Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So who do you think will take the LL.CA?

Odds are MyID (1:3), Sibername (3:1), Pool (5:1)

I’m saying Myid. It will then sit and not resolve... Just like a lot of names caught at Myid.

•••
I’m saying Myid. It will then sit and not resolve... Just like a lot of names caught at Myid.

Caught is the right word, like a fish in a net.

In another 50 years, I bet they mysteriously have control over maybe 80% of the unused premium LL and LLL supply. Once it goes to MyID it ain't coming out.

•••
Caught is the right word, like a fish in a net.

In another 50 years, I bet they mysteriously have control over maybe 80% of the unused premium LL and LLL supply. Once it goes to MyID it ain't coming out.
What does that mean, that they are buying internally for their own holdings?

•••
We should also make some bets on whether the CIRA will melt down again this week.

Remember, they screwed up royally last week, and now we have almost 20,000 .CA domains coming up, with every Registrar in Canada firing up their servers to mass-pound on the CIRA systems like a thousand jackhammers.

•••
What does that mean, that they are buying internally for their own holdings?

No idea, but I do know that any premium .CA that expires at MyID never makes it to the TBR. Several of us on here were following this one, which expired, then sat in limbo for a while, and then was reregistered by MyID.

http://oil.ca

If interested in acquiring this domain, you can acquire it in CAD through MyID.ca Domain Marketplace

And try to move a premium domain you have at MyID to another Registrar, you literally need a lawyer.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, bidding is crazy today - got outbid on everything I wanted at 3 registrars and 90% are now at "Post-Registration Auction".

•••
No idea, but I do know that any premium .CA that expires at MyID never makes it to the TBR. Several of us on here were following this one, which expired, then sat in limbo for a while, and then was reregistered by MyID.

http://oil.ca

If interested in acquiring this domain, you can acquire it in CAD through MyID.ca Domain Marketplace

And try to move a premium domain you have at MyID to another Registrar, you literally need a lawyer.

I generally don't use myid for this reason, it seems they either bid against you until you drop out or the price gets pretty damn high.

Another reason I prefer not to use myid for TBRs is because I think we're just telling them what the best dropping domains are without them having to lift a finger. So we do the work, and they get the domain.

I will say that I have been able to transfer domains out of myid without much more of an issue than namespro (meaning, the authcode is not readily available, you have to ask for it and its manually approved not instantaneous).

•••
I agree....This is going to be a very interesting result DR

•••
Wow, bidding is crazy today - got outbid on everything I wanted at 3 registrars and 90% are now at "Post-Registration Auction".

Yeah, it is a bit surprising - I guess the idea of a double TBR session got everyone's attention. Also, there were definitely more good domains than usual...

•••
I backordered 5 names at MYID today - which I never do because I don't think they're on the level - every one of them had just one other bidder. We'll see how it shakes out.

Earlier this month I emailed most of the other registrars and complained to them that their backorder service was lacking and that MYID was making them all look bad. This is the first TBR since I wrote them. Hoping for some fire today.

•••
haha, no one is getting kv.ca - at least not until these drop - and assuming the owner doesn't just re-register kv.ca for himself whenever he feels like it...

kv.ab.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.bc.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.mb.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.nb.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.ns.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.on.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.qc.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net
kv.sk.ca ns1.fastpark.net ns2.fastpark.net

•••
Looks like the TBR run went through (still no TBR data from CIRA reposted on sites) as MyID (naturally) got TCP.CA.

•••
haha, no one is getting kv.ca - at least not until these drop

Yep, the CIRA hits just keep on coming... it seems to be fixed now and displays:

The domain name requested has usage restrictions applied to it. You may want to contact CIRA or a domain name registrar for details, or try another search.

•••
2 did well. the rest did horribly.

•••
omg sibername just emailed me a list of the domains they thought they caught. but they are completely wrong. most of the domains they said they got they didnt! And right now they're trying to auction off kv.ca (see previous post) as well as cowboy.mb.ca (again impossible since cowboy.ca is owned) and other domains that other registrars successfully registered. They really effed that up...

