IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Footnote to above...

RippleX will be a drop for me as well

I ended up with RippleChips.com

Ripple is used by the banking system and chips are a means of transferring funds between banks and financial institutions.

So RippleChips.com sounds good because of the CHIPS connection doubling as chips to eat or to move money and the obvious Ripple.

RippleChips.ca is available to register at the time of this post. I did not register it because I thought the target market was too small.

•••
I ended up with RippleChips.com

Ripple is used by the banking system and chips are a means of transferring funds between banks and financial institutions.

So RippleChips.com sounds good because of the CHIPS connection doubling as chips to eat or to move money and the obvious Ripple.

RippleChips.ca is available to register at the time of this post. I did not register it because I thought the target market was too small.
I had ripple chips while watching the game.

https://www.google.ca/search?oq=Ripple+chips&aqs=mobile-gws-lite..0l5...3&q=Ripple+chips

•••
Since this is where I tend to spend the majority of my time on these forums, I thought it would be most fitting to post here. Plus, I do sell .ca domains, after all :xf.wink:.

I've rebranded from AvailDomains to AssetReturns.com. A more professional brand + UI/UX.

I've spent the last couple days building out a rough draft for the new site. I'd love to receive any criticism/points for improvement that your keen eyes may have.

I'm also considering slowly transferring my domains to self-hosted landing pages for purposes of granularity, and control. You can find an example at BlockWeight.com.

Looking forward to the criticism!

•••
Since this is where I tend to spend the majority of my time on these forums, I thought it would be most fitting to post here. Plus, I do sell .ca domains, after all :xf.wink:.

I've rebranded from AvailDomains to AssetReturns.com. A more professional brand + UI/UX.

I've spent the last couple days building out a rough draft for the new site. I'd love to receive any criticism/points for improvement that your keen eyes may have.

I'm also considering slowly transferring my domains to self-hosted landing pages for purposes of granularity, and control. You can find an example at BlockWeight.com.

Loaded fast on mobile...looks great!
Personally, only thing, I would add is images/logos for the listed domains simply because images get indexed and can be a extra source of traffic.

Last edited:
•••

Looks great, love the branding idea. BlockWeight does not resolve for me.

•••
Thank you for the feedback, Maple!

And, thank you for informing me about the page going unresolved. I think it's simply an issue with the link structure I provided. The page should resolve with a direct type-in. Or, BlockWeight.com

Cheers!

•••

Loaded fast on mobile...looks great!
Personally, only thing, I would add is images/logos for the listed domains simply because images get indexed and can be a extra source of traffic.

Guess my feedback don't count..

•••
Guess my feedback don't count..
Sorry - I completely missed it in my freshly woken haze.

I appreciate your feedback + recommendation. I hadn't initially considered the SEO implications of adding photos, but I will more seriously consider integrating them along with the text for this express purpose.

•••
a strong keyword is a strong keyword anywhere.
and also some dnjournal sales
westleaf 20000
triangle 15000
oberlo 15000 (and that's just a mishmash of 6 letters)

I see what you're doing and I've done the same in the past (and sometimes still do :) ), but you can't just pick a few homeruns and use those as comparables.

You also have to be cognisant of the fact that a lot of names sell for less than that and don't forget about the 1000's names don't sell and get dropped EVERY WEEK. As an example, this week's TBR is over 8000 names

•••
when holding two domains in different tlds (com ca) and com is listed should ca be listed as well or held back?

•••
Listed where? Can you give an example?

I'd say list them both. And if you get a bite on one, try to upsell them on the other one if you have a way to talk to the buyer

•••
when holding two domains in different tlds (com ca) and com is listed should ca be listed as well or held back?

You can list both but one thing is NEVER NEVER NEVER open negotiations on the .com and .ca together unless the client brings it up. In most cases they will want the .ca thrown in.

I have a nice deal right now and its for a bigger amount on the .com and of course they asked me for the .ca for free. I told them I am not willing to negotiate the .ca until the .com is closed. They are two different transactions and I will treat them as such.

So whenever possible I never mention one over the other until the money is in the bank. Now once the client has closed on the .com you can always say.... hey I have the .ca, are you interested.

In most cases you don't negotiate two houses at once and I treat domain properties very similar to real estate. I try to close one on its own merits and usually shut the other one down until the deal is done.

Last edited:
•••
namesilo,undeveloped, pending gd,sedo.i forget the site i was on the other night but i started noticing the phrase 'yes grow your own' several times.and i thought i might have a 4L that matches that and sure enough it was an exact match,ygyo.com.i googled the phrase and got 500,000,000 results.talk about dumb luck.usually with a 4L like there is no way to describe it,you just throw it out there.i grabbed the .ca this afternoon and it's just sitting.

•••
•••
Kind of a weird TBR run without any real structure or pattern, and a dearth of true "premium" domains, just blah, even in the Top 10.

134 domains taken
The Top 10 had Pool (3), Sibername (3) MyID (2) dot-ca-registry (1) and HexoNet (1)
Notable Top Selections: QUIN.CA, FIRA.CA, XBI.CA, eBUDS.CA, FRANCHISEDIRECT.CA, and HOLLIS.CA
Head-Scratching Top 10 Selections (hyphens): SAINT-JOHN.CA and AIT-ACI.CA
No one took CRYPTOBITCOIN.CA

Kinda surprised with the LLL picks, as XBI.CA went 7th, ZSK.CA in 15th, and XNV.CA at 17th, while two I liked better, TJB.CA and BQH.CA, went 94th and 96th, respectively. I really hope it's companies fitting the acronym that bought those first 3.

The one I would have chosen first overall, PATRICE.CA (name domains sell fast) went 26th to MyID.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, it sure got quiet in here fast...

•••
•••
Picked up a few leftovers, and I was mulling TUFT.CA and while I was thinking it over, someone snagged it.

If I see that one on a sales chart this year.... :punch:

•••
Pretty meager pickings this week

Yup, I would have snagged TUFT too, it has a good sound to it.

•••
Yup, I would have snagged TUFT too, it has a good sound to it.

The more I repeated the word, the better I liked it, and then POOF it was gone.

•••
The "developer" that I sold a domain for a "bitcoin"..emailed me asking if I wanted to buy it back..for cash!
Yesterday, received my first "bitcoin" offer for a "cannabis" domain.. going to really tread lighty, hard to tell if it is legit.
Anyone else get offers in "bitcoin"?
Glad I got expert to guide me...enough said

•••
To buy back the Bitcoin or the domain?

•••
BTW, anybody else grab any good TBR Leftovers?

•••
To buy back the Bitcoin or the domain?

About half the price, that I sold it for...which (last I look) is more than the price today..
Crypto (my thoughts) is a young man game...reminded me of my "day trading days", constantly checking the value!
Still have a hard time ..accepting something that I couldn't put my "hands on" can be worth money. Yeah, I know a domain is the same thing! Just a bunch of binary numbers..

•••
Just received this is, in a email...from Rebel.com

"Time flies. So does our $4.50 CA sale.

If you have an idea for a website, now's the time to be the only person in Canada (and the world) to own the domain name.

PS: Every .CA domain you buy comes with a free 1-page website. Start dragging-and-dropping by clicking below."

(Rebel.com, Port St. Charles, Unit 308 Heywoods, BB26013, St Peter, Barbados)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back