Dynadot

domains Dubai and domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Dubai is the business hub of the middle east and is known for its luxury lifestyle, ultramodern architecture and nightlife.
Being in the domain industry, you just can't ignore the urls even if they are mentioned on buildings. Here are some of the my observations about domain names used in this part of the world, in the last two days that I have been here:

1) .COMs dominate the market here over .ae extension, which I thought would be more popular here. Pharmacy shops, hospitals and private practitioners such as dentist, gynaecologist, orthopaedics etc. mostly use .COMs, as I could see a lot of URLs on buildings and hospitals. So, there is an opportunity for geo domain investors to look into this market.

2) There are a lot of tourists here. Therefore, english is a well known language among common people, though they prefer to speak in Arabic and occasionally, Hindi. English keywords sounds totally fine for the businesses here.

3) Cab and tourism companies are plentiful and popular, and therefore, people owning rental domain names related to this geography have a good chance of getting a fantastic price if they approach the right buyer.

4) People are crazy about cars. You can literally find every high end cars on the streets of Dubai. Sports cars are very popular. A lot of car enthusiasts who visit Dubai go for renting high end cars. Therefore, if you have domain names like Exotic cars, or any other related names, you can get a good price for those, selling it to these service providers in Dubai.

5) There are exhibitions happening throughout the year in Dubai. Owning geo domain names in those category may also help fetch some good price.

6) People are filthy rich here. If they want something, they want it!! Any price, and they will take it. Money is not a matter.

Here are some of the domain names that I came across as advertisements and could recall :

a) During my research about the place, I came across the website VisitDubai.com ranked higher than Dubai.com.
b) Self storage provider TheBoxMe.com.
c) Emirates.com, in the flight.
d) MaiDubaiWater.com, the drinking water service.
e) OSN.com, the television entertainment.
f) TheDubaiMall.com, which is the largest mall in the world by total area.

So, I guess investing in .COM domain names related to this area makes sense. Although I haven't personally sold any domain name to someone from Dubai or Middle East for that matter, but I sure am going to give it a try. Perhaps, people who have had first hand experience buying or selling domain names from/to businesses in Middle East may share their experience and let us know what works and what not.

P.S. The brand name H & M, which is a well known brand, has a showroom in Dubai Mall. One of the glass walls of the shop reads www.H&M.com(I couldn't take the photograph). That makes me wonder if people are actually aware of the domain names. Even big brands such as these which uses HM.com, are making such mistakes('&' is not even a valid character for domain names).

Please share your views, advice, experiences and criticisms, if you have any, related to this.

Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As of now, the website shows that the domain name was purchased for $1.6 million in 2009 and is now being offered for sale.
And using Efty Sale page. So i assume the owner of that domain is on Namepros too but this sale still doesn't make an sense IMO.

•••
Researched and bought (reg'd) a few somewhat great (IMO) and targeted Dubai names a couple years back. Thought this is too good to be true, thinking rich oil sheiks and whatnot, spending money so I can make room for my incoming Dubai dough. Well... It sure was. Zero interest whatsoever (if I recall right I sent quite a few emails to end users). Dropped them all.

•••
I have:
EmiratesLoan.com
The .info is an active website.

•••
•••
Middle East Newsletter is too long so I aquired menewsletter.com awhile back, money is in the list,

•••
I'm in my 4th year as a resident in Dubai and the domain business isn't indeed very active here. I've signed up for DDA which says they organize auctions. This company seems down too. So far i only find some news articles and some webhosting companies. Nothing major regarding domain businesses etc. I get daily spam as a Real Estate Broker through email, whatsapp and sms by so many companies which goes straight in the bin. So emailing end users wouldn't be helpfull either unfortunately as i probabely end up in junk too. But anyhow, for any active person who would like to support me selling propertyinvestments.ae will be highly rewarded. Please let me know if you guys experience any transactions related to the UAE.

•••
Here in Dubai, most of the businesses outsource their online presence to web development agencies(local and foreign).

The agencies usually suggest .ae or .me extension if the .com is not available.

But of course, if a business really wants their name in .com they will shell out the money. This is a advert/picture of Dudu.com (sold for a million dollars) on a building in Dubai along the very famous Shk. Zayed Road (not sure if its there anymore).

Also here car number plates are huge.

Attachments

• 640_dubai-dudu-ad.jpg
    640_dubai-dudu-ad.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
•••
Here in Dubai, most of the businesses outsource their online presence to web development agencies(local and foreign).

The agencies usually suggest .ae or .me extension if the .com is not available.

But of course, if a business really wants their name in .com they will shell out the money. This is a advert/picture of Dudu.com (sold for a million dollars) on a building in Dubai along the very famous Shk. Zayed Road (not sure if its there anymore).

