some fight for your rights that you have no idea you are in the process of losing. You can exercise your rights to free speech all you want and attack others here, but you are sitting on the wrong side of history. We should be lifting one another up, not bathing in the ego, pride and vanity present in these constant attacks, being used for the most part as a means to flaunt perceptions of intellectual prowess. It is pointed in the wrong directions.

May God protect you from the evil that is coming, and that which is already here.

•••
Brought to you (literally) by GoDaddy, Afternic (home of the fast transfer!), and Key-Systems GmbH.
I'd like to also say thank you to ICANN for their role in appropriate accreditations that allowed this message.

truth_serum1.jpg

I just want to say that racism sucks. It takes many forms. None of it should be tolerated. Judging others by their skin color, and having pre-factored expectations based on where someone comes from, is one of the most deeply ignorant facets of humanity on this planet. It almost always also reveals fears and deep-rooted insecurities from the individuals portraying it.

Simultaneously and without question, this popularized mechanic of calling others racists and nazis as a political tool to galvanize and reach the hearts of the innocent is its OWN FORM of racism. It is being wielded far too often and frequently, with concentrations coming from media interests owned almost in entirety by six individuals. Paraded in campaigns at schools and through organizations as propaganda, designed to stimulate votes. So that an entirely different set of corrupt people can instead manage coffers and benefit from lobbyists worldwide. I don't even like the fact that the global dictionary standard is making me try and capitalize the word "nazi", and I choose to use small letters for it.

I liked this quote as well, although I don't see it on the top of Facebook's wikipedia page:

"Pages operated by factions of international white supremacist organisations including Combat 18 and the Misanthropic Division were reported, but Facebook refused to remove the content and told researchers to unfollow pages if they found them “offensive”."

•••
Let's be candid.

Epik is not only the NamePros 2020 Registrar of the Year. We are also the innovation pace-setter that happens to take registrant rights seriously, and defend them vigorously. You could thank me.

When people clear transactions on Epik, and their buyer diligences Epik only to find a false narrative on Google that portrays us villains, it happens that transactions get cancelled. You could care about that.

When a respected and widely followed thought leader in the domain industry is wrongly characterized, it impacts not just me or Epik but casts a shadow on NamePros. You could do something about that.

If you think you this is about me, you missed the point. This is about truth and justice. This is about preserving checks and balances in the media to prevent indiscriminate character assassination.

I happen to be one of the few guys who is not only prepared to call it out but also to empower a suite of technologies that can finally put a stop to it. If you don't know what those are, you can start here:

https://www.epik.com/about/labs/

I suggest you set aside whatever your personal beef is with me, and consider the possibility that by allowing Wikipedia to fail in its mandate as an "Encylopedia that anyone can edit" that you are hurting yourself.

This famous quote is relevant. I have quoted it before. It is illustrative of why you should care:

Show attachment 151541

Cool story.

Now what part of your post is in any way relevant to my point that you frequently post in the wrong category, usually either the general discussion or industry news sections and then have posts moved to more relevant categories by mods?

I was just pointing out that maybe you need someone to explain the rules to you, as it seems to be an ongoing issue.

Brad

•••
That is funny! Made my day Brad. Assuming you are using satirical parody in real time to show how every message that is important is reduced to some bureaucrat know-it-all who tries to defuse by criticizing a functional format. I thought you were being serious this whole time, and now I realize you are hysterical!

Thank you for the laugh. Almost brought tears to our eyes here. Keep up the great work. :kiss:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back