topdom

Top Member
Impact
The next round of scam?

Epik was working today when registering domains,
but doesn't work at the moment.

They may issue refund eventually, but usually they tend to issue refunds
only when there are lots of angry complaints about it, and even so,
they refund for part of registrations, not all.

Why can't they fix themselves permanently.
They allow an evil person to stay there.

Buyers: don't worry, you can buy aftermarket domains there safely.
(just check that you got the domain, if not (unlikely), do chargeback))
Only sellers need to be worried.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Epik was working today when registering domains,
but doesn't work at the moment.
What kind of domains, hand regs? Then, how are you/were paying for them?

•••
awaiting time-in for DomainEquity valuations take any us10y us20y us30y rob

•••
Handregs, paying from instore for .com. This should have been the least problematic case.

•••
Why use Epik?

There are reputed registrars out there.

•••
Why use Epik?

There are reputed registrars out there.
That's what I'm saying. I see a new EPIK post a week when it should be obvious at this point is to stay away after everything that has transpired.

Can easily register and transfer at so many other registrars.

•••
The issue is using masterbucks which has been discussed ad nauseum. Masterbucks and instore credits are pretty useless at this point.

If you pay using Paypal you do not have these issues. Better to accept MB are currently useless and likely to remain that way. Your funny money is not a priority to them. I am assuming creditors rank higher.

•••
Epik seems to be back to normal now (for now).
Why use Epik. Spending existing masterbucks balance. Also selling might be easier there. For example I get price request at AN, I respond with a reasonable amount, and never hear about it again. At Sedo I get lowball followed by another lowball, and I drop the domain, and it is dropcatched or grabbed and sold for 4 figures. I mean selling at registrar level is usually better.
I may prefer adding prices (with or without fast transfer) at Afternic, but, the main problem as usual, is selling expired and lost, domains. Also not sure how to edit fast transfers. Second problem, I don't know if there are legitimate leads. Also I don't know whether agents would inform me about leads or just wait.
If we can create our own landing pages things would be better, but this is not easy. Dynadot and others should copy one good part of Epik, default landing pages with contact form (btw Epik is abusing contact form for grace expired domains).

Last edited:
•••
Epik seems to be back to normal now (for now).
Why use Epik. Spending existing masterbucks balance. Also selling might be easier there. For example I get price request at AN, I respond with a reasonable amount, and never hear about it again. At Sedo I get lowball followed by another lowball, and I drop the domain, and it is dropcatched or grabbed and sold for 4 figures. I mean selling at registrar level is usually better.
I may prefer adding prices (with or without fast transfer) at Afternic, but, the main problem as usual, is selling expired and lost, domains. Also not sure how to edit fast transfers. Second problem, I don't know if there are legitimate leads. Also I don't know whether agents would inform me about leads or just wait.
If we can create our own landing pages things would be better, but this is not easy. Dynadot and others should copy one good part of Epik, default landing pages with contact form (btw Epik is abusing contact form for grace expired domains).
Wait, so you actually trust EPIK with your money if you sell something there? That doesn't sound wise to me. I mean I have a hard time wanting to trust them with the domains that I'm going to be transferring out anyways, let alone money. I liked them at one point, but there's way too much baggage to trust them with any business transactions.

And why are you dropping domains if you're even receiving offers from them? If they are low-ball offers, just raise the minimum offer?

I mean.....do you, but this just doesn't sound like a fruitful venture to continue supporting them.

•••
Epik works from time to time, and I don't keep too much money there: only 3 or 4 figures. Also I don't move money out. Why drop domains which received offers, ..because offers can be fake (or I'm not careful). Someone offers 200, and I renew, and I can't sell it in the next 10 years. Add some outbound emails, still no progress. Renewing is a risk, not renewing is another risk. This is life: you take a risk, if you don't die you become more powerful, if you don't take any risk, you remain weak. (I'm not suggesting that you should take big risks: don't).

