Dynadot

Epik.com - Let's do the point (An advice to all victims)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

The world already know about our story at Epik, we had 4 accounts there (at Masterbucks) and they stole us a total of roughly US$1.5M (Ref. Domainnamewire.com) but I'm now bringing to your attention some new facts.

I think they're desperate now and nothing will save them from bankruptcy though Rob Monster had apparently converted several million dollars to cryptos and hidden such funds during the fake 'Maintenance stage' of Masterbucks started at the end of September.
Nobody was able to login so he gained time to steal everything and as Brian Royce admitted, we can now see our balance but it's just a virtual number considering there're no moe funds in the company account.

Now the situation is degrading and we're in presenc of serious criminal abuses here !

I heard some noises regarding premium domains stolen from the legitimate registrant accounts but I didn't believe that to be honestly ... till few days ago when something similar happened to us.

We had still two domains in escrow with them with a scheduled payment plan (buyers were paying under monthly installments).
Last October we asked our buyers to stop submitting payments and simultaneously in November asked to Tony Blessed (Epik project manager) to release both domains to the buyer accounts (at our own risk) and to consider both transactions successfully closed.
It's important clarifying Epik deducted its full escrow fee with the first payment.

Well, in a first moment they ignored our request and fraudolently charged one of our buyers for his monthly installment though he had previously asked to stop his monthly charges.
He asked for a chargeback (and it's important clarifying Epik is stealing all incoming payments so nothing has been withdrawn from us).
At this point Tony Blessed said to have received the order NOT to allow this domain to get transferred.
Yesterday we discovered they've posted it for sale in their marketplace. Wow, this's the top of their abuses, they're starting to sell their customer assets to recover a bit the company situation but such things won't lead for sure to a positive ends for these scammers !

That's not all ! What about the second domain in escrow ? The other buyer stopped paying for it as per our request but Epik refused to release the domain to him. Why ? Tony said he has no more access to the domain ...
what nonsense stories ! Every day a different version of facts ...

Ok, let's work all together to stop them once for all in the interest of the whole industry that they're seriously affecting and heavily damaging.

1. Let's start by reporting all domain abuses to Icann so they'll soon loose their accreditation:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/complaints-2013-03-22-en
We've already submitted a complaint of course.

2. For all Dot Com related issues, drop a further email to Verisign : abuse (at) verisign.com
Already done our part :)

3. Send a complaint to the competent entity for any other TLD for whom they're preventing you a transfer, a renewal or your freedom to manage them by seriously violating your rights.

4. Why not starting to contact their hosting providers to let them know how these scammers are taking advantage of the assigned IPs ? I know perfectly they're using their own servers but someone is allowing them to use the associated IPs and in presence of these criminal acts, there's no reason to refuse stopping them with immediate effect.

We should basically find any possible way to stop all their activities as quickly as possible because there're every days new innocent victims affected by their activities !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally someone with their head screwed on right. Focus and direction.
No trust pilot reviews daily?
I only have one name registered at epik.
Thats only because Brent O. remember him? News story of 2021. Oh wait that was epik hack, anyways Create.com is a reseller for Epik and I signed up for hosting and moved a name to Create.com
Then I see registrar as Epik
Its out of there today. If anyone knows Brent sir, let him know he may tarnish his reputation by doing business with this dishonest scum Rob Monster and Epik.com

•••
WOW, I forgot something of 'fun' (let's say so just to laugh a bit).

SCAM OVER SCAM - EXTERNAL SCAMMERS ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION.

Three days ago I've been pleasantly surprised (just for few seconds) when I got the email copied below but I've immediately realized it was coming from another scammer ... And I had no time to double check with him to learn about his strategy to try scamming us again :-D

Subject: Luigi I got your funds here epik

I got your funds here, we got your funds there in an intermediate escrow. Epik going through cases we can't speak of now this time. How much you say we at "epik" owe you your company in btc?

Obviously Brian speaks a better and more fluent English than this scammer but we really need to be careful (in general) and to check the sender email address before replying to suspicious messages.

I guess he'll have tried to get our account credentials who knows ... Or maybe to get some money to unlock our funds (something like the classic so called Nigerian scam).

It's quite sad seeing how many scammers are starting to populare the web nowadays ...

