Dynadot

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords β€˜Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did they close with....

"best regards"

:)

•••
Hi Kate,
Andres indeed contacted you as he came across your portfolio domains and thought you'd be interested to learn more about Undeveloped ...

That's odd considering I've yet to hear back when I contacted you months ago about domains I wanted to list on your platform. Maybe take some of the outbound-spam budget and re-prioritize it towards inbound channels?

did they close with....

"best regards"

"Regards" is always a blinking alert that I'm dealing with a non-native speaker, and I adjust my expectations accordingly.

•••
Eric Murin<[email protected]>

Hello, Jacob G******.
proper-ty.com is coming available shortly
It only takes a moment to make an offer on the Domain. By having the highest offer, we will go after the Domain name exclusively for you. If there are higher offers, you will be informed of the opportunity to raise your offer.
Follow the link below and make offer
http://tabria.com/71635664kumeta-PEW

Best Regards,
Sales Domain Support
61 Reservation Rd,
Reno, NV 89502-1583
zeroherosoftware.com71635664kumeta

Follow the link below to Unsubscribe
http://tabria.com/u/71635664kumeta-PEW

•••
I get those all the time I now have a template reply thanking them for their interest in my domain. It is currently for sale and they can offer me this much to have a far superior name to the one they have. Funny they never reply back!

•••
"Regards" is always a blinking alert that I'm dealing with a non-native speaker, and I adjust my expectations accordingly.
Absolutely not true, "Regards" is standard business reply in the UK for example, where English was actually invented.

•••
did they close with....

"best regards"

Since I'm not a native english speaker, what is the most appropriate term to use instead of 'best regards'?

Thanks.

•••
"best gards," is an epic scammer signature (old-time DNFers will understand).

•••
I'd be interested, too, to know what you guys suggest to use instead of regards/best regards because those sound pretty standard to me. "Sincerely" sounds like something in an old hand-written letter... And "Best" a bit informal (though I use it a lot).

English is not my mother tongue...

•••
Asking these questions in this thread makes me think you're spammers looking to sound less spammy. That's just my perception of it.

•••
every once in a great while, one of these emails will tip you off to a decent name.

I have bulkammo.deals, and so I received one of these emails offering to sell me bulkammo.net, so I figured it was probably dropping soon. It turns out the name had just dropped and was available, so I picked it up. Thanks for the tip, spammer!

•••
Asking these questions in this thread makes me think you're spammers looking to sound less spammy. That's just my perception of it.

kinda felt that too

it's like seeking a way to legitimize, with a proper closing.

but you have to keep in mind, that it's the receipt of the email and content that's annoying, while the closing just tops it off.

imo....

•••
I got an email the other day offer to sell me a domain with dashes in it since I own the same domain with no dashes. lol

I think they need to learn domaining 101, sell the customer a BETTER domain name not a worse.

•••
I got an email the other day offer to sell me a domain with dashes in it since I own the same domain with no dashes. lol

I think they need to learn domaining 101, sell the customer a BETTER domain name not a worse.

hah, that's typical

i got one today

guy trying to sell me the .net version of blingmedia.com for $500

dude says that if i buy his name, then i can get more from buyers by offering the pair.

so.... i reply

"if that's the case, then you can buy the .com from me and put yourself in the same position".

imo.....

•••

Do not answer, let the hyphen drop, pick it up for 8$, now you have both versions. Will not harm your negotiating position if you have both variants, if the name is good.

•••
He likely meant something like trad-er.com

Common among idiots to try selling.

Do not answer, let the hyphen drop, pick it up for 8$, now you have both versions. Will not harm your negotiating position if you have both variants, if the name is good.

•••
the funniest part is, this tactic must work at least some of the time, why else would they continue to do it?

•••
Absolutely not true, "Regards" is standard business reply in the UK for example, where English was actually invented.

This.

(btw, I just love how Britains say 'absolutely' in every sentence :D)

Last edited:
•••
the funniest part is, this tactic must work at least some of the time, why else would they continue to do it?

there are several threads here on np, detailing how to send spam solicitations to unsuspecting recipients.

not to mention the various blog articles and video's that showcase the process

so, the majority of it is "monkey-see, monkey-do" mentality.

and the minority who succeed, will often have higher quality domains.

imo....

•••
These kind of mails do get success maybe around 10% or why they keep sending mails.

•••
These kind of mails do get success maybe around 10% or why they keep sending mails.

10% success. NO WAY.

They send 10 people an email and get a sale? NO WAY., way less than 1%.

•••
I actually got a message today from a service AdvanceNames.com.

They were offering a domain I actually was interested in, and was offering it at the massive price of $39.99.

I felt that the price point was somewhat odd, so I opened up my terminal and did a WhoIs on the domain name.

As it turns out... it was available and I registered it with GoDaddy for $9 USD.

It's a niche I support and own a few quality names within, so it looks like this junk mail did me some service. Thanks AdvanceNames.com for your inefficient process!

Now I will patiently await eMails from 10+ SEO/Dev companies trying to sell me their junk.

Thanks for sharing this. I got a similar email with a domain similar to one I own. It was definitely an odd email address and link, and once I found it was Advance Names, I did a search that led to this thread. Thanks NamePros!

•••
Want to say something to the domainers that like to send outbound emails. I like sometimes to do it to. When I started domaining in 2008, there were not a lot of domainers who did it. I remember there were topics where people asked how to send these emails etc. Well it worked at least for me, through some nice years. But throught years the situation is changed dramatically because everybody became to send these emails automatically to everyone. And you know it hurts the business generally. Yours too.
As an example: a week ago registered nice bigcity + profession name and sent emails to few potential endusers, made these emails individual. Today I am getting an email from a domain spammer who is sending an email with profession + bigcity (like mine) to me. Well, I won't buy it for sure, and if this guy would at least check who damn it is data - he would for sure understand that I am a domainer too.
So, if somene from these spammers is reading this topic - make your emails individual, targerted on right buyers, because in a current situation with this automatical spam emails you won't sell anything and more - you would hurt also my (or someone else's) business.

•••
Want to say something to the domainers that like to send outbound emails.

throught years the situation is changed dramatically because everybody became to send these emails automatically to everyone. And you know it hurts the business generally. Yours too.

Today I am getting an email from a domain spammer who is sending an email with profession + bigcity (like mine) to me. Well, I won't buy it for sure, and if this guy would at least check who damn it is data - he would for sure understand that I am a domainer too.

Hi

i cut your post a tad,

but in essence what you said, is/was.....and always will be, the intention of this thread.

Thanks
imo....

•••
i get these emails like daily.
whatever software these ppl use, is quite amazing.

the emails though, not so much

•••
This one was so bad I had to post it:

Subject: TwoWords.ext
Date: Sat, September 17, 2016 4:35 am
To: Me
Priority: Normal

Hey there!

TwoWords.ext is looking for a new owner :) it has no website, just the name
is on offer. Let us know if you are interested. Let us know if you want more
info.
Have a great day!

Jasmine Bull

-----------

Smiley face in B2B email?
Crazy .RU address.
Let us know, Let us know, Let us know...

What a waste of time...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back