IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That’s what happens with some buyouts. They cut staffing.

Sure, but everybody?

More likely WHC is trying to amalgamate the support systems into one, but just doesn't have the technology that Siber had on the TBR end. So they don't do anything until they have that tech up and running.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, but everybody?
Nope. I would assume this wouldn’t be the case at Sibername. Maybe Eugene is off this week and they forgot to replace him. :)

Or he went to Jamaica and isn’t done his 14 day quarantine yet.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe Eugene is off this week and they forgot to replace him. :)

LOL, and that's exactly what I was thinking too. Eugene..... where are you???

f1b44ca45a069028ac615c80d9aa9a66.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Try going right to WHC.ca

They're chat functionality is pretty good and run by real people

•••
They're chat functionality is pretty good and run by real people

Their last message 18 minutes ago:

I am checking with them please wait for a moment.

Big update:

I am still checking with them.

Last edited:
•••
I'm just curious how the rest of you would handle this. Would you:

a) set a higher price than you would have since you have a clearly interested party.
b) set the same price you would have anyways and treat this guy like you would anyone else.
c) offer to cut the price in half due to the situation and be happy for the quick flip.
d) sell it at cost plus a very nominal return (say a couple hundred) - just for your time.
e) sell it at cost and be a nice guy.

I on purpose did not read everyone's reply until after I responded because I did not want to be influenced by what everyone else said. I wanted it to be truly a reflection of what I would do in this case.

I would have punched it into estibot and said they can have it for whatever value comes up plus my original acquisition cost. My reasoning for that is because as a businessman he would probably relate to an independent appraisal. I know, I know, not accurate but I got an offer on a domain a while back and it simply stated estibot value so you know people are looking at it.

Time is money and because this domain was only used as a forward it is not essential they have it to conduct business.
I think I would be all business on this one, if it were a small business and their only domain I would be more inclined to have compassion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Their last message 18 minutes ago:

I am checking with them please wait for a moment.

Big update:

I am still checking with them.

Oops. Guess something changed or the real people behind it are in another part of the world and more responsive at other times of the day. Because I'll admit that, even though my sample size is small, the few times I've used the chat it's been pretty quick

Last edited:
•••
the few times I've used the chat it's been pretty quick

They were fast in replying, it was the "contacting Siber support" that took forever - I also just got an email reply from Siber, but it was a form letter that didn't answer any of my questions or solve any of my issues.

WHC must have fired everyone at Siber but a single guy (my email reply was from Albert) running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

•••
Siber's office the minute they found out WHC had bought them:

CookedAromaticEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

As opposed to Bulent Turkoglu leaving the building:

6c163ee86c4abac252ed245713d603bb.gif

Last edited:
•••
I would have punched it into estibot and said they can have it for whatever value comes up plus my original acquisition cost. My reasoning for that is because as a businessman he would probably relate to an independent appraisal. I know, I know, not accurate but I got an offer on a domain a while back and it simply stated estibot value so you know people are looking at it.

First off, thanks to everyone that responded. I think the independent appraisal idea is a good starting point for the reasons mapledots mentioned.

I originally fired off a reply and a price to their initial inquiry. They replied back with the we'll discuss it internally along with the "we just lost it" story, so I had already given a price at that point. I was able to verify that they were the previous owner. I replied back saying I was sympathetic to their situation, but that I had also had an investment in time & money (the domain was bought in auction for XXX), but that I hoped we could come to a compromise where everyone ends up happy.

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear back and will respond accordingly. If they indicate the price is outrageous or that its only worth $XXX to them, then I'll use the independent appraisal idea to help set some expectations. It turns out an independent appraisal is about 64% of my original asking price anyways.

As most indicated, I too agree with a mom-and-pop-shop that it would be a zero profit strategy. Early this year I did that with a surname, it was used just for personal email, not even a business. I will qualify that by saying, that's true only for a mediocre domain. If it was a valuable premium, I have to admit I probably wouldn't be so nice. I would be sympathetic, but there's a big difference between losing out on $XXXX and $XXXXX.

