IT.COM

question .EDU domain names (Grandfathered)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
So lets start by saying I contacted this guy https://www.namepros.com//free-edth...n-a-rare-opportunity-now-up-to-50-off.740680/

He has not responded, but I have seen his posts on several websites on similar topics, in regard to a couple of grandfathered .edu names he has, and I would like to see where I could find a place to get such a domain name for a blog.

Yes, I applied, emailed and tried to call www.IS.edu too. They seem to be a website run by someone on vacation. Are their any other options?

FYI: I have an MBA degree from AIU. I am not wanting to make a spam site, just would like a .edu for my blog.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Trying to get some .edu emails for free stuff lol

•••
Trying to get some .edu emails for free stuff lol
I have one from my university, and I got one from one college but it got locked after a couple of years. But the subdomain name is more valuable.

•••
•••
i only know of one grandfathered .edu

academia.edu

You’re ambitious, i’ll give u that. Good luck :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
i only know of one grandfathered .edu

academia.edu

You’re ambitious, i’ll give u that. Good luck :xf.wink:
I am well aware of that site. But it is not exactly what I was looking for. I was going to host it on Edublogs, but they are poorly coded.

•••
•••
That post is almost 10 years old :cautious:

•••
•••
•••
other than acadamia.edu which is 100 a year, I have not found anything good, but it has no-follow links set up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back