Dynadot

Epik have a $0 deposit on Verisign | Impossible to register a domain via Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

youaintme

Established Member
Impact
Just to alert you.

Before a couple of days, I tried to register a domain and epik sent the invoice alone not the domain.

Since it was an expired domain, someone else registered it after 42 minutes. But still no refunds.

This happened three times.

The support team doesn't reply starting from december 4/2022.

Just to let you know stay away or let's discuss if you the same experience in this week.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Things like this have been going on lot longer than a week. Its just getting more frequent. Keep us posted.

•••
Thanks for the info! That explains why two of my domains which should have been autorenewed on December 3rd are still to date not renewed.
Also I tried to register a .NET domain yesterday and I got the error message:
Code:
Error API :: Billing failure
eventhough I still had enough balance.

Seems rather alarming...

•••
Thank God I already moved all my domains out just last week, things were getting worse and I wasn't feeling safe keeping them there.

•••
I just had a December 3 .com registration attempt processed (used up leftover masterbucks) . Took 3 days, but the domain is finally registered and in my account. Will transfer out.

Last edited:
•••
Finally, I managed to register 1 out of 3 domains I ordered since someone else registered the other two within less than a hour 'cuz it took epik 3 days to come back to the game.

What surprised me is they made it my fault:

"This may happen due to a variety of reasons, but the most common one is someone else registering the domain before you."

NO! I've ordered and paid for everything. It's just they couldn't process it on-time so someone else took both somewhere else.

You know, my fault is sticking to epik even after mastersucks scandal. You know, I left epik's marketplace and mastersucks and started using dan.com starting from that point, but I was yet to leave their domain registration platform.

Anyways, the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now.

I've now chosen NameSilo & Dan.

All the best, Epik.

•••
Same here money charged domain not registered.
Whats happened with Epik?it was my fav registrar before

Last edited:
•••
Happened to me month ago I hand registered a domain at Epik and received the invoice without the domain !! I said let me wait them maybe system error or other issue !!

After one hour I checked and still no domain !! Then I went to GoDaddy and I typed the domain and I found it is available then I bought it through GoDaddy . Lol

I contacted Epik to ask refund without to tell them that I bought it through GoDaddy .
They refund the money and they said that the reason is because other person bought the domain before me 😂 😂.

I didn’t want to argue but I really felt sorry to which miserable situation they reach to !!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I tried twice spent another $10 maybe they are lost domain registration license for dotcoms?

•••
Happened to me month ago I hand registered a domain at Epik and received the invoice without the domain !! I said let me wait them maybe system error or other issue !!

After one hour I checked and still no domain !! Then I went to GoDaddy and I typed the domain and I found it is available then I bought it through GoDaddy . Lol

I contacted Epik to ask refund without to tell them that I bought it through GoDaddy .
They refund the money and they said that the reason is because other person bought the domain before me 😂 😂.

I didn’t want to argue but I really felt sorry to which miserable situation they reach to !!

Happened to me in September.

Tried to register a .vc domain. The payment went through, but the domain didn’t come through.

Epik Support told me there was a “temporary issue with the connections/transactions between Epik and the .vc registry.”

After waiting for a couple of hours, I registered the domain elsewhere and requested a refund.

•••
Same here, registered a .gl domain and they failed to register it even after 4 days. They are giving store credits which I don't want and want the refund on original payment source, and I'll not stop becoming a headache for them until they do so.

•••
Back