Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just remind me of "text" talk/acroymns...
CHaRGeD (the small missing letters, my brain automatically filled in"
if it was CHRG probably first thought (decipher) would be CHaRGe
Interesting read about the brain
https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/why-your-brain-can-read-jumbled-letters

typo.jpg

"the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole

I know all about our brains deciphering entire words with mixed up or jumbled letters, but how is this an example of MISSING letters? That's a whole other ballgame and relates to phonetics.

•••
but how is this an example of MISSING letters? That's a whole other ballgame and relates to phonetics.

Well, how else can I explain it ..I seen CHRGD and thought Charged.

I know all about our brains deciphering entire words with mixed up or jumbled letters,
You may know it BUT others might not ...
(a) members lurking the thread
(b) guests https://www.namepros.com/online/?type=guest
(c) robots https://www.namepros.com/online/?type=robot

please don't assume that I just post for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone else getting an increase in traffic to their "cannabis" niche (dot)ca's lately?
I have been getting traffic and a few offers (way more than one month ago) but the "offers" are real "lowball" ones for the domains of mine that I sure won't let go for cheap..and the ones that I let go for cheap are getting traffic but no offers...guess everyone a bargain hunter! But I strongly believe time on my side...

•••
Well, how else can I explain it ..I seen CHRGD and thought Charged.

I realize that, I was just explaining that the example you cited has nothing to do with the CHRGD name. For it to be applicable, the domain name would have to be something like:

CAHGRED or CARGHED

You may know it BUT others might not ...

Again, missed point - CHRGD is MISSING LETTERS relying entirely on PHONETICS, while something like CARGHED is JUMBLED LETTERS the relies on your mind reassembling them. Two totally different things.

Last edited:
•••
•••
How do you (quickly) get Charged from CHRGD? Seriously, it's not a clear phonetic, and the best comparison would be Che-Reg-De. (n):-P

Maybe it's just me, but I automatically read it as 'Charged' as well

•••
•••
•••
movu(dot)ca

4 offers in 3 months

hmmm, wonder what is happening there

I saw movi.ca on @DomainRecap 's list and that reminded me of mine.

Highest offer I had on mine was 3.5k but I don't sell under 5k so it's stuck until someone sees the value.

Last edited:
•••
Again, not the point guys.

I was just outlining that providing scientific data on how our minds reassemble JUMBLED letters has absolutely no bearing on how we handle MISSING letters, i.e. phonetics.

Nothing to do with difficulty, just different - like those hidden images - I can shift my eyes and see them all immediately - it drives people who can't see them crazy. Just different ways our minds work.

I got CHRGD as CHARGED too, I just thought it was a stupid name with poor phonetics and too many letters missing - would have preferred CHARGD myself, but I think someone owns that as well and Disney was obviously playing cheap.

•••
I saw movi.ca on @DomainRecap 's list and that reminded me of mine.

Personally, I thought that was an excellent TBR pickup - a 4-letter pronounceable that emulates a popular word and could also be used an an acronym. No brainer.

•••
Almost time for the TBR Leftovers Gold Rush, which this week contains a lone LLL and more than a few surprising single-words that remain untouched.

•••
•••
Again, not the point guys.

I was just outlining that providing scientific data on how our minds reassemble JUMBLED letters has absolutely no bearing on how we handle MISSING letters, i.e. phonetics.

Nothing to do with difficulty, just different - like those hidden images - I can shift my eyes and see them all immediately - it drives people who can't see them crazy. Just different ways our minds work.

I got CHRGD as CHARGED too, I just thought it was a stupid name with poor phonetics and too many letters missing - would have preferred CHARGD myself, but I think someone owns that as well and Disney was obviously playing cheap.

I konw waht you mean! It’s werid how our brians work! Jubmled wrods beocme un-jubmled!

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
🤪

•••
Interesting read about the brain
https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/why-your-brain-can-read-jumbled-letters

typo.jpg

"the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole

I konw waht you mean! It’s werid how our brians work! Jubmled wrods beocme un-jubmled!