Last edited:
•••
So, have you had a recent success selling domains using their landers or their marketplace directly? Do you think they are still a viable option?
Clearly many on Namepros have profited from sales on the Epik platform, at least in the past. So, do you still think they are worth using, even despite the Masterbucks concerns at the moment?

•••
Epik was always an extraordinary new registrar with excess of features for its price.

•••
Epik was always an extraordinary new registrar with excess of features for its price.
So, do you agree with the original post, that it is still an OK platform for buyers, just that buyers need to beware. Have you had any success with sales with them recently?

•••
I don't know, but their security features are 3 factor authentication, whereas other's are 2 factor at best.

•••
I don't know, but their security features are 3 factor authentication, whereas other's are 2 factor at best.
Security features built on top of shitty Russian code? You talking about the site that got hacked? The company that thought having the same login across their sites was a good idea?

•••
Security features built on top of shitty Russian code? You talking about the site that got hacked? The company that thought having the same login across their sites was a good idea?
What makes you think Russian code is shitty? Any code can be hacked.

•••
•••
What makes you think Russian code is shitty? Any code can be hacked.
Rob Monster talked about Epik's "shitty Russian code" himself, just after the breach.

•••
It doesn't matter whether the code is Russian/European/American.
As long as the code has security flaws it can be hacked.

Just visited SecurityWeek.com to show an example of QUALITY of code which are NOT RUSSIAN, probably!

See the top one in their website at the moment (ref: screenshot)!

Latest Cybersecurity News​

Apple Patches Actively Exploited WebKit Zero-Day Vulnerability​

Apple has released updates for macOS, iOS and Safari and they all include a WebKit patch for a zero-day vulnerability tracked as CVE-2023-23529.

Is it Russian code?!

It's important to see things are they're. The moment we start adding colours, everything can look black/red/blue based on one's own view point. But, the truth would be different. Let's see the real colours all the time.

Current screen shot of SecurityWeek.com !

Attachments

• SecurityWeek-Feb14.jpg
    SecurityWeek-Feb14.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
•••
Bro said let me edit this thread ^^^

But as I said it’s a hard NO

•••
Yes, I sold domains at Epik marketplace in the past , and recently (low 3 to mid 4 figures).
I don't try to withdraw money, so I don't have problem with masterbucks,
unless it becomes impossible to use that balance for registrations, and renewals.
(most of my complaints are about failing to register, renew, get refund)
I also sell at other registrars, and AN/Sedo/Dan.
None is perfect.

•••
Yes, I sold domains at Epik marketplace in the past , and recently (low 3 to mid 4 figures).
I don't try to withdraw money, so I don't have problem with masterbucks,
unless it becomes impossible to use that balance for registrations, and renewals.
(most of my complaints are about failing to register, renew, get refund)
Thanks for clarifying that. So their marketplace is still only for Epik-registered domains?

I'm glad to hear that you are still having success with sales there. Congrats!

•••
I use Epik marketplace only for Epik registered domains (so far).
I can also sell Epik registered domains elsewhere, and original source of the lead has high priority
for fairness, but all related parties (visible and unvisible) are given some chance.

I also sell domains at Dynadot marketplace although I didn't list them there (just registered there).
I don't know how a buyer can make an offer. There is no landing page which allows
people to make offer or contact us, by default.

Last edited:
•••
I use Epik marketplace only for Epik registered domains (so far).
Have they been good about having real offers, that follow through promptly with payments? And is the time from sale to payouts fairly good?
Epik may appear to be failing in some arenas, but if they are still doing well with creating sales and processing the funds, that's useful to know.

•••
Have they been good about having real offers, that follow through promptly with payments? And is the time from sale to payouts fairly good?
Payments happen immediately, but go to our masterbucks balance ( not to our bank account).
You can't sell only at Epik and still make profit, because part of money needs to be out of their system.
Any landing page with contact info may work. Once you start negotiation you can make a deal and sell anywhere,
but I prefer selling at registrar level most of the time, because transfers happen instantly, no email exchanges and waiting, and worrying.
Most messages at Epik are unintended spam. Most inquiries don't lead to a sale, but you can do followup.
Most followups may not work either.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back