IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a few not recalled yet.... if even one or two slips through the cracks then all the credits and debits are worth it because I would have paid big for anyone of them.

•••
gd is locking them as soon as i reg 'em.they must have a list.you would think they would block the transaction altogether.
I think you are getting a pending-create status, which means they have to be activated at registry level. It seems like the noose is tightening for the forgotten few, hopefully some avoid a public hanging. I haven't received any refunds yet, domains are still in my account, but not even active.

•••
last night i regd two place names in the same purchase.immediately one was locked and the other went through.go figure.

•••
hey .ca fans

what u think about

rockingchair
.ca

would you renew it? nice specific product name... surely popular in canada.. and elsewhere... the plural in .ca is taken too.. not developed though.

would you renew? just thought I'd get some opinions.

PS

because I asked some renew views before.. as did some other.s. I decided to just open a brnad new thread for all cctld names to renew or not to renew.. similar to the fairly popular same thread about ngtlds.. feel free to post your names or check it out:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/re...ames-like-thanks-only-no-discussions.1123714/

Last edited:
•••
probably not.uni can't even move the com or the net.furniture store-no,retirement home -no.maybe a blog but people would just make up their own name.

•••
gd is locking them as soon as i reg 'em.they must have a list.you would think they would block the transaction altogether.

They don't have a list. When you try and register a domain, your registrar checks if it's available and registerable - they get a flag returned warning them that there are restrictions. So I believe its your registrar that hasn't figured out how to detect these and reject them. Some have - others haven't.

•••
hey .ca fans

what u think about

rockingchair
.ca

would you renew it? nice specific product name... surely popular in canada.. and elsewhere... the plural in .ca is taken too.. not developed though.

would you renew? just thought I'd get some opinions.
Personally, I would renew AND redirect to a affiliate URL (Amazon rocking chair page for example), do some marketing (Facebook etc) and if don't make at least renewal fees with 9 months (my rule of thumb, can be longer or shorter) I would.drop it, of course I would still try to sell it)

Nice thread you started.

•••
•••
TCP is at $750 now! Just over 2 hours to go! It will go for 4 figures. Just a matter of how much! Any guesses? I will say $1500.

•••
•••
•••
"
As far as running a candidate for the board that is small minded thinking. We should run an entire slate of domainer candidates to completely take over the board and steer it on a course of promoting the extension, adding value to their members (us) portfolios, ...and eliminating Canadian presence restrictions. Ima get my flameproof suit on now.

Judging from the last election results, the candidate would probably need about 420 votes to win the member slate vote. The domainer vote alone seems to be somewhere in the 60-120 votes range. It appears there are about 1,200 voters in the election. I think Zak Muscovitch was the closest one yet to run (and still not get elected). Chances could be much better if the candidate would be on the larger Nominating Committee Slate, but it seems you need extensive prior non profit experience in order to pass that hurdle.

PS: Thanks to @MasterOfMyDomains for pinging me, too.

Last edited:
•••
Judging from the last election results, the candidate would probably need about 420 votes to win the member slate vote. The domainer vote alone seems to be somewhere in the 60-120 votes range. It appears there are about 1,200 voters in the election. I think Zak Muscovitch was the closest one yet to run (and still not get elected). Chances could be much better if the candidate would be on the larger Nominating Committee Slate, but it seems you need extensive prior non profit experience in order to pass that hurdle.

I never knew that Zak Muscovitch even ran. If as you say there is a significant amount of domainers voting, this would be a good place to reach them.

In any case we need to get someone on that board to start promoting the value of the extension.

•••
I never knew that Zak Muscovitch even ran. If as you say there is a significant amount of domainers voting, this would be a good place to reach them.

In any case we need to get someone on that board to start promoting the value of the extension.

Yes, Zak did run. The domainer vote is too small to win, though.

Regarding the promotion of the extension and, CIRA is running a bunch of ads at the moment trying to do that - on CBC podcasts and together with the Beaverton in form of videos. Not sure how efficient that is, and that campaign is also focused on it being the Canadian brand, so it ties in with the presence requirements.