In the end, a small but quick profit isn't a bad thing, even if its not my usual strategy. And that gives me a little more pocket changes to beat down DomainRecap in the auctions :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
And that gives me a little more pocket changes to beat down DomainRecap in the auctions :)

To be honest, I didn't even make much of an effort, so you probably robbed the house this week.

•••
•••
To be honest, I didn't even make much of an effort, so you probably robbed the house this week.

Nope, I didn't even bid on the one that went for $2600-ish, which I was a little surprised about. And I started making lunch and missed out on the end of another auction. Only picked up a couple for $xx . It really wasn't much to write home about anyways.

•••
•••
First off, thanks to everyone that responded. I think the independent appraisal idea is a good starting point for the reasons mapledots mentioned.

I originally fired off a reply and a price to their initial inquiry. They replied back with the we'll discuss it internally along with the "we just lost it" story, so I had already given a price at that point. I was able to verify that they were the previous owner. I replied back saying I was sympathetic to their situation, but that I had also had an investment in time & money (the domain was bought in auction for XXX), but that I hoped we could come to a compromise where everyone ends up happy.

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear back and will respond accordingly. If they indicate the price is outrageous or that its only worth $XXX to them, then I'll use the independent appraisal idea to help set some expectations. It turns out an independent appraisal is about 64% of my original asking price anyways.

As most indicated, I too agree with a mom-and-pop-shop that it would be a zero profit strategy. Early this year I did that with a surname, it was used just for personal email, not even a business. I will qualify that by saying, that's true only for a mediocre domain. If it was a valuable premium, I have to admit I probably wouldn't be so nice. I would be sympathetic, but there's a big difference between losing out on $XXXX and $XXXXX.

In the end, a small but quick profit isn't a bad thing, even if its not my usual strategy. And that gives me a little more pocket changes to beat down DomainRecap in the auctions :)

I think you're taking the right approach but I have had a somewhat bad experience when faced with a similar scenario.

I once bought a domain where the previous owner came back asking for it several months later. It was a 1-word surname domain, and the guy claimed he's owned it for decades and that he only used it as an email. I believe he did indeed own it, but I don't believe he ever used it in any shape or form.

Anyway, he offered me $200 and mentioned the .co sold for $250. He asked me to be "reasonable" given the price of the .co. I intended to sell the domain for 2-3k since there are a lot of companies (and people) with this name, but I felt a little bad so I eventually offered it for $300. The guy never accepted my offer and hasn't countered since. Something tells me if this domain was actually important to him, and that he did indeed use it as an email, he would have accepted the 300 or at least countered again.

I thought I was being reasonable and doing the right thing, but maybe i'm just a dick for not accepting his $200? I dunno but I haven't lost too much sleep over it.

•••
I thought I was being reasonable and doing the right thing, but maybe i'm just a dick for not accepting his $200? I dunno but I haven't lost too much sleep over it.

Yeah, I'd say you were more than reasonable. Continue to sleep well.

There's also those people who inquire saying "I just want it for family email, not a business", then of course you google them and see that they definitely want it for business...

•••
Only picked up a couple for $xx . It really wasn't much to write home about anyways.

I was mostly referring to Flagstone, Hymark, and Slipstream, which were the 3 I had my eye on, but no real desire to bid any of them up except Flagstone, which you won outright on dot-ca.

I'd bet money you got all 3.

Last edited:
•••
There's also those people who inquire saying "I just want it for family email, not a business", then of course you google them and see that they definitely want it for business...

My favorite one was recently when a company countered low with a "a small company like mine can't afford $X,XXX", to which I countered back at the same price. 2 minutes later they bought it.

•••
BTW, next week the TBR list is looking even worse than last week, if that's possible.

•••
•••
:cautious: [me googling how to file for a restraining order...]

It's not my fault we live in the Matrix - that's why I wanted Flagstone, as I see that selling mid-4-figures $4.3K to be exact) within the next year.

•••
It's not my fault we live in the Matrix - that's why I wanted Flagstone, as I see that selling mid-4-figures $4.3K to be exact) within the next year.

Is that USD or CAD? I just want to know exactly how much I can spend on next week's TBR :)

•••
.CA is going to blow up i think.

Some of my favs:
JustCBD.CA
OculusRIft.Ca
MarijuanaDoctors.CA
Pkers.CA

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back