IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is anyone in a little bit of a dry spell over the past month or so?

I still get offers and counters, but none are really serious and haven't been turning into sales. It's like mid-Oct-Nov was when the pandemic really hit home (CERB ended in Oct) and became "real" for a lot of businesses - for example, there are no .CAs listing on NameBio since Tonal.ca on Oct 27... :xf.frown:

Not saying none have sold, but it's often a good micro-indicator of the overall market. For example, there are seven .CA sales for Oct but zero almost halfway through November.

P.S. RLM, if you've had any big sales in November, now is the time to post them!

Last edited:
•••
Can't access GoDaddy auctions right now - anyone else having the same issue?

An error has occurred, the development staff has been notified. We apologize for any inconvenience.

EDIT: Just confirmed with GoDaddy Support that it's a total system-wide outage and nothing region-isolated or account-specific.

Last edited:
•••
I noticed large outages with image hosting, webhosting and other services.

I think there might be something going on with cloudflare or something.
A ton of websites seem sluggish to respond for me today.

•••
Thanks, but just terrible timing as I have multiple GD offers from last night to reply to (including a serious one) and 30+ domains to add from the last few TBR runs. And because of their DNS authorization code, I can't really do anything until GD pops back on.

Also, as mentioned in another thread (https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-auction-site-down.1216263/) GD does work in Chrome Incognito mode, and I was finally able to get in and reply to some offers.

Last edited:
•••
is myid down for anyone else on here first time i've seen them down this year

•••
November 2020: The worst month for .CA domain sales in the history of mankind.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but all I have is a big collection of lowballs, with zero highballs and zero sales so far. Zero new.CA sales on Namebio as well. And we could be heading back to a lockdown... Brrr...

•••
So I guess the number one this week at 450 is ati followed by toystore at 400 so far

Last edited:
•••
Decidedly off-topic but if anyone here owns a PS5 and can help a guy out, PM me. My Nov 12 PO is delayed (again) and I'm trying not to miss out on the freebee PS4 game offer (which apparently ends in Dec).

To remain helpfully semi-on-topic, someone just dropped a massive pile of LLLs (circa 2004) on the TBR for next week. I guess a domain investor got tired of carrying them, and though I didn't see any premiums, there might be some gems hidden in there somewhere.

Last edited:
•••
Well, it looks like ATI.ca hit $788 as a final bid on NP and is at similar levels on the other sites - ToyStore.ca is up there, but there is really nothing else close in terms of demand.

MyID certainly has the edge, but don't count Siber out yet.

Pretty sedate week for me, and as .CA sales seem to be in the toilet, I'm eyeballing maybe 5-7 domains and will probably win none of them.

And without further ado:

Last edited:
•••
And as expected, ATI,ca goes to MyID... dot-ca gets ToyStore.ca and MyID returns to snag Pewter.ca and Dionne.ca.

WTH? Did Siber drop the ball yet again? It looks like it, as I don't see them anywhere.... Grrrr. Who the hell is running the show over there, a barrel of monkeys?

Last edited:
•••
Results are up and it looks like Siber got the first 2 picks (Moat.ca and Junex.ca (???)) and then MyID swooped in for ATI.ca and with Siber's TBR system apparently melting down (I know that Moat was not even close to ATI in terms of bid $$$), proceeded to win 16 of the next 17 picks.

16 of 17... Let that sink in for a bit.

Last edited:
•••
I can't believe someone paid $4000 + HST to win ATI .ca - will be beyond tough to make a profit at that price. After watching TBR auctions at MyID for the past 6 months, it's my opinion that .ca investors are overpaying substantially considering how tough .ca are to sell. If you own keyword .ca and ask too much, the end user will just register CanadaKeyword.com, KeywordCanada.com, etc. I would be surprised if even 10% of .ca auction investments these days have a positive expected value. Either Canadian domainers don't care about making money, are dumb and think they're making money paying these prices, or I'm dumb and don't understand the crazy end user sales they're all making and not reporting.

Auction prices for .com have gone up a lot this year too, but at least those have a more reasonable chance of selling and can always be liquidated to other domainers if needed. If a domain like ATI .ca doesn't sell, what domainer is going to buy it from the owner for more than $1k? I bought a 3L .ca earlier this year that's registered in almost as many extensions as ATI, and I paid $159 lol.

