Dynadot

Ebay Affiliates?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Anyone out there successfully running ebays affliate program on their site? The payouts seem pretty good (5 cents per bid, $5.00 if someone signs up new) but I can't seem to attract visitors to that portion of my site and was wondering if you had any success stories or tips to share. My site deals in Disney World and Disney Collectibles and I get pretty good traffic. www.magicalmountain.net is the site.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the key is to not relegate the auction listings to a separate "section" of your site (you are embedding ebay auction listings into your site aren't you)

You need to integrate the listings into your main content scattered around the areas of your site that your visitors are *already* looking at.

That's the same with almost all affiliate programs.

Too often people try to shuffle them away on a "links" page or a "shopping" page. If the program is highly targeted to your site as they should be, then the affiliate links should mix right in with your content (preferrably deep linking to products or interior pages of the merchant site)

If done right, your affiliate links can virtually act as additional "content" for your website since it will be so targeted and on the same theme.

Hope this helps :)

•••
I think their affiliates program is alright, but Amazon affiliates make much more because they earn a percentage of each sale as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back