IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that's crazy and must be disappointing to experience this first-hand.

Any idea where happened, or do we just chock it up to the usual "something happened that the Registrar decided might have lost them money"?

In the absence of any information anything I say would be pure speculation.

The name is marginal enough in my view that it doesn't hurt to walk away.

•••
Wow, almost 10K expired .CAs this week, and after plodding through most of it...

TatteredTidyAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

•••
Last edited:
•••
longest tbr-38 characters
-
economicdevelopmentleadershipinstitute.ca
-
now,now don't everybody push their way to the front,you'll all get a fair chance at it:ROFL:

•••
longest tbr-38 characters
-
economicdevelopmentleadershipinstitute.ca
-
now,now don't everybody push their way to the front,you'll all get a fair chance at it:ROFL:
Love to see the "CPC" on it..

•••
The .CA To Be Released (TBR) Weekly Picks for March 27 are online:

The overall .CA numbers are up significantly this week but the quantity and quality of the TBR domain names has not increased by a commensurate amount. In fact, the domain selection is decidedly mediocre this week and it seems we’ve been spoiled by these last few TBR lists. This time out, the best Top Picks we could find included...

Seth Rogen Smoked 5 Doobs Reading This

•••
The .CA To Be Released (TBR) Weekly Picks for March 27 are online:

Seth Rogen Smoked 5 Doobs Reading This

CIRA's top picks include:
Bankofme
Goosebusters
Findad
Forgiveme
Whodis
Thesockdoc
Safetyjuggling
Lawncrimes
Bassdropmusicfestival
Beavertown
Hockeyparents - Duhh, it has hockey in it.
Forcefitness - A nice accoutrement to whoever got Jedi last week.

Then they ask the question:

"Not inspired by our great ideas?"

Hard to take CIRA seriously.

Last edited:
•••
CIRA's top picks include:
Bankofme
Goosebusters
Findad
Forgiveme
Whodis
Thesockdoc
Safetyjuggling
Lawncrimes
Bassdropmusicfestival
Beavertown
Hockeyparents - Duhh, it has hockey in it.
Forcefitness - A nice accoutrement to whoever got Jedi last week.

Then they ask the question:

"Not inspired by our great ideas?"

Hard to take CIRA seriously.
Look to me like CIRA has a "Agenda" ..only logic that I can see to list as "top picks"

•••
113 went:xf.eek:...many that surprised me people went for as they probably would have just dropped and been available to register....one was a long hyphenated name:xf.confused:
.just my humble opinion.

•••
113 went:xf.eek:...many that surprised me people went for as they probably would have just dropped and been available to register....one was a long hyphenated name:xf.confused:
.just my humble opinion.

A lot of names in TBR’s that are actually picked up are crap! But I think some people like the “chase”. Or feel like them won something if they get a name from the TBR. It really is mind boggling.

•••
.just my humble opinion.

Yeah, once you get beyond the first few rounds, you're firmly into "gonna be available for registration/sale price" territory, and certainly all those "stragglers" we see every week, bunched at the end.

•••
I use Namespro to pick a lot of names at $20. Most of the names they get for me would likely get picked the following day. And sometimes I grab stuff that falls through.

Spent $20 to get authentik.ca last summer, sold it to an NP'r.
Spent $20 today to get authentix.ca. Will it sell? Probably.

I've seen fixauto.ca all over Western Canada. They have garages and mobile (breakdown) service. So when I see fixdrain.ca in the TBR-do you really think I'm going to let you hand-reg it?

I snagged capitalphoto.ca too. Ottawa,Victoria, Toronto,Edmonton,Halifax,etc. Lots of photographers to sell to.

I cant retire on any of these names, but selling 1%-2% of your stock every year only adds up if you have enough stock.

Like I said it's probable that one or more of those would be hand-regged by the time my crazy trucking schedule lets me get to the table. I know they aren't all winners, but I'm ahead doing it this way.

Not saying this is the only way or the right way, but its my way and it's working.

Tell us about your way.

•••
Everyone needs their own strategy that works for them, such as being cheap as dirt and hoping to scoop up as many shiny .CAs at sale registration prices as you can fit in your cart.

