IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Torontovr.com is at uniregistry. It's a waste of a registration.

Yup I own MapleVR.com and MapleVR.ca

Will be dropping both this year, zero interest in VR for me.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys. I don't have Canadian presence, so I can't register .ca. I noticed nice domain names dropped today. Feel free to register them.

carcrash.ca
torontovr.ca
- I think this can be easily outbound marketed for $500-$1000. Lots of businesses in this field and many of them have waaay worse .ca names.

If you register and sell big, send me a postcard ;)
Canadian presence can be "leased"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for thinking of us, Canadians!
If you want a postcard from Canada (Northern Ontario), send me your address in a PM and I will gladly send you one!

•••

And they aren't bad names per se, either are the torontovr ones. It's the premise of regging a name for the purpose of outbounding to get $500 is where the flaw is. That just isn't time or reward efficient.

If regging for the purpose of showcasing on a marketplace that eyeballs are brought to, then those are probably worth registering and keeping for 2-5 years.

•••
No idea on specifics, but at least between $50 and $200 for the end user sales, with some of them on the higher-end due to TBR results placement.

The key difference is that these lower-end LLL's went from not selling on the TBR to selling in the Top 20 on the TBR. I would never tell people how to spend their money, but it's still a very disturbing trend and I really hope the buyers have done their research on .CA market trends and previous sales data.

Can't disagree more strongly. I always come down on the side of scarcity driving value. As long as you can hand reg or pick up cheap 3l's at the tbr the extension will always be considered discount. This applies to the awkward spellings of stuff like paintr and simpli, etc.

Run the well dry, then make your money.

•••
Can't disagree more strongly. I always come down on the side of scarcity driving value.

Scarcity is never the primary driver of value, it only works by *increasing* value if demand increases. It's the same in any commodities or collectibles marketplace, where extremely rare items sell for nothing because no one wants them and common items go for top dollar because everyone wants them.

For example, I have seen many premium LLL.ca domains sell for more than low-end LL.ca domains.

I've been working in the LLL market for a long time, and personally, the low-end section is the most overvalued of any .CA domains. Many of the crap LLL's were sitting unregistered less than a year ago, but now suddenly everyone is willing to pay $50-$200 or more for XJZ.ca, XLJ.ca or ZYW.ca.

•••

he meant vr for vacation rentals
making torontovr decent

maplevr has no value for virtual reality
but maybe as something brandable for vacation rentals.. and canadian...if you'd get real lucky...id not renew though

cheers

Last edited:
•••
he meant vr for vacation rentals
making torontovr decent

maplevr has no value for virtual reality
but maybe as something brandable for vacation rentals.. and canadian...if you'd get real lucky...id not renew though

cheers

Hence the issue, vacationrental is great but vr does not really say anything and is too easily mistaken for virtual reality.

Regardless of meaning I would not buy over reg fee because we could buy up the dictionary of cities.

ie.. vancouvervr, edmontonvr etc

In the end there would be a lot of money spent for little return.

•••
Hence the issue, vacationrental is great but vr does not really say anything and is too easily mistaken for virtual reality.

Honestly, when I see VR I *only* think of Virtual Reality.

•••
Interesting discussion. I admit, my first thought was Virtual Reality when I see the word, but Vacation Rental totally makes sense too. I guess the word before it helps which is implied (I know stating the obvious), like modernVR would imply the tech meaning to me whereas luxuryVR or frugalVR the vacation one. Cities could work for either, with the tech meaning a virtual tour of the main parts of the city (limited potential customers obviously) while the vacation meaning has obvious multiple applications If I was starting a new vacation rental business I can see having ALL of the main city domains might be great, but having some but not others would not be helpful. Anyway, Sunday morning reflections from a relative newbie. Thanks for the conversation on the topic.

•••
Scarcity is never the primary driver of value, it only works by *increasing* value if demand increases. It's the same in any commodities or collectibles marketplace, where extremely rare items sell for nothing because no one wants them and common items go for top dollar because everyone wants them.

For example, I have seen many premium LLL.ca domains sell for more than low-end LL.ca domains.

I've been working in the LLL market for a long time, and personally, the low-end section is the most overvalued of any .CA domains. Many of the crap LLL's were sitting unregistered less than a year ago, but now suddenly everyone is willing to pay $50-$200 or more for XJZ.ca, XLJ.ca or ZYW.ca.

A real world example:
DeBeers cornered the supply of diamonds. We now know that diamonds aren't actually that rare and can even be made in a lab. However, as DeBeers controlled the supply and didn't let any escape the PERCEPTION is that diamonds are rare. Then rather than waiting around for demand to develop, they took the bull by the horns and brilliantly marketed their product to the consumer.