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
🤪
Deja Vu....
~~~~~~

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far, I made a smart move..redirecting all my "junk Cannabis (dot)ca's" to a affiliate offer...way more money than "parking" ...

Even if I average $50 a month on all of them..that's $600 a year, which is good considering they were regged for under "$12.00" and 75% aren't a year old!

I like thinking "outside the igloo"..

Last edited:
•••
Is Sibername changing how they report TBR results? This week they are only showing 25 results and they are all Sibername catches.

https://www.sibername.com/tbr/results.php?date=2018/10/03

Maybe it's a glitch? There's no way only 25 names were caught and that Sibername got them all, right?

Last edited:
•••
It was a glitch. I emailed them and it was just a thing this week... or that’s what they told me

•••
It was a glitch. I emailed them and it was just a thing this week... or that’s what they told me

Yeah, I found it odd that Myid didn’t catch anything! They are always in the top 5 somewhere.

Does anyone know if Pool even catches anything anymore?

•••
used my last rebel 4$ promo on

marketing strategies
.ca

looks like namespro promo gone.. wouldn't mind picking up 2-3 more offthis list.. oh well..

cheers

Last edited:
•••

Yep, that's why I mentioned rapidregister.ca as a source this week.

•••
Yeah, I found it odd that Myid didn’t catch anything! They are always in the top 5 somewhere.

MyID took in the top 3 selections, and Pool.com was 4th and 5th.

•••

They caught sure.ca about a month ago. They use numbered companies in the TBR.

•••
Got snow-bombed in the Rockies this week. Very spotty cell phone reception.

Saw another interesting name: sympli.ca I'm assuming they handregged the .ca and then their success allowed them to acquire the .com as its 15 years old.

I don't know what the category name would be for these types of domain names. I guess "brandable" is the best descriptor, but that's very general.

Anyway, I posted about chrgd.ca and sympli.ca because I'm seeing more and more (possibly exponentially) of these types of names in my travels throughout Western Canada. These are on billboards and retail signs, vehicle graphics etc. Especially vehicle window graphics and car wraps.

What I'm not seeing are more "traditional" names. I don't know if this is a "millennial thing or a "we can't afford a real name" thing. It's as clear as day to me which names have value to the current crop of marketing professionals. Made-up stuff like "zenabis" is far more prevalent than more traditional branding. I can't think of a company younger than 40 years that's using anything like "monarch" "royal" or "dominion".

Am I out to lunch or is this something that all of you are seeing as well?

•••
I can't think of a company younger than 40 years that's using anything like "monarch" "royal" or "dominion".

Am I out to lunch or is this something that all of you are seeing as well?
I just think we are becoming more Americanized...

•••
I don't know if this is a "millennial thing or a "we can't afford a real name" thing.

It's a bit of the former but a lot of the latter, as many domainers have been in negotiations to sell premium 1-word names, but it falls through, and the startup chooses a phonetic version similar to that name instead for much less.

Basically, it's hip (20%) and CHEAP (80%).

For example, if the owner of SIMPLY.COM offered to give it to SYMPLI.CA for FREE early on in their startup phase, you could bet they'd jump at it and that's what the company would be named. No need to spell it out to people for email or for radio ads, as everyone knows how it's spelled, while there can be a lot of problems with these phonetic hipster sites that sound like real words but are spelled differently.

But SIMPLY.COM is a high 6-figure domain (or more) and not many companies can afford it, so they go to the next lower tier, and the next lower tier and the next.... looking for something they can afford.

P.S. I refer to these as pronounceables, as there is a large variety of domain types that can are referred to as "brandable".

Last edited:
•••
It's a bit of the former but a lot of the latter, as many domainers have been in negotiations to sell premium 1-word names, but it falls through, and the startup chooses a phonetic version similar to that name instead for much less.

Basically, it's hip (20%) and CHEAP (80%).

For example, if the owner of SIMPLY.COM offered to give it to SYMPLI.CA for FREE early on in their startup phase, you could bet they'd jump at it and that's what the company would be named. No need to spell it out to people for email or for radio ads, as everyone knows how it's spelled, while there can be a lot of problems with these phonetic hipster sites that sound like real words but are spelled differently.

But SIMPLY.COM is a high 6-figure domain (or more) and not many companies can afford it, so they go to the next lower tier, and the next lower tier and the next.... looking for something they can afford.

P.S. I refer to these as pronounceables, as there is a large variety of domain types that can are referred to as "brandable".

Pronounceables is a good catch all. But it needs a url shortener maybe prncablz?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back