Dynadot

Epik Launches Domain Investor Club

NameSilo
Watch
In an email sent out to certain domainers today (assuming to only those that have over 400 domains at Epik), Epik announced their new Domain Investor Club:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Hello, I'm Brian Royce, CEO of Epik. I'm excited to invite you to join our new Domain Investor Club, which offers a pricing tier that we're currently developing in the BETA phase until March 31st, 2023.

The Investor Club provides the most competitive registration, renewal, and transfer rates for popular TLDs, including .COM, .NET, .ORG, .XYZ, and .CO. Here are the pricing details for each TLD:

TLD Club Register Price Club Renewal Price Club Transfer Price
.com $9.67 $9.67 $9.67
.net $10.69 $10.69 $10.69
.org $10.99 $10.99 $10.99
.xyz $9.69 $9.69 $9.69
.co $22.89 $22.89 $22.89
To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains registered at Epik. Still, for the remainder of this quarter and during this beta phase, I'm reaching out to select customers and domain investors to enroll. Once Investor Club is officially launched, you’ll be automatically enrolled should you meet the necessary portfolio requirements. Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto.

As someone who has a growing interest in domain investment, I'm committed to bringing excellence and adding value to the industry. Your feedback is vital to help us achieve these goals. Please let us know about your experience during this trial so we can continue delivering the best experience for all domain owners. In the future, our Club members will have a dedicated sales team to assist with your Epik leads and ensure your account is managed well.

If you'd like to take advantage of this opportunity, please let us know.

Thank you for being an Epik customer!

Best Wishes,

Brian Royce

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me just say; if Epik is going under;
probably did for offering something ahead of their time.

My favorite epik product was and continues to be Forever domain; enough rent-payer’s mentality; speculating epik returning all forever before price hikes.

Regardless of the financial situation;
i appreciate they went out swinging for fences instead of the status quo & Godaddy monopoly. Is Godaddy still bigger than their next 10 competitors combined, btw? I appreciate like underdogs. Here to whatev future holds. @Rob Monster whoever advice hide.. worst advice ever.

Looks awful to an outside interloper; where r u?
This bs post. You don't use forever domains, why are you still promoting it? And they're not going under for "probably did for offering something ahead of their time." Why lie for somebody lie this?

•••
•••
•••
From what I recall the only thing that Epik did - that somebody could call "ahead of its time" was offering a 10% annual return to a client accepting Masterbucks instead of cash.

That so-called ahead of time was the Biggest red flag of serious liquidly problems I'd ever read

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Epik Domain Investor Club it's sounds like death agony of that monster.

1) there are already existing discounts from top companies to users with long list, portfolios
2) also there are really cool digital investors clubs like Investors Club (more about websites, they have awesome facebook group)

Last edited:
•••
Epik Domain Investor Club it's sounds like death agony of that monster.

1) there are already existing discounts from top companies to users with long list portfolios
2) also there are really cool digital investors clubs like Investors Club (more about websites, they have awesome facebook group)
The whole idea is absurd, especially after Brian Royce attacked domainers and diminished their importance to their business.

There are many registrars with similar pricing that are not run by a noob, are not millions of dollars in debt, and are not screwing customers over.

Brad

•••
I see no mention of Afternic Fast Transfer when I have over 400 domains. 🤣

•••
On the heels of this amazing promotion, I have some more marketing ideas for Epik...

1.) Forget Forever Domains, how about Fornever Domains.

The way they work would be you pay Epik a large upfront fee, to make sure the domain drops later.

2.) 2 for 1 promotion. For every (2) renewals you pay for, Epik promises to actually renew one of them at the registry level.

3.) First year promo. For every new registration, Epik promises to not steal the domain from your account for the first year.

:ROFL:

•••
On the heels of this amazing promotion, I have some more marketing ideas for Epik...

1.) Forget Forever Domains, how about Fornever Domains.

The way they work would be you pay Epik a large upfront fee, to make sure the domain drops later.

2.) 2 for 1 promotion. For every (2) renewals you pay for, Epik promises to actually renew one of them at the registry level.

3.) First year promo. For every new registration, Epik promises to not steal the domain from your account for the first year.

:ROFL:
It's Amazing, Mike!

Amazing-Discoveries.jpg

•••
Available payment methods are Credit Card, Wire, and Crypto.

Epik will not accept Masterbucks. They will only accept payment methods that have value.

The customers are stuck with the worthless Masterbucks.

Brad
I can concur; i used $50 masterbucks and thought i renewed for 5 years. It never updated

i just admired @Rob Monster since posted here. m deserves respect when any exe posts here, Must Reiterate; have not yet talked to Rob; will keep all posted

Last edited:
•••
I can concur; i used $50 masterbucks and thought i renewed for 5 years. It never updated
So, you have the same problem so many others are reporting... that Epik is not applying renewals in a timely manner, if at all. This is not only for Masterbucks transactions.

