Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not take the 11 dollar risk?

Most people know little about domains and would be irate in that situation. It sounds like they had no time to make a decision, let alone to understand what the deal was. It's no wonder you can't explain the domain industry to a newb in the time it would take a good name do disappear, so why try? You are the pro! Be one! You say you want to help them, then put the $11 dollars down!

If he was irate that means he wanted it and he was irate at you because 'you sold him' on it. I think you could have made some quick cash. It looks like you lost an easy opportunity to make everyone happy at a reasonable price. After multiple calls demonstrating this persons need for your professional services it looks like you had more than one chance to turn it around and not drop the ball.

Why would you not step up to the plate? Put your money where your mouth is. This person doesn't even know or understand the rules or that a game is on already but you want him to swing while you are at bat?

There is a big difference between being helpful and trying to be helpful.

From this persons perspective it might have looked like you dangled the carrot and pulled it away on a string. You are the pro and it was foreseeable to you the name would disappear you could have made it easy for them and yourself. Be mad at yourself not the person you pissed off by trying to be "helpful".

A wise man once said: "If you see someone coming to help... RUN!"

It was fully predictable that some time would be required to simply decide you were not some scammer with some other agenda as we all get too many of those calls daily now.

I know I don't instantly trust people calling me trying to sell me on something for $11 bucks.

Last edited:
•••
Really nice to see a .ca crack the DNJournal top 10! Oakridge $10k GoDaddy. Does anyone know more about the sale? (or have I missed it on NPs). Does not yet resolve. Oakridge malls in at least Vancouver area and London ON, and a community in Vancouver. Probably many other potential uses.

If it is someone on this thread who sold it, congratulations!

Bob

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

•••
•••
I see on the NameBio results that were just released (will be on the report in the morning) there are two more four figure .ca sales.

ULY for $3k
CUX for $1.5k

Both sales at Flippa.

Always nice to see some action in the .ca sales! Unless something else is added before release in the morning .ca will take the top two spots in the country code category in the report.

Bob

•••
Really nice to see a .ca crack the DNJournal top 10! Oakridge $10k GoDaddy. Does anyone know more about the sale? (or have I missed it on NPs). Does not yet resolve. Oakridge malls in at least Vancouver area and London ON, and a community in Vancouver. Probably many other potential uses.

Bob

That is a great price for Oakridge. I can only assume it’s an end user. It’s also nice to see some nice sales of .ca names as of late. Maybe it’s early Christmas presents. :xf.smile:

•••

He's a Calgary realtor, he's bought some domains from me in the past (homesforsale.ca and condosforsale.ca), and still occasionally bugs me about a few other domains I own that I don't want to sell. I've seen him sell another geo domain before too. I think as a realtor he's able to convince other realtors to take the plunge and spend some money for a good domain - so its a way for home to flip domains. Most of the time realtors are cheap as hell, so I'm glad to see him convince some others to open their wallets.

•••
I see on the NameBio results that were just released (will be on the report in the morning) there are two more four figure .ca sales.

ULY for $3k
CUX for $1.5k

Both sales at Flippa.

Thanks for posting those, and do you, or anyone else, know if these were Offers or BINs?

Flippa is a very different marketplace for .CA (and domains in general), and I'm trying to get a handle on the best strategies to employ there.

•••
Anyone interested in KEC.CA? It's sitting in auction at $200, next bid $250.

•••

Bob

I have personally paid way more than that on quite a number of .ca acquisitions.
I don't report those anymore but I continue to offer large sums of cash for exclusive .ca properties.

•••
•••
•••
I don't report those anymore but I continue to offer large sums of cash for exclusive .ca properties.

And my inbox is empty... go figure. :xf.grin:

•••
He's a Calgary realtor, he's bought some domains from me in the past (homesforsale.ca and condosforsale.ca), and still occasionally bugs me about a few other domains I own that I don't want to sell. I've seen him sell another geo domain before too. I think as a realtor he's able to convince other realtors to take the plunge and spend some money for a good domain - so its a way for home to flip domains. Most of the time realtors are cheap as hell, so I'm glad to see him convince some others to open their wallets.

Thanks so much for the background @rlm It is always most effective to promote what we know / have connections in, so sounds like he is being effective doing that. I see that it still does not direct anywhere, but I wonder if the oakridge name will be used by http://www.oakridgerealtors.net/? Oakridge is so widely used in different cities could see the competition desiring it needed to get a good price.

•••
Thanks for posting those, and do you, or anyone else, know if these were Offers or BINs?

I don't really know any details, but I was able to see that they had been listed for a $3000 BIN (each) in (I think) a fixed price listing, without selling at that. Then today they end up showing on NameBio at this price Perhaps others can add details re how Flippa post sales work (I have never tried to sell there).

Bob

•••
Thanks so much for the background @rlm I see that it still does not direct anywhere, but I wonder if the oakridge name will be used by ...

Who knows, time will tell. I've sold many names only to see them go unused for many months or even years. Sometimes buyers get all excited with the idea, then realize its a lot of work. I can think of one domain off the top of my head that I sold over 8 years ago - it still has my nameservers on it!

•••
Looks like Mattamy.ca sold to Mattamy Homes.

I remember seeing this on the TBR list earlier this year (it went real late, like 70's or 80's), as I hate TM domains and the companies tend to be psycho-lawyer-crackheads in general, but it looks like the risk paid off for someone.

Either that or the lawyers got him or her.

•••
No change in KEC.CA, still at $200 - it may explode at the end, but I was a bit surprised to see it hit a post-auction.

•••
•••
81 .CA domains taken, all 3 of our Top Picks went in the top 10, but some very strange ones right at the top:

First Pick: GFJ.CA - must be a company wanting that, right? The only thing I could find was Good Food Junction (GFJ) but they closed down.
Second Pick: PalomaDawkins.ca - a Canadian artist who looks like she let it drop.
Fourth Pick: DONER.ca - Did they think it was DONOR or is it for a Shawarma restaurant?

In terms of the Top 10 picks, Sibername won this week with 3 (and early ones - 1, 5 & 6), though Pool also got 3 (but later ones - 3, 7 & 10), and MyID took 2 (8 & 9).

Last edited:
•••
•••
ok boys girls regged my 1st ever ca dashed name today... hope there is at least one dashed ca sale in history of this extnsion.. and well... that mine will be the 2nd one....hahahhha

crypto-currency
.ca

•••
ok boys girls regged my 1st ever ca dashed name today... hope there is at least one dashed ca sale in history of this extnsion.. and well... that mine will be the 2nd one....hahahhha

crypto-currency
.ca

I am not a fan of hyphen related domains but I really like this one. I think it suits the name perfectly. I’m kinda surprised it was available for a hand reg.

•••
I am not a fan of hyphen related domains but I really like this one. I think it suits the name perfectly. I’m kinda surprised it was available for a hand reg.

ya bit suprised too
taken in some 100 tlds is never bad sign.. and plural on .ca taken too

lets hope for best.....and expect worst hahahah

Last edited:
•••
who bought vica.ca off of me? I have someone who is interested in it.

•••
I am looking to register a few .ca. Am I correct that Rebel at $4.50 has the best deal on now, or is there something else. WHC have one at $1 but it does not apply to me as an existing customer. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back