Dynadot

ebru.com has a bid 1,200,000 euros!

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone read the description or googled the name?

This may be genuine, Ebru is an art, some Turkish, Arabic or Persian millionaire could pay such money for the name.

We'll find out I guess.
Then why these millionaires are ignoring the same .ART (2017) which is for sale at Sedo for 9,900 EUR BIN ???

Last edited:
•••
Then why these millionaires are ignoring the same .ART (2017) which is for sale at Sedo for 9,900 EUR BIN ???

Ebru.com vs. Ebru.art ? thats what you mean?

If so, well i'd say its pretty obvious. the new gtld is:meh:

I don't know whats going on with that auction. we're all just guessing.

•••
•••
Probably, if legit bid, from EBRU.TV

Last edited:
•••
Looks like a legit bid. You have to be verified on Sedo to bid over 10,000.

This will be one of the highest reported LLLL.com sales ever if it completes.

•••
If they hire a brokerage. The price is low

•••
May be the auction did not start at 1.2 million. It was long negotiations of offers . then the seller took the 1.2 m offer but decided to send the offer for auction as he may have other offers. This can happen at sedo.

It happens to me frequently. I recently sent a domain to auction after an offer.
However you are missing a point: If you make counter offer, you can't start auction. Maybe the buyer or buyers had to made serial offers and had to continuously make higher offers until this 1,25M euros. The domain looks like around 20 years old. 20 years is too long. We don't know how long the buyer or bidder was dreaming to buy it for the last 20 years.

Has anyone read the description or googled the name?

This may be genuine, Ebru is an art, some Turkish, Arabic or Persian millionaire could pay such money for the name.

We'll find out I guess.

Thanks

It's a female name as well.

p.s. Even if bid is real - I still don't understand the reason to start auction...
Who will overbid it???

You can't know who will overbid. This is the main reason of all auctions.

Ebru is a female name, can be worth 1.25M. Because you can create nice brand on it for females and that brand can be popular, can pay back 1.25M investment quickly.

Ebru is an art but is a dead art, is not popular at all, is not worth 1.25M in my opinion.

•••
This will be one of the highest reported LLLL.com sales ever if it completes.
This is not just random LLLL.

•••
•••
•••
can be worth 1.25M. Because you can create nice brand on it for females and that brand can be popular, can pay back 1.25M investment quickly.
Smart people can create nice brand for regfee.
And even significantly better.

•••
Smart people can create nice brand for regfee.
And even significantly better.

You can create billion dollar brand as Ebru. It's a female name. You can start a global cosmetic-dress-jewellery retail chain under such a brand.

•••
I never heard such female name.

•••
I never heard such female name.

It's Turkish. Sedo page shows that the seller is from Turkey. Perhaps the buyer is also from Turkey which is one of the top 20 economies of the World.

•••
I already said who is the buyer... EBRU.TV
EBRU - TM of their broadcasting company EverestPRO (Turkish diaspora in the USA).

•••
I already said who is the buyer... EBRU.TV
EBRU - TM of their broadcasting company EverestPRO (Turkish diaspora in the USA).

How do you know it? I read your previous posts. You are saying there is TM on ebru and shared the TM page.
The question is why does an American company make a bid or offer in Euro instead of USD?
We don't know who is the buyer.

As to the trade mark, it is related to broadcasting. Broadcasting will be irrelevant if you create a brand targeting women, like a jewelery chain.

•••
Because EUR is preferred currency for this seller...
And overall, this is not a problem. USD or EUR.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am more happy because I own two similar names, UPRU.COM and UQRU.COM.

That means nothing because for a acronym like this to command such a price it would have to be a direct hit to a business or product name, or have a special meaning. Coming close in other letter combinations guarantees nothing over the 3-500 bucks they are currently getting via namepros auctions.

If you have the correct letter combination and a business needs them then the price can be set at whatever that business can afford, or is willing, to pay. Other than that you can count on cheap resales on namepros for these domains. One in a blue moon will take off and that is what drives speculation on other random four letter .coms.

Last edited:
•••
And if we will not see any changes within 1 month - then 100% money laundering or tax optimization.

•••
Turkey which is one of the top 20 economies of the World.
For 10 years I had the only one bidder from Turkey...
$170 was offered and then he disappeared, not paid his own bid.

Last edited:
•••
Logically.

With the same logic any other taken extension owner might be the buyer. But we can't know the buyer certainly.

Only one thing is certain in my opinion: The buyer wants it as ebru is a female name. You can compare ebru to some 4L female names such as emma, lucy, anna. It should make more sense now. How much would you pay for anna.com ?

•••
For 1.25M EUR you can buy 3L/2L .com
For 4L this is abnormal definitely... except some really strong names.

•••
And if we will not see any changes within 1 month - then 100% money laundering or tax optimization.

One possible reason can be the local currency. If the buyer is from Turkey he might be thinking to convert some assets into EUR. I checked at xe.com, value of Turkish Lira dropped too much in the fx markets.

For 10 years I had the only one bidder from Turkey...
$170 was offered and then he disappeared, not paid his own bid.

Same here too :) But as I said, the buyer can be anyone from any country as long as he/she knows ebru is a female name.

For 1.25M EUR you can buy 3L/2L .com
For 4L this is abnormal definitely... except some really strong names.

It depends on who buys it and what he/she will do with it. If you will start a billion $ company, a few millions for the domain could be negligible, especially if you want to create an online shopping or a similar internet based company. Believe me, 1-2 million EUR is not a big investment for most serious companies. It's too much for domainers only :)

Last edited:
•••
Usually, in most cases, companies spend $500K+ for the domains where type-in traffic is high or very high...
Ebru.com monthly traffic is just ~250 visits (with all bots) according to Sedo stats...
1.25M EUR - TRUE waste of money for such domain. But I agree, all rules have exceptions.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back