Also here car number plates are huge.
No the add is gone

•••
•••
Horse.ae may have sold for that price because sports betting, horse betting in particular, is very popular in Dubai with people, especially from royal families involved in it. Given the amount of money royal families hold, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine them paying that amount for this domain name!!

As of now, the website shows that the domain name was purchased for $1.6 million in 2009 and is now being offered for sale.

They race the horses, but they don't bet on them as gambling is prohibited.

•••
True. We can fill in a sheet and guess which horses will win with some money prices at the end. But we don't have to pay to participate in it

•••
LiFi technology is getting implemented in Dubai first..

High-speed LiFi internet coming to Dubai’s streetlights this year

This technology provides internet data over LED lights and it's 100 times faster than WiFi..
So I think, In this technology as well.. Dubai will get ranked first..

•••
what about new TLD .VIP?
it will be popular in UAE?

I have:
supercar.vip
helicopters.vip
UAEs.vip
transfer.vip
yachts.vip
3dhouse.vip
security.vip
comfort.vip
interior.vip
interiors.vip
avia.vip
advocate.vip
advocates.vip
advisors.vip
apartments.vip
architecture.vip
luxuries.vip
wellness.vip
etc.

•••
Maybe yacht, supercar, helicopter will do here. But i doubt the others.

•••
I was surprised to see that tires.ae sold for $25,428.00 USD a year ago. ;)

If I noticed the sale I forgot about it.

•••
I was surprised to see that tires.ae sold for $25,428.00 USD a year ago. ;)

If I noticed the sale I forgot about it.

Is that sale actually went through because I have doubt. The site is not developed yet and What any mobile trading company to do with tires , Yes ( The whois info showing data by the name of Mobile trading company ) There are so many suspicious sales in the market and Eventually no one proved a single sale yet.I know there is few good sale but I never bother to dig them up.

•••
Is that sale actually went through because I have doubt. The site is not developed yet and What any mobile trading company to do with tires , Yes ( The whois info showing data by the name of Mobile trading company ) There are so many suspicious sales in the market and Eventually no one proved a single sale yet.I know there is few sale but I never bother to dig them up.

Actually you'd need to contact namebio.com but from what I've seen and actually experienced with them you most show actual proof of the sale before it's listed.

•••
Actually you'd need to contact namebio.com but from what I've seen and actually experienced with them you most show actual proof of the sale before it's listed.
Yaa, That could be true but i think once domain purchase or auction ends they don't follow the trail that someone have actually paid that sum of amount or not..However that's my IMO. i don't have much experience or relation with namebio..

•••
Yaa, That could be true but i think once domain purchase or auction ends they don't follow the trail that someone have actually paid that sum of amount or not..However that's my IMO. i don't have much experience or relation with namebio..

You must provide proof, I've reported to them before. ;)

•••
•••
•••
I agree with @pokainc and @Shams. I'm running a startup based in Dubai and lots of the companies I work with (including really big and rich ones) are happy to work under domain names like CompanyNameSolutions-ME.Com / .ae / .me

Dubai and UAE is a huge market for lots of things, domain names is not one of them.
Where is you startup about?

•••
I don't have a lot of experience with after market domain names but, I do have a few registered, i.e., sheikhVIP.COM, DUBAIborn.com DubaiNature.com, and several other tourist related -dubaiVIPAir.com dubaiworldresorts.com, and a few cultural targeted names like arabpalacelife.com, sheikhcouture.com, dubaiCapital.com, etc.
I can tell you this much....the Arab professionals want absolutely NOTHING to do with any business transactions or associations with WOMEN. That's the first problem for me. Additionally, I have found that most flat out resent anyone that registers a dot com name that features any words used for example "Arab" "Dubai" "sheikh" etc. I am under the impression that the citizens of this area are self entitled to any use of domain names that describe the people, culture, commerce, or lifestyle. So if you own Dubai based dot com names....damn good luck to you selling them. I have ZILCH interest on names I KNOW are good, and I've had rude and indignant responses if any at all.

•••
do you like D U B A I ?

what words can you build out of D U B A I ?

starting with D :

DABIU

DABUI

DBAIU

DBAUI

DBIAU

DBIUA

DIABU

DIAUB.com available

DIBAU

DIBUA

DIUAB

DIUBA

DUABI

DUAIB.com available

DUBAI

DUBIA

DUIAB.com available

DUIBA

Dubai-Business-Setup-About.jpg

•••
Dubayy.net

Dubai (/duːˈbaɪ/ doo-BY; Arabic: دبي‎‎ Dubayy, Gulf pronunciation: [dʊˈbɑj]) is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
It is located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf and is the capital of the Emirate of Dubai, one of the seven emirates that make up the country. Abu Dhabi and Dubai are the only two emirates to have veto power over critical matters of national importance in the country's legislature.
The city of Dubai is located on the emirate's northern coastline and heads up the Dubai-Sharjah-Ajman metropolitan area. Dubai is to host World Expo 2020

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back