•••
I smell something is not right when Rob spammed the forum years ago. This is not an attitude from an CEO not counting they let the hackers exposed ton of customer's data.
The things that I still don't understand is some people are still trying to register names with them.
The CEO should be in jail and the company should be closed to prevent further damages to the clients.

•••
I’m sorry for you Luigi, But I can’t help but feel everyone knows Epik is a controversial company, they are in the news/have most popular threads on NamePros several times a year for things like failing to protect users data/racism/extremism and other controversial things (such as this), mainstream companies like GoDaddy/PayPal refuse to do business with them, everyone knows they are controversial yet people still do business with them, why? Because their services are a little cheaper?

As with everything in life you get what you pay for, me personally I would rather pay that little bit more and deal with company such as Escrow dot com or pay a little extra renewal fees with more trust worthy registrar because I can sleep better at night knowing my assets are safe. I know my reply is not helpful to you, but I just felt I had to ask as I just don’t understand why people deal with them.

•••
EpikSucks.com is taken but
EpikSuck.com and
EpikScam.com are available

•••
Oh man, domaining can be a ruthless & relentless business.

(relentless.com taken by amazon)

•••
I'm glad I stopped using Epik after Paypal banned them!

•••
Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate you coming forward, starting with the review on Trust Pilot.

Epik is still offering these "escrow" services when they know they are unable to pay existing customer debts.

I don't want to see anymore victims suckered into this scheme as well.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

The world already know about our story at Epik, we had 4 accounts there (at Masterbucks) and they stole us a total of roughly US$1.5M (Ref. Domainnamewire.com) but I'm now bringing to your attention some new facts.

I think they're desperate now and nothing will save them from bankruptcy though Rob Monster had apparently converted several million dollars to cryptos and hidden such funds during the fake 'Maintenance stage' of Masterbucks started at the end of September.
Nobody was able to login so he gained time to steal everything and as Brian Royce admitted, we can now see our balance but it's just a virtual number considering there're no moe funds in the company account.

Now the situation is degrading and we're in presenc of serious criminal abuses here !

I heard some noises regarding premium domains stolen from the legitimate registrant accounts but I didn't believe that to be honestly ... till few days ago when something similar happened to us.

We had still two domains in escrow with them with a scheduled payment plan (buyers were paying under monthly installments).
Last October we asked our buyers to stop submitting payments and simultaneously in November asked to Tony Blessed (Epik project manager) to release both domains to the buyer accounts (at our own risk) and to consider both transactions successfully closed.
It's important clarifying Epik deducted its full escrow fee with the first payment.

Well, in a first moment they ignored our request and fraudolently charged one of our buyers for his monthly installment though he had previously asked to stop his monthly charges.
He asked for a chargeback (and it's important clarifying Epik is stealing all incoming payments so nothing has been withdrawn from us).
At this point Tony Blessed said to have received the order NOT to allow this domain to get transferred.
Yesterday we discovered they've posted it for sale in their marketplace. Wow, this's the top of their abuses, they're starting to sell their customer assets to recover a bit the company situation but such things won't lead for sure to a positive ends for these scammers !

That's not all ! What about the second domain in escrow ? The other buyer stopped paying for it as per our request but Epik refused to release the domain to him. Why ? Tony said he has no more access to the domain ...

Ok, let's work all together to stop them once for all in the interest of the whole industry that they're seriously affecting and heavily damaging.

1. Let's start by reporting all domain abuses to Icann so they'll soon loose their accreditation:

2. For all Dot Com related issues, drop a further email to Verisign : abuse (at) verisign.com

3. Send a complaint to the competent entity for any other TLD for whom they're preventing you a transfer, a renewal or your freedom to manage them by seriously violating your rights.

4. Why not starting to contact their hosting providers to let them know how these scammers are taking advantage of the assigned IPs ? I know perfectly they're using their own servers but someone is allowing them to use the associated IPs and in presence of these criminal acts, there's no reason to refuse stopping them with immediate effect.

We should basically find any possible way to stop all their activities as quickly as possible because there're every days new innocent victims affected by their activities !

Sounds like Epik is a crime scene.

•••
I wouldn't expect Brian Royce to do much to help.

1671310000529-png.228846

Last edited:
•••

1671310000529-png.228846
Brian is a genius, he found a way to increase the very tiny margins in domains and average margins in escrow to 100%! Of course, stealing all your customers money is probably not a great long term business strategy but, as they say, there's a sucker born every day.