On that note, our .CA To Be Released (TBR) Results & Leftovers are online:

Late But Not Last

•••
I use Namespro to pick a lot of names at $20. Most of the names they get for me would likely get picked the following day. And sometimes I grab stuff that falls through.

Spent $20 to get authentik.ca last summer, sold it to an NP'r.
Spent $20 today to get authentix.ca. Will it sell? Probably.

I've seen fixauto.ca all over Western Canada. They have garages and mobile (breakdown) service. So when I see fixdrain.ca in the TBR-do you really think I'm going to let you hand-reg it?

I snagged capitalphoto.ca too. Ottawa,Victoria, Toronto,Edmonton,Halifax,etc. Lots of photographers to sell to.

I cant retire on any of these names, but selling 1%-2% of your stock every year only adds up if you have enough stock.

Like I said it's probable that one or more of those would be hand-regged by the time my crazy trucking schedule lets me get to the table. I know they aren't all winners, but I'm ahead doing it this way.

Not saying this is the only way or the right way, but its my way and it's working.

Tell us about your way.
Ice road trucker...
Anyway, majority of "drops" that I buy are basically for the history/backlinks, I redirect them to a affiliate offer that there niches works with (Amazon/ebay/etc)..when they stop making money, I generally drop them.

Last time I hand regged was about nine months before cannabis legalization. Wished I would have studied the niche and the legalization better, thought there would be head shops etc..

•••
Finally a .CA sale of $2K+ on Sedo, but it looks like just a US Firm picking up the .CA version.

The ccTLD section begins with the lone 5-figure sale in this area, as the 2-letter hs.at took home a nice 10,000 EUR payday. Other notable sales included...

See All the Juicy Sales!

•••
Break out the champagne or canadian craft beer:) I for see a pattern developing. Make dot ca great again:)

I will calm myself down now...

•••
Picture0003.png
Break out the champagne or canadian craft beer:) I for see a pattern developing. Make dot ca great again:)

I will calm myself down now...

Hmmm, two posts in 10 years, I had to take a screen shot to preserve the moment.

You win the prize :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 114540

Hmmm, two posts in 10 years, I had to take a screen shot to preserve the moment.

You win the prize :xf.laugh:

Thanks for that:) you have a keen eye and to be truthful I was hoping to avoid it until my comment count went up. It is tough enough to think of sweets every time I see your username:)

•••
•••
Thanks for that:) you have a keen eye and to be truthful I was hoping to avoid it until my comment count went up. It is tough enough to think of sweets every time I see your username:)

Wow, this is like seeing Halley's Comet twice in the same day! :xf.eek:

•••
The .CA To Be Released / TBR Weekly Picks for April 3 are now online:

The domain selection is actually below-average this week, and it’s even worse when you consider there are almost 10,000 names on the TBR list. Our Top Picks actually fare better than expected (but there is a huge drop-off), and these include...

Read This Before Trudeau Fires Me Too!

•••
Considering the political hijinks of the last several weeks, one wonders if it isnt time to firesale .ca's. Some of us might no longer meet the Canadian presence requirements 10 years out.

•••
Anybody in auction for anything? Apparently I’m in auction for onlinecreditcard.ca.

I received an email yesterday from Pool to let me know I’m in that auction. I didn’t backorder it this time around but I must have before as I didn’t delete it from my pool account so I’m guessing somebody won it before but let it drop again. I do not even remember when it expired last before this TBR.

•••
Anybody in auction for anything? Apparently I’m in auction for onlinecreditcard.ca.

I received an email yesterday from Pool to let me know I’m in that auction. I didn’t backorder it this time around but I must have before as I didn’t delete it from my pool account so I’m guessing somebody won it before but let it drop again. I do not even remember when it expired last before this TBR.

I would not buy that, way too long.

You can buy charge.ca here for 5k USD
https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/charge.ca

I offered CAD for this one but was turned down.
I will be a cold day in Hades before I pay USD when negotiating live with another domainer.

There is a middle man that is selling that one and he was asking 3k originally and as soon as I inquired he raised to 5k.

Kind of a noob if you ask me but nonetheless I wish him well (y)

•••
It's that mentality that everyone asks for 5k whenever I inquire because I've paid that for a lot of domains and I advertise that quite a bit.

I buy a lot of them incognito now and have amassed a number of them that I do not publish on my website so that the previous owners do not know it was me that purchased them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back