•••
This looks like it is going to be a mess.
Siber just emailed me they didn’t get one of the names I wanted but the whois shows they did:xf.confused:O_o

•••
Just emaied them to see what is going on

•••
Just emaied them to see what is going on

I'm sure they're getting slammed with support emails right now. I get it though, obviously there were some complications with the results processing scripts thanks to CIRA, poor documentation and the fact that even CIRA can't see daylight because their heads are so far up their arses.... Obviously sibername had a little too much automated and not enough manual review. That's fine once you've got shit dialed in, but I wouldn't have risked relying on any scripts to run flawless this round...

I'm sure they'll get it squared away in a few hours.

•••
Town.ca just went bye bye - recalled by cira

I bet City and the rest of them will follow soon.

So far they have recalled over 20 of mine.

•••
Town.ca just went bye bye - recalled by cira

Still was a great name to own for the short time you had it. Do you still have a few more? Maybe one or 2 will slip through the cracks. Fingers crossed with you!

•••
My mistake, it wasn't this thread. It was posted in _this_ thread you were active in:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/redacted.1122376/

Bob made his post about temporarily owning town.ca @ 11:08AM EST on Feb 6. You reg'd town.ca at 9:30pm...

As I said in another post.....

Best wishes to whoever has it.

Glad to hear that a friend on NPs has it, and hope that they let you keep it! You have definitely had it way longer than the few hours I had it,, so maybe the rules have changed and the Wikipedia post is no longer up to date.

It is a nice name, and now in the hands of someone with the marketing skills to make it work, if allowed to keep it. I am genuinely happy.

Bob

Oops.... as I was composing this saw the update from @MapleDots. We should have a club for those who briefly had the name!

Last edited:
•••
As I said in another post.....

Glad to hear that a friend on NPs has it, and hope that they let you keep it! You have definitely had it way longer than the few hours I had it,, so maybe the rules have changed and the Wikipedia post is no longer up to date.

It is a nice name, and now in the hands of someone with the marketing skills to make it work, if allowed to keep it. I am genuinely happy.

Bob
No, he just said CIRA took it back. Back on the corner she goes again.

•••
No, he just said CIRA took it back. Back on the corner she goes again.

Thanks. I saw that just now after I had composed the other post.

The weird thing is after I had it taken back, the registrar still had it sitting there so someone else could do the same thing. They really should restrict names if they are restricted!

If .town and .city are gone, I suspect the others will all be taken back too. For sure ville, township and village will be, because the reasons to restrict them are similar to town.

Bob

•••
Thanks. I saw that just now after I had composed the other post.

The weird thing is after I had it taken back, the registrar still had it sitting there so someone else could do the same thing. They really should restrict names if they are restricted!

If .town and .city are gone, I suspect the others will all be taken back too. For sure ville, township and village will be, because the reasons to restrict them are similar to town.

Bob
municipal names listed in the following classes in the applicable version of the Canadian Geographical Names Data Base (CGNDB): city, ville, town, village, hamlet, hameau, other municipal/district area – major agglomeration, autre zone municipale /de district – agglomerations majeure, other municipal/district area- miscellaneous and autre zone municipale/de district – divers. The Applicant for registration of a municipal name must be the corresponding government entity and the name in the registrant field for the registration of a municipal Domain Name must be the full legal name of the Applicant for registration. The Domain Name must comply with the other provisions of this Section 3, and municipal names consisting of more than one word may only be registered as one word. If there is more than one municipality eligible to apply for the registration of the same Domain Name, the Applicant must get the consent of all the other eligible municipalities. In cases where a municipal name is the same as the name of a Canadian province or territory, the Applicant may only register the municipal name as a fourth level Domain Name. Municipal Domain Names cannot be transferred to any other party without CIRA’s prior, written consent; and

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back