IT.COM

Emirates (airline) and .email gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I' ve just noticed Emirates send their online check-in information email from
[email protected].
I checked the whois because I didn't believe it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Incredible indeed. Nice find.

•••
but why they doing that? actually its looking like a spam! whats wrong with email @ emirates.com?

•••
gTLD .email is nice for emails but only for emails. it's not bad...

•••
but why they doing that? actually its looking like a spam! whats wrong with email @ emirates.com?
In general policies in UAE (Dubai, Abu dhabi...) are futuristic...

•••

lol...i do not think that UAE policies reached such level of details and futurism)

•••
•••
When you think of - it it's so logical and practical:
  • you want to visit Emirates website: go to emirates.com or .ae or .whatever ccTLD
  • you want to send E-mail to Emirates: emirates.email
  • you are using a mobile device: emirates.mobi
  • you want to fetch their contact details: emirates.tel
  • you want to apply for a job at Emirates: go to emirates.jobs (oops error 500)
  • emirates.aero ? Oh well just another redirect
  • Hopefully the service range will soon be complemented with .ftp .telnet .ssh .irc
  • and maybe .firefox .iphone too

•••
lol...i do not think that UAE policies reached such level of details and futurism)
I think you do not know the country well...Lol. Yes, it is a dictatorship, but they want to be futuristic.It is not my theory, only facts. if you do not believe me go take a trip to dubai (or Abu Dhabi) as I did.

Last edited:
•••
I think you do not know the country well...Lol. Yes, it is a dictatorship, but they want to be futuristic.It is not my theory, only facts. if you do not believe me go take a trip to dubai (or Abu Dhabi) as I did.

ok , so I will buy few .email for uae brands:)

•••
I' ve just noticed Emirates send their online check-in information email from
[email protected].
I checked the whois because I didn't believe it.

Emirates certainly know what they're doing.
Remember, Emirates is currently the World's Best Airline.https://www.emirates.com/media-cent...airline-at-skytrax-world-airline-awards-2016#

They always go with the tide. Always amenable for changes and whatever they think suit them best and to the public. I think they saw it as a trend and so they just go with it.

•••
•••
•••
I can also send them nice .email domain if they wish :)

•••
  • you want to visit Emirates website: go to emirates.com or .ae or .whatever ccTLD

Emirates.email does not help because you still guess the sting before "@emirates.email"

and emirates.email website is not resolving

I guess there should be another reason maybe related to security or something!!

•••
When you think of - it it's so logical and practical:
  • you are using a mobile device: emirates.mobi
  • you want to fetch their contact details: emirates.tel
  • you want to apply for a job at Emirates: go to emirates.jobs (oops error 500)
  • emirates.aero ? Oh well just another redirect
  • Hopefully the service range will soon be complemented with .ftp .telnet .ssh .irc
  • and maybe .firefox .iphone too

I found them using emirates.travel in one of the vacation promotianal emails I recived from them!

And they are using emirates.store and its full website!!!

Obviously as you said its their strategy, but not every company is doing that!

•••
Most domianers usually think that the whole world thinks as they do. For example hypanizing a domain makes it to look ugly. Or a.notcom shows cheapness. Or .email means spam. But for real end users some extentions have real value because of their extra usability. Most digitally uneducated or even normal people will more easily recognise that [email protected] is an email adress than [email protected].
Yes, it is true, not everyone lives in the Statues or speak English. Maybe domainers must have discussions with non domainers often to realize that not everyone things like them.
Also developers can use any gTLD if the extentions matches with the content of their site.
Do this test: Speak with common people and inform them how much on average cost a NNN.com, LL.com or one word .com domain. If they believe you they will ask why. Try to reason why. You will be surprised of how difficult -really,impossible- it is to support the current prices with any business logic. Also try this with an economist who just don't know the current prices of domain names. Try to convince him that they really worry that much or more. I am sure that you will be surprised again of how irrational you sound even to yourself.You can also try to explain why "-" in a domain name kills its value to someone from German. If he counters that it increases readability what will you replay to him?
Big corporations use feedback mechanisms to find which domain names look easier to understand for their clients. I am sure that Emirate managers did their homework and considered many factors before taking this decision.

P.S. This post does not attack to any member or group of this forum.

•••
Back