domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
Hello,guys,
please appraise this domain e.co

Thanks

Vane

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not really a fan of .co

…unless it's a single letter that also happens to work as a hack for one of the hottest terms on the planet right now.

Nice name :cigar:

•••
Hello,guys,
please appraise this domain e.co

Thanks

Vane

do u own it? what's renew fee. hard to give price..so few own and sell 1lettr co

•••
I'm not really a fan of .co

…unless it's a single letter that also happens to work as a hack for one of the hottest terms on the planet right now.

Nice name :cigar:
its e.co not IDN

Last edited:
•••
•••
Can be a 1000000 $ but anyway 6 figures for sure

•••
Top domain. You really own this? Its valuable, put it that way (brand being "e", or the hack "eco")

•••
Hello,

E.co was sold for 81,000 in 2010, also O.co sold for 350,000 same year.
The fact it's a single letter + the "eco" hack makes it even more valuable as a .co domain.

We've many .co sales in 2022 in the 5 figure range "one word & two word" peaking at 81,000$ so, I see it as a 6 figure name for sure but for 7 figure? May be, but I don't think so personally.

Last edited:
•••
Super duper domain... Surely six fig...may be seven fig.... It's a great domain...

•••
It is a million dollar domain name.
You just have to wait for the right buyer.

•••
How much did you pay for it? How did you even finished with it? Someone said there that it had been sold for 81000 already before, so you probably paid so much too? Or did you luckily caught it after it expired and the previous owner gave up? If something like this last thing happened then you see that the value cannot actually be so high, although it does not mean that is nothing anyway, just not to that extreme.

•••
This one is so unique and valuable that u should just vault this one and use it as an asset or for collateral in ur investment endeavors. Do not sell. Keep thru ur career than when ready to retire sell for 7 figures. Good luck and wow impressive. Ty.

•••
hello, this is your winning ticket, hold onto it

•••
hold tight A+++ name, $750k -1 mil

Last edited:
•••
How much did you pay for it? How did you even finished with it? Someone said there that it had been sold for 81000 already before, so you probably paid so much too? Or did you luckily caught it after it expired and the previous owner gave up? If something like this last thing happened then you see that the value cannot actually be so high, although it does not mean that is nothing anyway, just not to that extreme.
this is the lousiest comment I've ever seen here (apart from some of mine)

-_-

•••
•••
this is the lousiest comment I've ever seen here (apart from some of mine)

-_-
It is incorrect to classify it as "lousy", simply because it does not fit with your wishful thinking that having some domain is like having a few ingots of gold, when it is usually more like a lottery ticket that may have a chance in millions of being very valuable, but usually will lose, and earning something is better than losing.

The domain is good in appearance, and I myself can think of many things to do with it, but that means nothing if the price tag is of millions, just as I see pieces of land in very good locations with very good qualities, that I could transform into amazing buildings, it is just speculation and imagination, if those pieces of land are too expensive for me to afford them. It is pointless to price something in millions, if none is buying your domain name it is just another expense to pay rent for.

Go, take the cutest domain you possess and write something amazing like 1 000 000 000, and then imagine you are a billionare because soon someone will come and pay you so much money. That is the same kind of thinking.

But, if we are rational, we can see that it is far more realistic to expect something between what it has been sold before, and what the current owner paid for. Particularly with these high prices it is quite difficult that people will just go and buy it, when whoever be interested could by just a couple thousands buy another 1 letter domain; check SEDO, there are far cheaper and still good 1 letter domains, or simply ask here for proposals, and you will for sure get some better deals.

If I am the president of a new business that for any reason requires a tiny domain name, I am not going to be throwing away money around just like that, but I will try to find the best relationship between price and quality, I will search online and in just a few minutes, so I will end up here in this forum seen that there is a community of thousands of people training hours and hours to search good domains. I could just set a bounty of a couple thousand dollars, and ask for the best 1 letter domain, and I will get tenths of offers.

Your domain e.co, or whatever it be, will only be under my consideration, if I can actually save the time of making that search, without spending too much extra money. So, if I wanted to spend 2 thousand in a good short name, and your very good domain is 4 thousand, maybe I will buy it to save time and get something good that is not going to blow away the business capital. But if it is 4 millions, that is, a couple thousand times more expensive than my planned budget, I am not even going to consider it. These senseless prices are like the difference between buying a 2 dollars book and a 4000 dollars book: I simply cannot envision spending 4000 on a single book, unless it were something like a bible of Gutenberg, and yet, such expense would be more for personal dreams, but if I am also actually aiming to make a profitable business with that book, spending so much simply does not make sense.

I think a lot of the general hate of people against "domainers" is because of this, just as the hate for landlords and real state investors: you have absurd expectations of what to earn from your properties, that make it practically impossible to ever buy from you; but if you were not so greedy you could actually sell more, faster, and your domains or your houses would actually be used for what they were made for, instead of being there, so empty and useless.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back