"We have this great rare product that proves your love to your woman, and did we mention how rare it is?"

The price of their product skyrocketed, and all the other gemstone values got pulled along. This can be repeated in the 3l market...and frankly should be repeated.

Paying $50-$200 for XJZ will only increase the value of the better quality names out there, and technically those are market prices.

Imagine, if you will, an actual, active consortium buying all of the 3l's and issuing a press release to The Financial Post stating that the last 3l has been registered and now can only be purchased through the aftermarket. The Consortium will of course "release" select 3l's to select Canadian businesses on a limited basis through such and such auction house... Scarcity, or the perception of scarcity, drives value.

If the purchasers of these low quality 3l's are waiting for Xander,Jefferies and Zabinowich to start a law firm then you are correct and they will bleed.

•••
If the purchasers of these low quality 3l's are waiting for Xander,Jefferies and Zabinowich to start a law firm then you are correct and they will bleed.

That is exactly what I am saying, and my other comments were in regards to actual scarcity as an economic factor, not billionaire cartels artificially limiting supply through unethical and often illegal means. Demand is always the key element, and supply is just a modifier - if the demand for diamonds fell precipitously, then DeBeers et al would all go out of business, no matter how they manipulated supply, but since there is significant demand, then creating a supply imbalance results in higher prices and profits.

Remember that guy who tried the same thing with Silver? Didn't work out so well for him, did it?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting discussion. I admit, my first thought was Virtual Reality when I see the word, but Vacation Rental totally makes sense too. I guess the word before it helps which is implied (I know stating the obvious), like modernVR would imply the tech meaning to me whereas luxuryVR or frugalVR the vacation one. Cities could work for either, with the tech meaning a virtual tour of the main parts of the city (limited potential customers obviously) while the vacation meaning has obvious multiple applications If I was starting a new vacation rental business I can see having ALL of the main city domains might be great, but having some but not others would not be helpful. Anyway, Sunday morning reflections from a relative newbie. Thanks for the conversation on the topic.

there are ample vr vacation rental sales around..so its not an if... the if is the kw before vr and extension

vr for vacation rental been round 4ever

•••
A real world example:
DeBeers cornered the supply of diamonds. We now know that diamonds aren't actually that rare and can even be made in a lab. However, as DeBeers controlled the supply and didn't let any escape the PERCEPTION is that diamonds are rare. Then rather than waiting around for demand to develop, they took the bull by the horns and brilliantly marketed their product to the consumer.

"We have this great rare product that proves your love to your woman, and did we mention how rare it is?"

Did you recently listen to a podcast about the diamond industry too? :)

•••
•••
Demand is always the key element, and supply is just a modifier - if the demand for diamonds fell precipitously, then DeBeers et al would all go out of business, no matter how they manipulated supply, but since there is significant demand, then creating a supply imbalance results in higher prices and profits.

Remember that guy who tried the same thing with Silver? Didn't work out so well for him, did it?

You make my point. The demand for diamonds didn't "just happen". DeBeers created it. First they choked off the supply, then they created the demand by stating that these incredible,beautiful objects that prove you love your woman are incredibly rare and very difficult and expensive to get.

In 3l's and other .ca categories, as long as CIBC can go to the well and $10 handreg simpli.ca then their will be limited demand for any but the best 10%-15% of domain names.

Unless someone steps in and dries out the well.

•••
You make my point. The demand for diamonds didn't "just happen". DeBeers created it.

You do realize that diamonds have been objects of value (both for their beauty and industrial uses, just like today) for about 2,400 years, right? And that DeBeers was only formed 130 years ago.

If DeBeers "created" the demand for diamonds, then they have a time machine.

What they did, as I stated earlier, was to manipulate *existing* demand using supply-side tactics.

Also:

"A man presents his prospective bride with an engagement ring upon acceptance of his marriage proposal. Anthropologists believe this tradition originated from a Roman custom in which wives wore rings attached to small keys, indicating their husbands' ownership.

In 1477, Archduke Maximillian of Austria commissioned the very first diamond engagement ring on record for his betrothed, Mary of Burgundy. This sparked a trend for diamond rings among European aristocracy and nobility."

Like everything else, current diamond producers have used current marketing techniques to increase demand, but diamond engagement rings were a trend long before Cecil Rhodes was an itch in his daddy's pants.

Last edited:
•••
Nope. It's a well known example.

I know, just got done listening to a podcast about this subject. Had it fresh on the mind

•••
The Hunts Brothers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Bunker_Hunt

Hindsight is 100%..what if their plan worked...