From what I can tell from the people that have been on the board and discussions surrounding the elections, a single board member has little influence over decisions. Ultimately the board's influence is limited, as it's mostly giving advise and direction to the business team, rather than getting involved in individual decisions.

•••
Yes, Zak did run. The domainer vote is too small to win, though.

Regarding the promotion of the extension and, CIRA is running a bunch of ads at the moment trying to do that - on CBC podcasts and together with the Beaverton in form of videos. Not sure how efficient that is, and that campaign is also focused on it being the Canadian brand, so it ties in with the presence requirements.

From what I can tell from the people that have been on the board and discussions surrounding the elections, a single board member has little influence over decisions. Ultimately the board's influence is limited, as it's mostly giving advise and direction to the business team, rather than getting involved in individual decisions.
Bill K put a big push a few years back, don’t think he won either ?

•••
Bill K put a big push a few years back, don’t think he won either ?

True, he ran once or twice and didn't get in either.

•••
I really don't think we need to totally abolish the Canadian Requirements, because honestly that would do more harm than good and negate any SEO advantage for Canadian firms, but like .US, .CO.UK and others, it could be opened up slightly to International companies directly doing business in Canada.

On another note, is there going to be a TBR results list going forward? I have emailed the CIRA, asked some Registars, etc. and I have heard nothing - usually I get a quick reply, and this is a bit concerning.

•••
I really don't think we need to totally abolish the Canadian Requirements, because honestly that would do more harm than good and negate any SEO advantage for Canadian firms, but like .US, .CO.UK and others, it could be opened up slightly to International companies directly doing business in Canada.

On another note, is there going to be a TBR results list going forward? I have emailed the CIRA, asked some Registars, etc. and I have heard nothing - usually I get a quick reply, and this is a bit concerning.
There are to many good keyword names sitting idle, not being used, for investors there is no value, you either have to hit a grand slam on every deal, or carry a large portfolio, either way very hard.

So how come no usernames are shown in bidding, server upgrades of all days, gosh darn it, I needed to go to the gym, my whole day is delayed.

Anyone get anything good?

I saw Shane went about $1K, BuyCannabis went close to $1.5K

Last edited:
•••
TCP was up over $800 when I checked last. I didn’t check after that.

•••
TCP was up over $800 when I checked last. I didn’t check after that.
I didn't see much action on TCP after that, could have been one more bid on it.

Last name I saw on the day was Locate.ca which was at around $4xx

I think BuyCannabis took home the prize of the highest price paid for all the auctions I saw.

Last edited:
•••
last night i regd two place names in the same purchase.immediately one was locked and the other went through.go figure.
BTW - I lost all of the domains from the CIRA "recall" yesterday too. There's one I'm arguing over though - as there is no reasonable justification for one of them to be reserved or restricted as it doesn't fit any of the categories of other restricted/reserved domains. I've replied to their "recall" notice and have requested a thoughtful response to my concern/complaint. Anyone want to bet on how that goes for me?

So CIRA compliance department responded. It turns out that they were correct in rejecting them via their terms - the domains I were complaining about losing were reserved, not restricted. Reserved because there are conflicts due to 4th Level domains existing from pre or early CIRA days. Example: if abc.toronto.bc.ca exists, then abc.ca is reserved. Today, since 3rd and 4th levels can't be registered, if the city of toronto wanted abc.toronto.ca - they'd just set that up in their own DNS, no registration required. However, back then, individuals separate from the city of toronto were able to register some of these domains. Since the domains I wanted have multiple pre-existing 4th level matching domains - they're probably blocked forever, essentially. So I don't think today that CIRA would make that kind of rule but because the mess they inherited can't be easily straightened out, I think we're just stuck with that situation forever.

•••
Didnt see what tcp ended but redline.ca went for $1800.

•••
Didnt see what tcp ended but redline.ca went for $1800.
Redline was a nice one, so that one is the highest one this week, I have heard of so far.

Many of the better 3L's went in the $120-$250 range.

•••
•••
Man, MyID really ran the table this week.

Almost every week I think.
Next week is grow.ca
My top pick. MYID will get it and the auction hits $3k.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back