Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought a number of .com and .ca's from Adam.
He is often spoken about in a negative way but with me has has been straight up with no bs.
I did a couple of transactions with AD as well years ago and the same, no issues here. I believe transaction wise, that hasn’t been the issue with him. There is a very prominent domainer who isn’t a fan of his to say the least but I have never had an issue.

He is mainly looking at 2 letter .ca's at the moment, I know he is aggressively buying them so he might be culling his oddball 3 numbers/letters.
I believe he did inquire about mine over a year or 2 years ago but he was offering a little lower than my expectations so I didn’t sell. He also sold a VERY good 2 letter .ca last year but the price was never released. It was easily a 5 (maybe 6) figure sale.

•••
He also sold a VERY good 2 letter .ca last year but the price was never released. It was easily a 5 (maybe 6) figure sale.

He told me but I'm not at liberty to say

I assume it's md(dot)ca you are talking about.

Last edited:
•••
I assume it's md(dot)ca
That is correct. :) I didn’t mention it because I wasn’t sure if he wanted the name made public. If there was no NDA involved, it would be great if he did make it public. Would be great for the business. But I’m assuming he has his reasons for not going public with it.

•••
I assume it's md(dot)ca you are talking about.

Whoa, I used to work for those guys when I was going to University.

At the time it was all mining and film scams designed to make use of all the Canadian tax breaks. There was no investment, it was just buy then wait til the moratorium period ended, and it was a mass sell to get the highest price before it tanked. The old guy in charge used to chain-smoke cigars in his office, even though it was non-smoking. Good times.

Two of my favorite client names; Doctor Doktor and Doctor Nurse.... oh yeah, and Doctor Kuntz.

Last edited:
•••
Just saw an ad for safetymasks.ca on CP24 (major news station in Ontario). Not a bad name considering it was only registered in February of this year.

•••
Just saw an ad for safetymasks.ca on CP24 (major news station in Ontario). Not a bad name considering it was only registered in February of this year.

Not direct enough for a TV campaign, they should have gone with CovidMasks, that page is parked and a bit of cash could probably have bought it.

Really kind of a mute point because masks are so ubiquitous right now that the window of opportunity has passed.

•••
that the window of opportunity has passed.
I wouldn’t say that but I believe they are much later to the game. They should have been doing these ads in the summer before the promised β€œsecond wave”. A lot of people get scared easily so they would have done very well late summer I believe.

•••
Really kind of a mute point because masks are so ubiquitous right now that the window of opportunity has passed.

There is a current shortage again, so if you _have_ quality inventory, you can sell them for a good markup.

Otherwise, I'd have to agree, they're ubiquitous and the big boys have a lock on incoming deliveries. I have facemask.ca myself, but despite the bump in traffic, there's no earnings because advertising for PPE products were banned at major places like google & facebook. This is likely due to pressure from governments who wanted whatever supply there was to go to emergency workers - not the public. Thanks to the media driven paranoia, public demand was driving prices way up and the gov't didn't want to compete. Then the scammers of course jumped on that opportunity like flies on shit. Google & Facebook then look bad as they profit from the scammers who advertise on their platforms. Their simple solution: ban advertising.

Visit facemask.ca - no advertisers. Google facemasks - no advertisers.

Thanks to my domain, I've also seen the traffic curve, its long ago peaked and declined. Traffic is down to less than 10% of its peak.

So I wouldn't say you can't make money selling facemasks online, but, you'd have to line up the supply and target a niche, and not have to rely on google or facebook advertising.

•••
Just thought of something and I never bothered to look into the last time the TBR was re-run...are the affected names just added to the next TBR or is/was there a chance that they could have been renewed at some point after last Wednesday?

Just thinking about the high value names where the owners were essentially given a bonus week to renew

•••
No, they were registered by the TBR winning registrar, then the CIRA deleted and then added them to this TBR.

I was looking at BK.ca to see what would happen, and I don't think these were ever able to be renewed by the old owner or hand-registered by a new one.

•••
•••
Another 3-worder dotca domain has sold for a pretty great price.

The last one was in August when TradeShowBooth.ca sold for 4000 USD (14 letters).

This time (yesterday), it was HearingAidClinics.ca for 5700 USD (17 letters).

I'm feeling both impressed and baffled. Goes to show you never know what might sell.

upload_2020-10-6_12-26-53.png

•••
Yeah, this market is pretty freaking random when it comes to sales, or as RLM says, you're buying lottery tickets not domains.

As for this particular one, it looks like a buyer woke up from a cryogenic sleep he's been in since 2006.

Last edited:
•••
$7500cad for a 3 worder... that's incredible

•••
This time (yesterday), it was HearingAidClinics.ca for 5700 USD (17 letters).

That should actually not be surprising because hearing aids are one of the highest profit margin items there are.
My mom spent 7k per hearing aid and they justified the cost to her by telling her it has an app.

I almost fell off my chair

PS. I know someone in the business and he said the gross markup margin on hearing aids is technically robbery of our elderly.

•••
I guess it comes down to negotiation techniques and staying firm on your price. We know which member who is good at that here. :)

Either way, it’s nice to see a name like that reported.

•••
PS. I know someone in the business and he said the gross markup margin on hearing aids is technically robbery of our elderly.

Sounds very similar to domain names.

•••

The difference being, domains are one of a kind (though they may be had in other extensions, ie. ca)

•••

Domains don't rob from the elderly who are on a fixed income.
I ended up covering my moms hearing aids and after incidentals it was 15k plus the subscription fee.
Batteries are also insanely priced.

On my parents fixed income they would have given away almost half a years retirement income to pay for them.
For me it was no big deal but for the average retired person it is a huge deal.

So basically the purchase of HearingAidClinics.ca represented only a small cost to the new domain owner.
With the high margins in that industry it is probably wise to start picking up some hearing aid domains!!!

•••

Thought of something else here....

In the industry Hearing Aid is virtually considered one word so technically within that industry this domain was a two word sale.

•••
probably wise to start picking up some hearing aid domains!!!
I actually inquired about hearingaids dot ca sometime last year and the current owner mentioned that he turned down an offer of $20K so if anyone wants to buy that one, you have an idea on what he is looking for.

•••
I guess it comes down to negotiation techniques and staying firm on your price. We know which member who is good at that here. :)

Either way, it’s nice to see a name like that reported.

Exactly, be firm on price, especially when you know your price isn't crazy and when the buyer can afford it if they really want it.

And like @MapleDots says, its a ridiculous margin business, damn near unethical. From the buyer's perspective - that price was chump change, so they probably didn't even shop around too hard looking for alternate domains (with a 3 worder, I'm sure they could have found a few). And I wouldn't be surprised if they buyer doesn't already own a few other hearing aid related domains. Chances are, they're already successful and they're just expanding so they know it's worth it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The difference being, domains are one of a kind (though they may be had in other extensions, ie. ca)

So are hearing aids...each brand is unique, but you can buy others that may not be as good as the best one. :)

•••
Thought of something else here....

In the industry Hearing Aid is virtually considered one word so technically within that industry this domain was a two word sale.

Yes, when it is a well known stand-alone product only known by the two-word variant, you might as well consider that as a one word. Price your inventory accordingly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back