Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Hubbard

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Value Guys? Thanks
This is going to be a tough one as it's hard to see any inherent value in these domains.

I suppose you're attempt to go the brandables route, which can be a ruthless market but one full of surprises. In that spirit, Dubainance may find an end-user. The UAE has been a host to some decent brandable domain sales. The same can't be said about Thainance, where English brandables are not very compatible with the Thai market.

Unfortunately, this means you likely won't be able to sell to resellers. The length of the domains (Dubainance is 10 letters) may also be an issue. Finding an end user won't be easy. That places Dubainance's value arbitrary to what you can convince an end user to pay (if you even find one). Thainance's prospects are seemingly close to nonexistent.

I hope this doesn't discourage you. If you're new to the game, then brandables are going to be hard due to all the factors you need to weigh in. The appraisal value is also less stable with domains selling higher and lower than one would expect. Pick either shorter names or more recognizable combinations for brandables. Lastly, be aware that when you're buying domains specific to local areas, you need to worry about whether you can reach buyers. Let me know if I can help in any way. Always happy to help. :)

•••
•••
You mean how much to re register?

•••
•••
•••
This is going to be a tough one as it's hard to see any inherent value in these domains.

I suppose you're attempt to go the brandables route, which can be a ruthless market but one full of surprises. In that spirit, Dubainance may find an end-user. The UAE has been a host to some decent brandable domain sales. The same can't be said about Thainance, where English brandables are not very compatible with the Thai market.

Unfortunately, this means you likely won't be able to sell to resellers. The length of the domains (Dubainance is 10 letters) may also be an issue. Finding an end user won't be easy. That places Dubainance's value arbitrary to what you can convince an end user to pay (if you even find one). Thainance's prospects are seemingly close to nonexistent.

I hope this doesn't discourage you. If you're new to the game, then brandables are going to be hard due to all the factors you need to weigh in. The appraisal value is also less stable with domains selling higher and lower than one would expect. Pick either shorter names or more recognizable combinations for brandables. Lastly, be aware that when you're buying domains specific to local areas, you need to worry about whether you can reach buyers. Let me know if I can help in any way. Always happy to help. :)

Hi thanks for giving me a breakdown. You are correct in acknowledging i'm very new to the domain world. I now have around 450 domains. If you can assit in perhaps taking a look and telling me whats good and whats not. Even better if you know how or where to sell any I happily split the proceeds with you. Thanks for your time.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back