IT.COM

question Email signature headache

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Viqta

Established Member
Impact
Hello, everyone. I have repeatedly read about the importance of including contact information in email signatures when doing outbound marketing. However, I have reservations or confusion about what information to include.

I consider it inappropriate including an international phone number while selling to someone in the US - I may be wrong. Although I also have access to a US phone number, I think it's rather inappropriate including it in emails because it could be misleading.

I did include a customized email address and website in my signature in the past (while sending email with consumer/free Gmail in most cases). I would later find the domain name used being marked as spam. Now, I am reluctant to include one in email signatures again.

Can anyone give tips on how to overcome this conundrum, please? Would a link to Facebook profile work instead?

Thanks in anticipation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Email is professional enough…it’s not necessary for you to leave your number/Facebook/tiktok/MySpace..my spam folder is full as well

Last edited:
•••
It makes you look more legit, i agree.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
For my day job and my own website communications I use the below format

Company Logo - put wherever you feel appropriate
Full name
Job title
Contact Number (mobile)
Email

Connect with me on LinkedIn image with link

Disclaimer - Ltd company, privacy etc
Environmental line about printing email

I also set up SPF and DKIM

Last edited:
•••
I did include a customized email address and website in my signature in the past (while sending email with consumer/free Gmail in most cases). I would later find the domain name used being marked as spam. Now, I am reluctant to include one in email signatures again.

#1 don’t spam people
#2 don’t include your email in your signature

•••
Thanks all for your responses!

#1 don’t spam people
#2 don’t include your email in your signature

Thanks for your advice.

I'd like to think that I don't spam, although some people might think differently. I try to avoid following up several times when I don't get a response.

On your second point, what would you suggest my email signature looks like if I don't include a phone number, email address, and website?

Thanks for your time.

•••
Thanks all for your responses!

Thanks for your advice.

I'd like to think that I don't spam, although some people might think differently. I try to avoid following up several times when I don't get a response.

On your second point, what would you suggest my email signature looks like if I don't include a phone number, email address, and website?

Thanks for your time.

Your name

•••
•••
Appearances matter because most people procedure vision facts far better than words. So when your emails are mostly text, closing them with a professional email signature is more essential than an option.

I think you need to add the below information in your signature format :

Regards,
Your name,
Your post name,
company logo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back