•••
Lots of companies that would be a great fit for ati.ca

I don’t know who ended up with it, but 2 end users battling for the name at TBR is a possibility and if so a great buy for them

•••
After watching TBR auctions at MyID for the past 6 months, it's my opinion that .ca investors are overpaying substantially considering how tough .ca are to sell.

Assuming these MyID auctions sell (and don't fall into someone's pocket) then I would definitely agree, as overall auction prices are way out of whack with the reality of selling them in the Canadian market. Canadian businesses are cheap as dirt and even firms worth 10's of millions refuse to spend on a pure brand .CA domain what would equate to less than the cost of a single radio campaign.

Now there are certainly exceptions, but I don't really think you can survive long in this biz continually paying 4-figures wholesale for .CA domains that may or may not ever sell, and even if they do, achieve any significant level of profit. The "big sales" amaze everyone, but few look at the tens of thousands of similar domains that go unsold for years, or decades, and may never sell.

The "buy very high and attempt to sell even higher" strategy might work with .COM, where the entire world is your market, but it doesn't work so well when limited to only Canada. I've said it many times before, but you can't take the lesson learned with .COM and try to directly apply them to .CA. Apples and oranges.

I also think that with the pandemic keeping a lot of people stuck at home, the CERB cash infusion, hordes of government workers collecting full pay while twiddling their thumbs (I have relatives at CRA who are not allowed to work), and the unemployed looking for a quick-cash "side hustle", a ton of new money is flying into domains and is leading to noticeable price inflation, especially at the top-end of the market.

I can guarantee one thing - this is not going to end well for some investors.

Last edited:
•••
I should also note that if you're investing in the ultra-premium .CA market, then you are essentially required to "buy high and sell higher", but the number of ultra-premiums that hit the TBR in a year I can count on a single hand.

•••
Well it looks like this week is the "War of the LLLs" with little else to recommend it, and as I'm not buying any more 3-letter domains and have upped my "minimum quality levels" for words, I am having a very hard time finding any domains to put on my preorder lists.

Oh well, more cash for next week, and good luck to all you LLL fanboys. MyID should have a 3-letter field day on Wednesday.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not usually a major buyer of generics, but what does everyone think of these two TBR options:

menswear.ca

mutualfund.ca

Last edited:
•••
Don't forget! WHC.ca has a Black Friday deal for $1.99 .CA domains - maximum 5 per account.

•••
•••
What is good way to participate in .ca domains for a Non Canadian?
Anybody else doing it?
Is there anything I can read up on?

•••
What is good way to participate in .ca domains for a Non Canadian?
Anybody else doing it?
Is there anything I can read up on?

You need to follow the Canadian Presence requirements:

If you don't fit any of these categories, you risk losing your domain and others are not allowed to hold the domain on behalf of you (many tried to find a solution for this, but nothing really worked so far as far as I know):

Individuals
  • Canadian citizen

• Permanent resident

• Legal representative

• Aboriginal peoples
Non-individuals
  • Corporation

• Trademark registered in Canada

• Association

• Educational institution

• Hospital

• Government
and let's not forget "her majesty the queen" :)

To properly do it, you would need to incorporate in Canada to hold your domains there, the cheapest and easiest to do this apparently is BC.

•••
To properly do it, you would need to incorporate in Canada to hold your domains there, the cheapest and easiest to do this apparently is BC.

Thanks.
Any idea how easy it is? Say compared to opening a Delaware corp in the US (just for comparison)
I just roughly know that Canada has many govt restrictions on employment, benefits, and so on.
Can I open a corp without any presence? Are there agents/firms who does this for a reasonable fee?

The question is not particularly for you..
Just want to know if any Non-Canadian in this thread have done this?

•••
Thanks.
Any idea how easy it is? Say compared to opening a Delaware corp in the US (just for comparison)
I just roughly know that Canada has many govt restrictions on employment, benefits, and so on.
Can I open a corp without any presence? Are there agents/firms who does this for a reasonable fee?

The question is not particularly for you..
Just want to know if any Non-Canadian in this thread have done this?

It's probably a little more complicated than a Delaware one. I know registrars that have done this, not sure about domain investors. As per Zak Muscovitch, I usually send people interested in this here:

https://www.incorporate.ca/
[email protected]

INC Business Lawyers
11871 Horseshoe Way #1103, Richmond, BC V7A 5H5

Phone: (604) 272-6960

•••
•••
nice whc promo
too bad only 5 max

i got...

givo
socialnet
pranayama
choker
uniko

11can tot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back