humor Efty.com rebrands to Bob.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Efty.com rebrands to Bob.com

efty-logo-280-2017.jpg

“It’s true. Efty always sounded like someone with a lisp trying to pronounce Etsy, so why not change to a LLL .com domain? BOB .com is perfect, and we have plans for a bot named Bob to handle all transactions. Yes, it will be on the blockchain!”

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/efty-rebrands-to-bob-com-during-namescon-europe/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just waiting to see what they are going to make up for the BOB acronym. :xf.grin:

•••
So did they buy Bob.tv then and are going to have a new how to sell domains for millions video show?

•••
Wow another company rebranded to 3 letter word... I am going to start searching for a 3 letter word to rebrand myself too!

Anyone have one available for under 20k.. CVC.. and pronounceable!

•••
its a humor post by DomainGang as there is no 100% True label at the bottom of the article!!

•••
•••
Haha... good one from DomainGang.

I bet GoDaddy would rebrand to GOD.com pretty soon :)

•••
Come on guys........ you were supposed to go with it :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

You gave it away too soon!! :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Picture0003.png

Last edited:
•••
First thing came to mind was bobs furniture.

Bob and Dan would make some fun memes...

•••

I think ROB would be more appropriate for GoDaddy.

•••
its a humor post by DomainGang as there is no 100% True label at the bottom of the article!!

Picture0004.png

The Parody News part is the giveaway

HeHe..... you should have let it go on for a bit.... was sooo funny it practically made sense. :xf.grin:

•••
Show attachment 121766
The Parody News part is the giveaway

HeHe..... you should have let it go on for a bit.... was sooo funny it practically made sense. :xf.grin:

People would have spread it without reading properly, so I thought of making it clear before it got out of hand :-P

•••
editt

Last edited:
•••
I'm heartbroken.:xf.frown: I thought that it was true that Efty were rebranding to Bob!!! And well, it would have made me feel proud :xf.cool:. Not to mention I would have lobbied to be their spokesperson in Canada, or mascot or something.
Bob (thinking now of changing my name to Efty)

Last edited:
•••
uniregistry changed to Uni, but they seem like not hv uni.com yet

•••
I changed my real name to bbq. I see a real trend here.

•••
I like “Rudolph” or “ dog”

•••

Admittedly, when i visit GD, i type in god and let autocorrect in the browser pump out the full address so i hit enter. i can see GD picked their name well for the future :P

Last edited:
•••

“It’s true. Efty always sounded like someone with a lisp trying to pronounce Etsy
..."

Always sounds a bit like "iffy" to me, or lefty, or nifty, or FT. Never much liked that name.

The new name suggests a good verb for domain selling, to bobbit, but that already has a meaning and suggests cut prices. Maybe bobbit will be their in-house cryptocurrency.

"Wow, I'm gonna bobbit my adult names..."

Last edited:
•••
Right now BOB redirects to a Chinese type of website, I wonder if they acquired it or still in pending.
I am amazed that more and more companies are using what appears to be human first names, take a look at DAN, now BOB.

•••
•••
You got me! cuz I am not a details guy ;)

•••
I read that story this morning and immediately laughed, as it's a direct jab at Undeveloped rebranding to DAN.

"Now everyone's doing it - Get your boring 3-letter "old guy" name now!"

•••
•••
I thought that efty rebranded to Danny.com.

•••
Back