Dynadot

Epik trying to prevent sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
(..but they still collect/steal from us, leads, by hiding contact info)

On negotiation window we see:

Alexa: -

Purchase Date: -

Purchase Price: -

Park Visits: 0

Market Visits: 0

WHOIS: -

Previous Offers: 0

WHY POST SUCH NONSENSE.
THERE IS NO INFO HERE, and ALL INFO IS FAKE. ALL THOSE 0's are LIES.
They can only discourage a buyer from purchasing.
Everything is zero, so price must also be zero, right?
PLUS, they RESET number of visits to ZERO, just because we respond to the potential buyer.

I mean, everythng in their marketplace is wrong, has bad intention, and never fixed
despite warnings. Why kill your own site for no reason, unless,..
it doesn't work the way it seems to work?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What you've said here makes no sense. 🤷🏽‍♂️

No offense but most registrar marketplaces and 3rd party platforms obfuscate potential buyer data. Afternic, Sedo, Dan, etc.

This was a recent change by the Epik team. If you are a customer in good standing you can request they give you buyer info.

They want you to complete transactions via Epik Escrow and Epik Marketplace if they provide you that data.

If you don't like it I would host your own landing pages.

•••
Not another epik thread. Holy beep
Their evil, stealing data, domains and peoples money.
Thank god almighty i have no names at epik
If you dont like food there, go eat somewhere else

•••
Prices are different, but, (talking to the buyer ) You agreed to buy at this price , ( talking to the seller) You agreed to sell at this price; so you can't complain, and there is no crime here, right? No, it means stealing from both parties, even if they agreed to buy/sell at those prices. You can insert more steps, to make things look more legal, but if caught once, all past sales deserve an investigation, and undeserved profits need to be given to buyers and sellers in 50-50 fashion., with interest; in addition to penalty.

I'm not saying this is happening, but they are creating room which would allow them to commit such crimes.
This is like, your wife suddently decides to buy heavy guns, and lots of bullets, and when you ask her why doing all these, she would just say, no plan to use it, having it just in case.

•••
(..but they still collect/steal from us, leads, by hiding contact info)

On negotiation window we see:

Alexa: -

Purchase Date: -

Purchase Price: -

Park Visits: 0

Market Visits: 0

WHOIS: -

Previous Offers: 0

WHY POST SUCH NONSENSE.
THERE IS NO INFO HERE, and ALL INFO IS FAKE. ALL THOSE 0's are LIES.
They can only discourage a buyer from purchasing.
Everything is zero, so price must also be zero, right?
PLUS, they RESET number of visits to ZERO, just because we respond to the potential buyer.

I mean, everythng in their marketplace is wrong, has bad intention, and never fixed
despite warnings. Why kill your own site for no reason, unless,..
it doesn't work the way it seems to work?
For those of us who do not use Epik, could you please explain this "negotiation window" further? Is this what a potential buyer sees, when they submit to a "make offer" request? If so, compared to the average domain marketplace, this seems like quite a bit more information that they try to provide a potential buyer. Curious.

•••
Others can be bad as well, in other ways. We want to make all good.
I'm not trying to harm EPik, just trying to correct it.
They built a good system, and now destroying it with their greed, and incompetence, and ignorance.

•••
It is easy to test Epik marketplace. Go to Epik, register, buy the cheapest domain. It will have a landing page with "contact owner" form. People then can "contact owner", but contact info, IP will be hidden (in the past they were not), and only the comment part will be shown to domain owner (and emails and urls will be censored). To see negotiation windows, visit Account>Marketplace offers. You can choose a message, read it, and respond with a message or counteroffer. ..Since Epik hides contact info, you can never know if there is a real buyer, and whether Epik replaces the buyer from time to time by inserting its own offer (below or higher than actual offers depending on whether they are playing the buyer or the seller), erase/block messages. It resembles Dan, but a message can be sent without an offer (and often it is not about the domain), and unlike Dan , all info about buyer is hidden.
This is like all info about bidders in an auction are hidden, even nicknames, so whoever running the auction can add its shillbid anytime, in the middle of the game, and can bid on someone else's behalf but noone will know it.

You can turn that parking page into a for sale page (fixed price, rent, rent to own, make offer), but if there is a
contact owner page only, it is unethical and probably illegal to hide contact info of the buyer, because with that form
people think they are contacting owners, but not really; Epik hides contact info of people (the most important part), and people think their info is sent to domain owners, while they are not. So they are pretending to be someone else, and this is illegal everywhere in the world. If I pretend to be the Potus, and collect donation online, this would be a crime and require prison sentence.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back