There have been many other reports of people paying for renewals with other payment methods, Epik not applying them, then at best refunding in "store credit". In that case they are collecting actual money and returning something that is worthless.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
i just admired @Rob Monster since posted here. m deserves respect when any exe posts here, Must Reiterate; have not yet talked to Rob; will keep all posted
Maybe at the time. I mean he was all over when it came to self-promotion.

In retrospect, it doesn't look so good.

Knowing that escrow funds were commingled, there was poor accounting, etc. it makes it seem like his involvement was simply for his own self-interest more than caring about anyone else.

This is proven by the fact that @Rob Monster is nowhere to be seen while the customers have been screwed over. His whole caring about others act was clearly just a shtick to attract suckers business.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
While former employees and customers are furious with Epik and Monster, you remain a loyal companion. There's something sweet about it, but out of compassion I want to protect you from what is to come (and has already happened). Take care, @Samer.

•••
How many do you have?
0. I never had any; but i thought the 2nd price tier extraneous; would’ve took first; they were initially priced at $420 and then $399 if already close to 10 year max; even cheaper at $299 or something. It was a neat concept. Think about it for a second. Owning a domain forever. If it’s a fraud; i would be distraught.

And they promised to refund the money if the company ever went under. I almost bought 1; my financial situation did not allow it; but i will say to my dying breath; enough rent-paying mentality; one day; domains will be perpetual ownership; ICANN can still get 18 cents!
They went out lying and stealing other people's money. This is a new low, even for you.
I‘m an optimist by nature and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. The concept deserves to be applauded; mercy of rising rates to rent domains with no option to outright own. I dont know if Rob set from the start to do this; I hope not; have yet to talk to him;— i will keep you posted. —I just long for the days forever domain can be viable concept; even if non-epik registrar.

Last edited:
•••
0. I never had any; but i thought the 2nd price tier extraneous; would’ve took first; they were initially priced at $420 and then $399 if already close to 10 year max; even cheaper at $299 or something. It was a neat concept. Think about it for a second. Owning a domain forever. If it’s a fraud; i would be distraught.
We have gone over this many times, but all you were paying for was their promise. We know what their promise is worth now.

These were issues brought up by myself and others at the time. Without the registry on board, the concept makes no sense for customers. I mean it makes sense for Epik, as they get a bunch of money upfront for nothing but a promise.

And they promised to refund the money if the company ever went under. I almost bought 1; my financial situation did not allow it; but i will say to my dying breath; enough rent-paying mentality; one day; domains will be perpetual ownership; ICANN can still get 18 cents!
Do you really think a company that can't pay their debts is going to refund any money? No.

Even a "refund" would probably be via Masterbucks which has the same value as nothing.

Here are my comments about this from the past -

"Forever domains" are not a thing without the registry itself on board.

.COM domains can be renewed for a max of (10) years with the registry, where it actually matters.

You are paying $399 for the promise that Epik will pay for the renewal fee in perpetuity, regardless of price.

Obviously this could become unsustainable depending on what happens with pricing over time or Epik as a company long term.

Verisign, the actual .COM registry, is not a part of this agreement. There are no guarantees.

Just know what you are actually paying for.

Last edited:
•••
"To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains registered at Epik."

To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains you don't care about losing.

•••
"To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains registered at Epik."

To enroll in this pricing tier, you must have 400 domains you don't care about losing.
We used to make fun of Godaddy for having this model; it de-valued the little guy; and made people numbers; not to mention; it’s copying Godaddy slightly... Soon, add epik discount club for a convenient monthly fee.

Where’s the innovation?!!

Last edited:
•••
Best of luck and new Adventures Epik

•••
We used to make fun of Godaddy for having this model; it de-valued the little guy; and made people numbers; not to mention; it’s copying Godaddy slightly... Soon, add epik discount club for a convenient monthly fee.

Where’s the innovation?!!

There is no innovation.

People are mocking Epik because they are essentially a failed company, in massive debt, who can't even seem to do the bare minimum of a registrar when it comes to registrations, renewals, and transfers.

Now they are offering a domain discount club. It would be laughable if there were not so many victims owed large sums of money.

Brad

•••
This bs post. You don't use forever domains, why are you still promoting it? And they're not going under for "probably did for offering something ahead of their time." Why lie for somebody lie this?
JB!! I saved the best for last.
I was never paid anything by epik.
I havent even talked to Rob, yet!

Let’s bet domains; tie me to a liedetector; and you can ask me this question, preferably, before I talk to @Rob Monster if im able reach him.

I admire any CEO who posted here;
I admire the concept of forever domain; i was dreaming about before i knew of epik!
Never been happier to be too poor to buy 1

Last edited:
•••
I would say really the only "innovation" brought to the table by Epik was using an internal currency (Masterbucks) to scam customers.

Most of their other innovations were just white label solutions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Samer.
Don't waste the time to defend him. He is a criminal and he is no where to be found now.

Last edited:
•••
Best of luck and new Adventures Epik
It's an adventure for sure. This month's cliffhanger is driving me nuts.

Will Rob compete with Bill in the lucrative domain protection business?

Who will be Epik's new Customer Success Manager?

What will the new Masterbucks ToS look like?

But above all: who knows where Rob is?

•••
Back