Dynadot

Ename Transfers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello is there anyone from ename that can offer assistance with domain transfers to ename

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can,if not from godaddy.

•••
Hello, I just started a transfer to eName and I'm being asked to provide ID scans. Is this legal?

I am the former owner, the future owner is a member here at NamePros.

The argument is that contacts are not the same but being an ownership transfer that’s the usual way of doing things.

For reference, I leave here a extract of the email:

As per checking, the losing registrant at the time of transfer does not match the gaining registrant . So we are here to notify you to provide relevant documents to [email protected] for us to verify the transfer using the registrant email address in the whois data at the time of transfer.

You can verify via any of the below methods:

1.provide the scan copy of ID or passport of the domain: ####.com registrant in the whois data prior to the transfer

2: If the domain name is transacted via a third party platform, then please provide detailed transaction records .( Such as screen shot information: it needs to include transaction platform URL, transaction time, domain, two transaction parties’ names, email addresses and other information, transaction price and other information which is irrelevant to the verification, you can block it out. )

Please note that there is no guarantee a verification pass for method 2. It depends on the completeness and validity of the information you provide. We suggest you use take nethod 1 to submit verification.

During the period, the domain is not allowed to release transaction , but it won’t affect the normal use and management over the domain, please understand.

Thank you for your attention and support for eName!

As you might be aware, this is very uncommon – I have made several domain transfers and this is the first time I’m asked for this type of info – not to mention that I use an alias in my current registrar and this alias has no ID or Passport (the registrar has my real name, but the contact I use is an alias, only the address and contact info is the same)

•••
•••
Likely this is due to the increased security since the ICANN Dec 1 ownership nonsense

IF the buyer is kind and a fellow domainer, you could ask if they could accept a push to their nameCheap account instead of transfer, then you discount the cost instead of doing the transfer first.

Personally, I prefer to do internal push at the same registrar instead of transfer among registrars since then it is only one company involved if anything goes wonky.

•••
I suggested that solution, internal push followed by a same-owner transfer (Same name/address/contacts – no problem).

But this email came after the usual two transfer emails – one from eName, through which I accepted the transfer, and another from Namecheap to let the domain go.

Domain is in limbo now – I’m not sure we can/should do anything that might endanger the transfer.

•••
I replied to the address in the email with some questions, and mentioned this forum thread.

•••
Well the transfer will not proceed if you do not provide the documents, correct? And in theory any transfer will time-out fail after 5 days anyway, especially if you haven't approved the change of owner emails. My guess is that is where the process is now, with the asking for ID emails from eName. And forgive me if I am misunderstanding, the change of owner makes it so annoyingly confusing sometimes.

Golly, if the buyer is agreeable, I would contact NameCheap AND eName support asap and see if they can simply stop the transfer without having to wait for anything to time out and then just do a simple push at NameCheap and offer to cover the transfer cost to save you the hassle. There is a provision by ICANN to reverse a transfer if both gaining and losing registrars agree, yet I don't think you are at that point yet, that is for completed transfers.

More likely the action to refuse transfer is in eNames control, moreso than NameCheap at this point, so I would start with them. And of course if your buyer is patient and OK with this so it will not risk you losing the sale.

My guess would be that the whois is still showing control by NameCheap?

•••
I've been using Photoshop to reduce the quality of my ID scan so that no one can use it and I'm wondering how cumbersome this process is - how reluctant am I in submitting this personal data... it makes no sense.

•••
I’m seriously considering excluding eName (or any other registrar that follows this cumbersome procedure) in future auctions.

Also, I’m not talking about high value domains here – I’m in the very low value spectre :xf.wink:

I would totally understand this kind of procedures in high value domains - not the case here - no one would bother stealing these :xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
I use a registrar that wanted an ID scan to delete a domain at my request. Just to make sure that it really was me requesting. I thought it was strange also since I was logged into my account, was chatting with representative, answered all security questions but they would not honor my request without the ID scan. Reason for deletion was a TM issue that I overlooked at registration. So it is not unheard of but not required by the better registrars (ie GoDaddy, DynaDot, NameSilo) that I am famaliar with.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back