IT.COM

advice Easy / fast way to find potential client emails to sell domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Norris

Design & DevelopmentEstablished Member
Impact
Okay so I mentioned a tip to someone, and they never reached out to me for it, but a few people did so I figured I would post for everyone to see, and if this makes you rich don't forget about me :xf.smile:

So what I learned was a hack basically of a program.... I'm good with search engines and in the program's description I wanted to buy, it basically told me how it worked, and I found a way to use Google search to replicate the software.

So say I want to sell the domain name foodbank.us (actual domain I own). I would go to Google search and type in the exact line below...

site:facebook.com "gmail" foodbank

Other examples that might give you better (more) results would be:

site:facebook.com "gmail" foodbank South Carolina
site:facebook.com "gmail" foodbank Florida
site:facebook.com "gmail" foodbank Nevada

You just replace foodbank / location with whatever keywords fit your domain name...meaning there are millions of potential clients at your fingertips now for all your domains.

The Google Chrome extension I use so that I don't have to copy and paste each email individually can be found by typing "email extractor google chrome extension" in Google search. Also to make this a bit easier I change my Google search results to show 100 instead of 10. You can do this by going to google .com/preferences

I turn the Chrome extension off whenever I am not using it because it does slow things down.

And from there you can browse the results to take some out, or you can just go on to compose your award winning sales script. I generally put all the emails into BC or BCC (blind copy) and send the email to my address where I own/registered the domains. Having the potential client emails in blind copy helps to not expose your potential clients emails to other clients... it gives them privacy and keeps anyone from copying the list of emails you just made and using it.

@autobot
@Jayboltz
@chuckworries
@damance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You can probably also replace facebook.com with other websites if you know what type of information you are searching.... if you are looking for anything other than a "gmail" account also, replace gmail with hotmail/whatever.

•••
gmail
yahoo
hotmail
aol
msn
comcast
live
outlook
sbcglobal
verizon
bellsouth

•••
yes this is best for diversity unless you want only Gmail results :)

•••
any other websites except facebook.com?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Could this method also get the custom mail on the site if the end user doesn't use Gmail

•••
yeah, you just have to play with the "gmail" in the search thread and replace it with something else that will bring the emails in the search results.... it's something you'll have to play with keywords to build your own methods

•••
Also to mention, if you need to remove duplicate results....

http:// www. textwidgets.com/dedupelist.html#startresults

And if you need to add in commas.....

https:// delim .co/#

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
First link is to remove duplicate emails from the list, and second link is for adding in commas where a new line begins so that emails are separated by commas

•••
Okay so I mentioned a tip to someone, and they never reached out to me for it, but a few people did so I figured I would post for everyone to see, and if this makes you rich don't forget about me :xf.smile:
Thank you @michealNorris for the tricks. How do we get around sending to the addresses and not get them to spam folders. Does it work with BCC so that google don't mark with spam because some searches are up to 200 mails from my end. I just want the mail to go to the right box.

Last edited:
•••
I'm unsure of a method right off.. some people's emails are blocked already just because they use shared servers or old IPs.... BCC only helps to hide the email list from the people you just sent it to. I broke down the emails to around 100 or so per email before sending... not sure that this helps anything or not, but after sending the few I have, I have gotten some responses so people are getting to see the email.

•••
I'm unsure of a method right off.. some people's emails are blocked already just because they use shared servers or old IPs.... BCC only helps to hide the email list from the people you just sent it to. I broke down the emails to around 100 or so per email before sending... not sure that this helps anything or not, but after sending the few I have, I have gotten some responses so people are getting to see the email.
thank you, that is what i want to hear, that you are getting response. That means its going to the right place. I will play around that and track it. Thank you.

•••
•••
•••
How many domain names have you sold using this particular method? Like what is the success rate so far. Thanks for these tips.

•••
I mean, what's the success rate of any outbound sales in domain names?

I can't give you any estimations or figures relating to success you may have. This depends on many factors, including the domain name, the sales pitch, and ease of access factors as well.

If someone's selling a crap domain name they may get zero, while if someone is selling a great domain name they may also get zero if their pricing is too high. There are many factors that depend on user input here so you will have to find out your own success rates based on your own skill level to make a sale.

•••
these tools also works
seosniffer.com
web.seosnifer.com

•••
Back