Dynadot

information Dynadot: Update to Domain Pushes (Change Ownership Requests)

NameSilo
Watch

NameInbox

Top Member
Impact
1675929629412.png

Just got email from Dyna:

" We're writing to inform you of an update we're making to domain pushes at Dynadot, also known as Change Ownership requests.

We've received a lot of feedback to update how domain pushes are handled. Right now, we use account Forum Names to create domain push orders. But, on February 15, 2023 00:00 PST, we'll be updating this process to use Usernames instead (which is more common in the domain industry). The process itself will work the same, but the recipient account will provide their Usernames rather than their Forum Name.

Please note we offer additional ways to add extra security to your account. It's easy to set up, and it's free to use.

Thank you,
Team Dynadot "

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good move, was annoying telling people were to find their forum name

•••
Bad move @Dynadot
In this way any will know my username & can request a password reset
I dont like at all
😡

Last edited:
•••
Bad move, having an extra (and changeable) handle was an important extra layer of security and privacy which is now going away.

•••
•••
forum name is the stupidest thing alive. and dyna is.the only lame place using.it.... remove it completely plz

•••
Anyways, we need to use our email/username/etc. on the rest registrars, so I don't think this is a bad move. They also do provide extra layers of security for the account, we can keep it as much high as possible.

•••
We’ve heard your feedback on the Domain Push matter, and we’re looking at ways we can help users who like the straightforwardness of the username, along with the anonymity of the forum name for pushes.The current way we’re looking at is to create a ‘Push Username’.

The Push Username is what you would give to the sender instead of your username or forum name. Once implemented, the Push Username would be identical to the account username, so any users who would prefer to use this method would be able to give the sender their username and the domain would be pushed no problem! However, for users that want to retain more anonymity, the Push Username can also be changed to whatever you’d prefer! It also must be unique in the system, so no Push Username can match any regular Username and vice versa.

During the initial stage of this change, for those who are concerned about getting the forum name and username mixed up, we are adding an optional security field: email address. If both username and email address are filled out, all info must match the receiver's account.

We hope this system addresses everyone's needs and concerns. Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated!
I saw this thread and thought I'd update my response in it as well. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

•••
I think email and forum name are enought, Username risky!!

•••
Honestly not a fan of giving usernames and emails when pushing. I thought the forum name was a nice security layer, the only problem was actually finding it for new people.

Just that things that you log in with for transfers are bad security practices. Name.com does it nicely imo, the moment you log in, you see the account code, surely Dynadot could have done the same..

•••
Honestly not a fan of giving usernames and emails when pushing. I thought the forum name was a nice security layer, the only problem was actually finding it for new people.

Just that things that you log in with for transfers are bad security practices. Name.com does it nicely imo, the moment you log in, you see the account code, surely Dynadot could have done the same..
Yes agree with you, in my vision registrar have to require just a forum name+ user number for push. And also we need push from registrar to other registrar for more security.

•••

I'm not a fan of giving email, too. I'm a fan of finding emails!
For example site may use Your mail as Username, like @WebSuffix, email will be like WebSuffix@mail ...
Now I have Your email
1676880259926.png

I have a fresh list of domainers. If someone will need it, send me DM.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back