IT.COM

alert Epik.com 2FA is down. Can anyone log in?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can anyone log in to Epik?

I have 2FA enabled and since the weekend no longer receive SMS with the login code. Used to come almost instantaneously. In my years with Epik, this is the first time ever unable to access my domains.

This is scary given the current business climate at Epik. I hope 2FA is not "down for maintenance".

Epik Support Chat:
We are sorry. There is currently an on going issue with the OTP. We have already reported this to our Tech Team and they are looking in to the issue. This should be resolved shortly

They said they could disable the 2FA if I can provide my support password (which was changed by them after the hack). The problem is I don't have it memorized and can't log in to see it without receiving 2FA.

Maybe it's time to disable 2FA if we can ever get back in.

I have a lot of names to work on and get the feeling that time is of the essence. Can't afford to be locked out now!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At this point, anyone who can afford to move ALL their names away from Epik should be doing exactly that. I honestly can't believe domainers still have names there after more than a year of shit hitting the fan.

•••
Due to known financial issues Epik has, it may well be that they did not fund an account with their SMS gateway. Sending business-to-consumer SMS is not free. Cheap, but not free.
Switching to authenticator APP may be a solution. Successful login is required to change 2nd factor though...

•••
Whats this OTP or TOTP-code ?
OTP is usually sent via SMS but TOTP is time based one-time password and this doesn't even need a network. It works even if your phone has no network.

•••
I have same issue, no longer receive SMS, and can't login to epik. Already sending some document, but still no update.

any suggestion please? need to renew, or transfer out, domains at epik

•••
At this time, I was able to login using TOTP code.

•••
1671452780776.png

It's sounds like a motto:
ALL names away from Epik

Last edited:
•••
With regards to the recent Epik threads, they are certainly not an epic company who uses the name Epik xD

•••
I'm having similar issues. I can't receive otp code to my number and support is asking of pin. Like how am I suppose to provide pin if I can't login.

Now they're asking for documents to prove I own the account.

Just sounds silly. To my.

After this, Def moving all my domains away from Epik.

•••
I can still login, but I haven't 2 FA activated.

But other problems occur.
Already for 7 days they seem not to be able to renew .Co-domains. You can pay, but nothing changes (there's not a year added). They say it' a problem with the .co-registry and their engineers are busy resolving the problem. And if you renew a .co-domain they say that if you do that at the last minute that it is still in grace period, even if domain goes in redeemperiod (not redemptionperiod), they will when "the problem is resolved" put everything in order and renew your domains (renewals that you payed for during grace renewal period - so in time- ; without you to have to pay redeem fee).
When you phone or chat, they say : our engineers are busy, but when they said that this problem is already 6 days busy (and now already 7 or 8 days), I sincerely got wurried.

Last edited:
•••
At this time, I was able to login using TOTP code
I should have known it would work again once I posted... sorry!

Just got in too

Food for thought though

•••
Last edited:
•••
I can still login, but I haven't 2 FA activated.

I have 2fa enabled but doesn't send login code to me so I can't login.

Initially I didn't have 2fa but after the data breach, they mandated it when I wanted to transfer out.
Now I can't login anymore.
Sucks balls fr and support is unhelpful.

I'm sorry about your experience with Epik. There are some many things going on with them lately, from holding people's funds down to management decisions.
Maybe it's time to move away from Epik, seems their time is coming to an end.

Last edited:
•••
Not being able to login is a pretty big deal.

It is too bad no one from Epik is around to address these, and other, concerns.

Brad

•••
How is this gping now : I don't want to risk to enavbleing 2FA ID, if I 'm not sure that I can still reach my domainnames, if I do so.
HOW IS THE SITUATION NOW ?

I can't be sure on who's end the problem is on. Maybe it's the cell phone company? I restarted my phone and all the missing SMS arrived all at once. I'm not having issues with any other texts arriving from any other companies though. I have no idea what could be happening on the back end and who's at fault but restarting the phone seems to help.

Last edited:
•••
How is this gping now : I don't want to risk to enavbleing 2FA ID, if I 'm not sure that I can still reach my domainnames, if I do so.
HOW IS THE SITUATION NOW ?

•••

Last edited:
•••
Back