What if the ad was never posted..(" Tiffany's took out a full page ad in The New York Times, condemning the Hunt Brothers and stating "We think it is unconscionable for anyone to hoard several billion, yes billion, dollars' worth of silver and thus drive the price up so high that others must pay artificially high prices for articles made of silver".[1]")

They took a big gamble and lost...

Yeah maybe "LLL's" are not so hot today ...but in five years?

Like I mentioned earlier it takes a certain mind set to invest in LLL/NNN and other CCC..

•••
Lurked a members signature..

More what if's...
Let say in a few years/months, Cira changes it Canadian rule...according this guide http://www.3character.com/price-guide.html..

"Chinese and Global Markets"..With this new and emerging market, letter quality is very different than in much of the western world. Preferred letters are B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T. W, X, Y, Z. Vowels are considered mildly valuable. The letter V is considered lower quality..."

The domain listed here is premium....
http://www.findyour.ca/search/?keyword=hky

Again it takes a certain mindset...statistics, to me are yesterday news..I speculating on the future (like most domainers)..

Just my opinion..

•••

@MapleDots I will take MapleVR (.) com off your hands if your wanting your reg fee back? PM me if you want to get rid of it. (y)

•••
@MapleDots I will take MapleVR (.) com off your hands if your wanting your reg fee back? PM me if you want to get rid of it. (y)

It's paid for until April 2019 and I usually don't renew unless the domain gets a certain amount of type in traffic. So far it has been minimal and if no bites by then you are welcome to it. Until then it is my policy to hold.

•••
So long boring story short...took one of my "CBD" niche .ca's and started a ad campaign..

"Attention American Friends!
Selling CBD products?
Looking for a looking for a Canadian presence in the growing CBD Industry
(link removed)
Can be yours to lease yearly!

More content...
Contact.."

Should I be contacted.."blah blah blah, I can redirected (Link) to your domain/affilaite/Youtube/etc..."

•••
Yeah maybe "LLL's" are not so hot today ...but in five years?

Listen, you're preaching to the choir, and as I've stated may times, the only potential issue I have is that right now people seem to be "investing" $50-$200+ to purchase dropped, junk LLL.ca domains that were only picked up during a Rebel/GD/CIRA $0.99-$1.99 sale, and then dropped a year later.

If you really wanted to "invest" then there were tons of junk LLL domains freely available for register back then, and still are today. Buy low, sell high, not buy high, lose your shirt.

I really think some newbies are extrapolating the .COM LLL market onto the .CA market, which is a huge mistake.

•••
If you really wanted to "invest" then there were tons of junk LLL domains freely available for register back then, and still are today. Buy low, sell high, not buy high, lose your shirt.
Who is this "you" ("If you really wanted to "invest") ...If you are not talking down to me, I really believe the word, "you" should be "someone" (or something similar)...

Pretty sure if you had some LLL, you be hyping them up!!!

•••
So long boring story short...took one of my "CBD" niche .ca's and started a ad campaign..

"Attention American Friends!
Selling CBD products?
Looking for a looking for a Canadian presence in the growing CBD Industry
(link removed)
Can be yours to lease yearly!

More content...
Contact.."

Should I be contacted.."blah blah blah, I can redirected (Link) to your domain/affilaite/Youtube/etc..."
Who is this "you" ("If you really wanted to "invest") ...If you are not talking down to me, I really believe the word, "you" should be "someone" (or something similar)...

Pretty sure if you had some LLL, you be hyping them up!!!

Relax Mr Coffee, "You" is the pronoun for *both* second person singular and plural, and it's obviously the latter example I was using. As in telling a group of thugs casing your store that "You (collective) had better leave before I call the cops."

And I've already done this "buy junk bulk LLL for 99-cents and then try to sell them" many times and after years of flogging them, I have come to the decision that there is little to no demand for something like XZJ.ca - a lot of the junkers being scooped up in TBR are my old 99-centers that I dropped, and I am only concentrating on mid-range to semi-premium LLL right now and I am keeping all those.

I have some nice LLLs I've picked up through the years, and some okay LLLs I got in 2016-2017, but I am staying far away from the low-end of the market, especially as the Chinese CHIP market (essentially the only buyers for this stuff) has long since sailed and even .COM prices are dropping.

P.S. I should really just shut my mouth and instead of trying to help, just let people do as they please - I did the same thing when I got out of Bitcoin at $12-$15K and stated that with my past life experience of getting out of speculative markets just a bit too early, that $20-$25K was the absolute max value BTC would hit and to GTFO well before then - a lot of angry people after those comments and from others who felt the same, especially when it melted down at ~$20K.. :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back