•••
I suggest any victims file a complaint at ic3.gov, the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

•••
Last edited:
•••
"I think they're desperate now and nothing will save them from bankruptcy though Rob Monster had apparently converted several million dollars to cryptos and hidden such funds during the fake 'Maintenance stage' of Masterbucks started at the end of September."
One wonders if some or all of that crypto wound up deposited on FTX, a month or so before it's implosion, and may be the reason it's no longer available. Purely speculating here, but could explain a lot. What is your source to know he converted several million to crypto, btw? Just curious.

•••
•••

1671310000529-png.228846
Says the man (Brian) who does not even have any insight into the company's own cash flows, debts or reserves. In addition, domainers bring in the much needed escrow funds, which Epik currently seems to survive on.

Last edited:
•••
Most businesses actually want to stay online and not worry about getting deplatformed!

Yeah, I needed some repairs for some sports gear and went online looking for a place that does that sort of work. I found a couple and called around to ask whether they could replace some velcro on the cuffs of one of the heavier jackets I use for winter cycling, and the answers were surprisingly uniform. They were all said they spend so much time worrying about being deplatformed that they hardly have time for, you know, running a fairly mundane legitimate business.

I did find one of them, though. And as soon as I can go outside without having to worry, like most people, about whether I might be identified and arrested for participating in a violent effort to nullify an election, I might just go and get my jacket fixed.

You know... normal stuff that ordinary people worry about.

But, Royce has made it clear whom they want as customers, and the answer is "Not you."

I suggest domainers take the hint.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I needed some repairs for some sports gear and went online looking for a place that does that sort of work. I found a couple and called around to ask whether they could replace some velcro on the cuffs of one of the heavier jackets I use for winter cycling, and the answers were surprisingly uniform. They were all said they spend so much time worrying about being deplatformed that they hardly have time for, you know, running a fairly mundane legitimate business.

I did find one of them, though. And as soon as I can go outside without having to worry, like most people, about whether I might be identified and arrested for participating in a violent effort to nullify an election, I might just go and get my jacket fixed.

You know... normal stuff that ordinary people worry about.

But, Royce has made it clear whom they want as customers, and the answer is "Not you."

I suggest domainers take the hint.
Ugh, this Christian and "free speech" affinity grift is just so despicable. Jesse Smolletts of free speech. Embarrassing that so-called conservatives can't built solid and professional products and services and instead have to rely on such disgraceful and pitiful tactics.

There is in fact a lot of terrible censorship and outright persecution against conservatives and Christians but much of it, especially lately, is just pure victim grift and only hurts those who are really being persecuted. Monster not only stole much needed support away from real solutions but he made a mockery of real persecution and actually hurt the people he claimed to be wanting to help.

It's hard, even for me, to tell the difference between an intentional subversion op and just sleazy grifters so I basically just treat them the same.

•••
Well, that domainers are not their core customer is something we've observed... and in my opinion is a mistake.
It was when such shift occurred that they started having problems. I rather have domainers that give little profit per domain but have thousands upon thousands, than a single troublemaker client that gives public visibility (negative) and barely any income. For years I had no complaints, just great service, but life goes on.

•••
Well, that domainers are not their core customer is something we've observed... and in my opinion is a mistake.
It was when such shift occurred that they started having problems. I rather have domainers that give little profit per domain but have thousands upon thousands, than a single troublemaker client that gives public visibility (negative) and barely any income. For years I had no complaints, just great service, but life goes on.

As far as the domainer base being the least profitable, I think it is partially true. For instance, if you own 5,000 domains they might be barely making anything on the renewals.

However, related revenue is much higher. Those 5,000 domains are generating sales commissions.

It also provides a steady stream of expired domains they can sell.

The companies that don't realize that domain investors feed the ecosystem are extremely short-sighted, and ignore them at their own peril.

With GoDaddy's recent moves from can see they understand that domain investors are a core part of their business model. All those Afternic and Dan sales commissions add up.

Brad

•••
Hi all,

Attachments

• BLURR.jpg
    BLURR.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 213
•••
Somebody anonymous send me this picture ,and told me that Rob wished everybody a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year and also said not to worry because he [Rob] prays for you ,and his enemies every day !

•••
When was this taken and who is he with?

•••
When was this taken and who is he with?
5 years ago with wife/daughter, Amalfi Coast. Pic is public on her Instagram. I imagine he’s enjoying retirement with the help of a lot of people here

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back