IT.COM

Epik Removed a domain from my account after 3 days of purchase

NameSilo
Watch

Ayman Hafez

Established Member
Impact
Epik Removed a domain from my account after 3 days of purchase, do they have the right to dot this?
Transfer a domain from my account to another account without my permission.

Date of purchase: 2022-09-30
and they removed domain: 2022-10-3

They send me the following message:

Dear Ayman,

Hope you're well.

I'm reaching out to you to inform you of the cancellation of your domain purchase of the domain .....com

During the date of purchase, we've undergone technical maintenance of our database, that caused the domain to be relisted after being purchased by another customer with a bid that predated yours. Due to this conflict, we regret to inform you that your purchase had to be cancelled to honor the initial winning bid by first buyer, and with this, we've refunded you in full to your Store Credit balance.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope for your kind understanding. Let us know should you need anything else or have any questions.
Best regards,
Customer Success Manager

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Here we go again Epik.

@Ayman Hafez How did you buy the domain? Which payment method did you use? I hope they are not refunding to your store credit balance to keep you hostage and thus you can't get the money to use elsewhere.

•••
Here we go again Epik.

@Ayman Hafez How did you buy the domain? Which payment method did you use? I hope they are not refunding to your store credit balance to keep you hostage and thus you can't get the money to use elsewhere.
I paid using credit card, the domain is perfectvirtual(.com) buy now at daily-diamonds. Refund for canceled processing: grace-renew to in store credit.

The problem is the domain was in my account and it was transferred to another account without my permission after 3 days of purchase.

•••
@bmugford had the same issue, but the name was transferred almost a month after without his permission and without notification, Epik does not care at all.

Now instead that they give you @Ayman Hafez your money back via a charge back to your credit card/bank they refund to your in store credit balance.

What if Epik is removing more domains from more people just to keep the money to be used within Epik only...

Last edited:
•••
@bmugford had the same issue, but the name was transferred almost a month after without his permission and without notification, Epik does not care at all. Now instead that they give you your money back via a charge back to your credit card/bank they refund to your in store credit balance.

What if Epik is removing more domains from more people just to keep the money to be used within Epik only...

Yes.

It is hard to trust a company where a domain is removed from you account a month later without authorization, notification, or explanation. A refund was only provided when I noticed it missing, almost 2 weeks later.

It is hard to trust a company that locks access to withdrawals for weeks; over a month by October 10th.

It is hard to trust a company that is so unresponsive to their customers.

It is hard to trust a company that suffered a major data breach, that according to experts in the field exposed poor security practices like storing sensitive information in plain text.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes.

It is hard to trust a company where a domain is removed from you account a month later without authorization, notification, or explanation. A refund was only provided when I noticed it missing, almost 2 weeks later.

It is hard to trust a company that locks access to withdrawals for weeks; over a month by October 10th.

It is hard to trust a company that is so unresponsive to their customers.

It is hard to trust a company that suffered a major data breach, that according to experts in the field exposed poor security practices like storing sensitive information in plain text.

Brad
Yes no trust here, how they access the domains and transfer one domain to another account without your permission. I feel like i get hacked.

•••
During the date of purchase, we've undergone technical maintenance of our database, that caused the domain to be relisted after being purchased by another customer with a bid that predated yours.
Well, the statement suugests that Epik has been having ongoing technical issues. Perhaps they really need some serious technical overhaul.
Sorry to hear about the hassle and distress this has created for you. You deserve better customer service.

•••
Well, the statement suugests that Epik has been having ongoing technical issues. Perhaps they really need some serious technical overhaul.
Sorry to hear about the hassle and distress this has created for you. You deserve better customer service.
I asked for full details proof of their claim and they replied:

As discussed, this was due to technical maintenance of our database, that caused the domain to be relisted after being purchased by another customer with a bid that predated yours.

As a technological enterprise and marketplace, these mistakes do happen from time to time. We apologize, and while it's not ideal for you, we must honor the purchase that was made by the first buyer to correct the technical shortcoming which we are responsible for.

•••
•••
Yes no trust here, how they access the domains and transfer one domain to another account without your permission. I feel like i get hacked.
Are you going to stay with them, or move on to a different marketplace?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back