IT.COM

eNom.com

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very good

With a reseller account enom is unbeatable!
Great interface. Great customer service. Great prices!

I ahd one problem a while back and was able to resolve it in a matter of minutes over the phone and then got a call back to make sure it was all set.

•••
Horrible

I have used Enom in an out for a long time and I have to say I truly hate them. First of all they allowed three of my domains to drop eventhough they were paid up. Then when I try them a few years later you have to pay outrageous registration fees or become a reseller, no thanks.

•••
Review

Have been 100% perfect when it comes to customer service. They are a model for other registrars.

•••
Still the best, after all these years.

5 years later, and eNom continues to be my favorite overall registrar. The only thing preventing a perfect '10' rating is the $100 minimum refill.

•••
•••
Unethical Registrar

eNom is an unethical registrar.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/273370-enom-crooks.html

•••
eNom are useless

Hello all,
About a month ago I moved hosts with my busiest website, hence I attempted to change my domain's DNS to the new host's servers.

This should have been easy... however, for some reason, when trying to change the DNS, eNom blocked this change, and instead deleted the current DNS so they were left blank. And then they prevented any future DNS changes. Which obviously meant my domain (and so website) was pointing to nothing...

Which was great fun :rolleyes: A support ticket was taken out with eNom, although they never replied to it (as far as I know, not even to this day). After looking around a bit on various forums at the time, I noticed their support times sucked in general, hence I initiated a domain transfer to another registrar (which took 5-6 days, although at least then I could set the DNS for the domain...)

My site's obviously back up now, although I was really annoyed at how eNom somehow managed to delete my domain's DNS, and then block further changes to the DNS, and then they couldn't even be bothered to reply to the support ticket taken out with them, or the two e-mails I sent them.

I eventually registered with the eNom support centre (or something like that?), after having moved the domain (thankfully) away from them. I registered a ticket with the support centre, and I received a reply in about 10 day's time, which was all "We're sorry to have let you down. We hope you'll consider us in the future" (etc).

I find it shocking that a big domain registrar like eNom can treat people like this, and also how they have such bad support times?

Anywhoo this is my story, I've tried to say the facts as best as possible (and not swear/show my true thoughts about eNom :P).

Hopefully this may prove helpful to some.

•••
•••
Review

They compete with their own Club Drop "customers". (Ought to be a law.)
They also made a mistake such that some domains won with Club drop don't get handed off right and couldn't be accessed, and one was lost. Expensive compared to some other reseller plans. And support guy couldn't answer questions about reseller pricing. One *very* good thing is the way you can set up domain control for a customer via access.enom.

•••
Terrible

I would give them a 0 if i could. I have my domains set to "Automatic Billing", which is supposed to be a last resort in billing. However, I was charged 30 Days before expiration at a ridiculous rate or $29.95. When I contacted Enom they told me tough luck. They are willing to lose a customer for a single $29.95 charge. That tells you enough about their business right there.

•••
I believe $29.95 is the standard rate unless you have a reseller account

•••
bmugford said:
I would give them a 0 if i could...
eNom's bread and butter is resellers. Why not get an 8.88 reseller account from NamePros and push your domains? (And turn auto-renew off.)

•••
Yeah, that was the plan. However, billing 30 Days ahead of time for "Auto Billing" is ridiculous in the first place. It is just a cash grab.

•••
bmugford said:
...billing 30 Days ahead of time for "Auto Billing" is ridiculous...
I don't disagree but auto-renew also has its non-evil twin. You want it ON for domains you can't afford to lose. I burned myself the same way you did with domains I wanted to drop, which is how I learned not to auto-renew the majority of names. But I have a couple I won't ever drop (until I do) so auto-renew helps light fire under my feet. Best practice for valuable domains is to register/renew for several years.

In a month-old NP thread I read today that expired domains can be pushed to another eNom account that has funds to cover the renewal. I learned something new today... if it's true.

•••
Probably the worst registrar on the Planet

Beware. Ever since Demand Media bought this company it has gone steadily downhill. Enom will go down in infamy as the only registrar to raise the domain renewal of thousands of domains from $500 to $4500 in one stroke. Steer clear!

•••
It seems I've had to push them to get anything done, related to customer support.

I will consolidate my domains away from enom as much as possible.

•••
Enom is illegal

Here is a copy/paste of an email exchange I just had with their legal department:

Dear slimy legal person,

I didn't report wordpress.com as being the domain in question. Here is the actual Whois information for the actual domain that I reported to you:
WHOIS information for healingmeditationsdownloads.com :
[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[whois.verisign-grs.com]

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to InterNIC | The Internet's Network Information Center
for detailed information.

Domain Name: HEALINGMEDITATIONSDOWNLOADS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: eNom - domain name, internet services, dns hosting
Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Name Server: DNS3.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Updated Date: 31-mar-2010
Creation Date: 31-mar-2010
Expiration Date: 31-mar-2011

<<

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: illegal use of my name and posts by YOUR company
Date: Wed, August 18, 2010 3:17 pm
To: "'[email protected]'"
<[email protected]>, Legal-BLV <[email protected]>

Hello,

The domain wordpress.com is not registered with eNom:

Domain Name: WORDPRESS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy
Name Server: NS1.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS2.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS3.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS4.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS5.WORDPRESS.COM
Name Server: NS6.WORDPRESS.COM
Updated Date: 27-dec-2009
Creation Date: 03-mar-2000
Expiration Date: 03-mar-2015

You will need to contact Godaddy directly for assistance.

Regards,

Legal Department
eNom / Bulk Register

Demand Media
Demand Media | Publishing What the World Wants to Know & Share
15801 NE 24th Street
Bellevue,WA 98008

email [email protected]
fax 1-425-974-4795

Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:04 PM
To: Legal-BLV
Subject: illegal use of my name and posts by YOUR company

I'm currently furious about something I just found.

This domain https://healingmeditationsdownloads.wordpress.com/ is owned by your company according to Whois. Why would your company think it's OK to start a blog using MY admin name, raquiellet, with posts that all point to MY work, using a blog name similar to a blog that I used to have. I think I would be a little less pissed off if I found out that the domain owner was just some guy in Asia who stupidly thought he could gain something this way.

No...it's a company! Shame!

Google, Yahoo and any review sites mentioning your company are about to get an earful.

Rachael Towne

Enough said...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back