Dynadot

ebru.com has a bid 1,200,000 euros!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think i'll wait for the DnJournal Confirmation before I believe it as a legitimate sale

•••
•••
•••
To make bids over $10k you have to be verified? or not?

•••
"Please note that in order to place bids above 10,000.00 EUR, an additional certification is required and completion of this process may take several business days. "

•••
"Please note that in order to place bids above 10,000.00 EUR, an additional certification is required and completion of this process may take several business days. "

Yeah, that's what I am saying. It has to be verified with they're highest certification. Not saying that it can`t be fake. But I would say 50/50 in the current moment.

The question here is why would you start an auction with 1,2M offer. I mean how stupid can you be?

Last edited:
•••
The question here is why would you start an auction with 1,2M offer. I mean how stupid can you be?

That's the million dollar question here and that's why I think is fake!

•••
This will be a very interesting case as it raises quite a few questions.. extremely high odds this is fake, but at the same time bidder had to be verified for offers over 10k.

1) not sure how the verification works exactly, but obviously there's a huge gap between 10k and 1.2 million.. I doubt they asked for proof of capability to pay for 1 million or more

2) maybe the bidder doesn't give a damn about their account, or created one, got verified, bid that crazy amount for a publicity stunt.. then will close his account

3) last but not least.. could be a payback to money owed.. who knows..

Last edited:
•••

May be the auction did not start at 1.2 million. It was long negotiations of offers . then the seller took the 1.2 m offer but decided to send the offer for auction as he may have other offers. This can happen at sedo.

•••
I think it is a real bid.

•••
I think it is a real bid.

For me the only question . how the seller got the courage to ask for million for such a name !!!.

•••
•••
•••
Yeah, that's what I am saying. It has to be verified with they're highest certification. Not saying that it can`t be fake. But I would say 50/50 in the current moment.

I think it's not necessary the starting bid, last month I received an offer for a domain, countered, received 6 other ones, and in the 7th offer I decided to send the domain to auction, the domain had just "one" bid => the latest one.
So, I think the bid may be legit if there were offers before. but in my opinion 1,2 Millions for ebru ....! :-D it's too much !

•••
I think it's not necessary the starting bid, last month I received an offer for a domain, countered, received 6 other ones, and in the 7th offer I decided to send the domain to auction, the domain had just "one" bid => the latest one.
So, I think the bid may be legit if there were offers before. but in my opinion 1,2 Millions for ebru ....! :-D it's too much !
Please note that domainers and end users value domains differently, while a fellow domainer will value its pattern, cvcv etc. but end users value what they want. If the bid from end users it probably genuine. If from fellow domainer it is 100% fake.

•••
For me the only question . how the seller got the courage to ask for million for such a name !!!.

You just do it. No 'courage' necessary.

•••
Has anyone read the description or googled the name?

This may be genuine, Ebru is an art, some Turkish, Arabic or Persian millionaire could pay such money for the name.

We'll find out I guess.

Thanks

•••
You just do it. No 'courage' necessary.

if you want to sell and you are afraid to loose the sale , you will have zero courage

but if you are sitting on thousands of names and you are receiving ten of offers everyday, you can ask for million everyday

•••
When checking at Bodis (Domain Status Tool) - shows that it is blocked by Google, reason: TM.

•••
p.s. Even if bid is real - I still don't understand the reason to start auction...
Who will overbid it???

•••
I think i'll wait for the DnJournal Confirmation before I believe it as a legitimate sale
DNJournal doesn't investigate/recheck Sedo transactions...
They just distribute Sedo feed and that's all.

•••
p.s. Even if bid is real - I still don't understand the reason to start auction...
Who will overbid it???
I agree, why not just close it out, and get it done, why wait a week to run an auction.

•••
First of all I do not think the name deserves that kind of amount. Until money received, there is no guarantee. Let us wait for a few more days. Anyhow, it is nice to hear that EBRU.COM has a 1.25 million Euro bid on Sedo!. I am more happy because I own two similar names, UPRU.COM and UQRU.COM.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back