Dynadot

DynaDot down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys, is it me? or anybody else cant load DynaDot.com ?

Has been this way for more than 4 hours now (since I last checked)

Thanks,
~Rami

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's what I get :

"
* Error Code 64: Host not available
* Background: The connection to the Web server was lost. " :o

Guess they are applying some serious technical updates/upgrades these days. Probably good news for us. I'd prefer to got a warning about that before though .

The error I get is:

"Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error."

~Rami

•••
Same here. I can't access dynadot at all. Now I can't access my blog's email. At the same time, my host changed her servers and I can't login to dynadot to change my name servers. Sigh...

Edit: Seems like Dynadot is having some technical problems. http://dynadot.blogspot.com/2010/11/site-downtime.html?spref=fb

Last edited:
•••
This doesn't look like an upgrade issue to me. Site upgrades are not done so amateurish.

I hope somebody didn't hack the user login details of all users. Clearing up this kind mess would take a long time. They wouldn't be able to open again before implementing a system to require users change their password before accessing their account.

•••
Not back yet...

I remenber that Dynadot.com was down for more than 48 hours 2 years ago. That time domain taste was still allowed and many guys could not delete their domains because of down for so many hours...

•••
dynadot's website is up and working fine for me.

•••
•••
I see it up now too.

~Rami

•••
just checked back here,tough don't think I will register there after this.

•••
Glad it is back... I have an offer for one of my domains that's reged there.

•••
just checked back here,tough don't think I will register there after this.

"Stuff" Happens ... And NO Registrar/Website is immune when it comes down to it. Even the almighty Google has serious problems from time to time ;)

I love the Dynadot panel compared to all others I've used and am slowly moving in their direction.

•••
That's what keeps me there.

I love the Dynadot panel compared to all others I've used and am slowly moving in their direction.

•••
•••
Regarding their menu, Dynadot was totally messed up when I started using them. The logged in menu items and logged out menu items were totally mixed. I kept emailing them and luckily they changed their navigation menu and separated the "my account" area.

Still they didn't fix all the problems that I told them. For instance once I wanted to add funds to my account couldn't find how to do. That option is hidden in the most ridiculous place. I wrote them about this but they didn't listen.

Something like adding funds to your account should be inside the "my account" menu. After all you are adding funds to your account. But no they put that item to the public user area, under the "Home > Company > Prepay" menu.

This is so unintuitive. The "prepay" (or add funds) page should be under "My Account > My Info > Prepay".

I think Dynadot is rubbish when it comes to listening to user feedback. They should also change the requirement to disclose your account email to a stranger whenever you need a domain to be pushed into your account. This is just a big security risk. You can of course open a second transport account but that's not convenient.

I don't like their low budget hosting packages. I'm sure those attract a lot of spammers. Also I don't like the for sale section of their forum. There are a lot of scammers in that forum and it is hardly moderated. They should close that section down.

They always come back to me with excuses when I send them feedback. They don't seem to actually listen.

However some of the menu items are easy to use. After a while you get used to it. For instance I don't need to continuously type ns1.sedoparking.com to nameservers because I can select those from a droplist.

Also I like their api which I'm using to register domains. I like also their grace deletes.

Pricing is much better than for instance namecheap which I used to use more in the past.

However I have yet to see Dynadot impress me once. If they implemented the account email and whois email feature that I wrote them about that would be impressive.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding their menu, Dynadot was totally messed up when I started using them. The logged in menu items and logged out menu items were totally mixed. I kept emailing them and luckily they changed their navigation menu and separated the "my account" area.

Still they didn't fix all the problems that I told them. For instance once I wanted to add funds to my account couldn't find how to do. That option is hidden in the most ridiculous place. I wrote them about this but they didn't listen.

Something like adding funds to your account should be inside the "my account" menu. After all you are adding funds to your account. But no they put that item to the public user area, under the "Home > Company > Prepay" menu.

This is so unintuitive. The "prepay" (or add funds) page should be under "My Account > My Info > Prepay".

I think Dynadot is rubbish when it comes to listening to user feedback. They should also change the requirement to disclose your account email to a stranger whenever you need a domain to be pushed into your account. This is just a big security risk. You can of course open a second transport account but that's not convenient.

I don't like their low budget hosting packages. I'm sure those attract a lot of spammers. Also I don't like the for sale section of their forum. There are a lot of scammers in that forum and it is hardly moderated. They should close that section down.

They always come back to me with excuses when I send them feedback. They don't seem to actually listen.

However some of the menu items are easy to use. After a while you get used to it. For instance I don't need to continuously type ns1.sedoparking.com to nameservers because I can select those from a droplist.

Also I like their api which I'm using to register domains. I like also their grace deletes.

Pricing is much better than for instance namecheap which I used to use more in the past.

However I have yet to see Dynadot impress me once. If they implemented the account email and whois email feature that I wrote them about that would be impressive.

Then don't use them?

I'm a perfectly happy client of their interface and I find it one of the most easy to use interfaces out of all registrars and I use a few (Godaddy, Enom, Directi/Resellerclub, Tucows, Name.com, Namesilo, Internet.bs, Dotster, Domaindiscover, Namecheap, Dyndns, Pairnic, Fabulous, Gandi, Directnic, DD24/Keysystems, Moniker, Register.com, Netsol, etc. just to name a few). Yes it has faults but it is one of the best in the industry.

Their support has always been helpful and they pick up the phone.

•••
Was there ever any explanation from Dynadot about this downtime?

•••
I havent saw or received any explanations for their downtime. It would be nice from them to give us one $1 registration for each domain we already have at Dynadot ;)

•••
I cannot access "My Account" right now or log-in. :(

•••
I cannot access "My Account" right now or log-in. :(

I have sent an email to [email protected],
maybe I need a better contact or have to call
but I don't know why I still cannot get to my domains!!
>:(

•••
I have sent an email to [email protected],
maybe I need a better contact or have to call
but I don't know why I still cannot get to my domains!!
>:(

I'm not sure either, it's been working fine for me. Good luck.

•••
It is my firefox, I suppose I need to clear my cache and cookies.
Just realized that it works on IE smh

Thanks lothos!

•••
It's not working for me, even with a clear cache.

•••
Worked fine for me when I logged in a minute ago.

•••
Back