Dynadot

new gTLD Donuts Sells home.loans Domain Name for $500,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Donuts Inc., today announced home.loans was acquired for $500,000, believed to be the largest sale to date for a premium new domain name. The sale was brokered by Donuts senior domain consultant Jebidiah Burnett.

Home.loans (www.home.loans) was acquired by Home.Loans LLC founder and chief executive officer Blake Janover, a serial entrepreneur, digital media visionary and capital markets innovator. Janover is launching the home.loans website; its primary focus is to be the Internet's most complete, well organized, and responsive source for "all things home loans."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...meloans-domain-name-for-500000-300586364.html

https://domainnamewire.com/tag/blake-janover/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Or the guy just paid way too much for home.loans. Great sale for Donuts.

•••
Or the guy just paid way too much for home.loans. Great sale for Donuts.

That is what I am getting at.

If business.loans ended at $10K, home.loans end user value should have been in $40K to 100K region.

•••
That is what I am getting at.

If business.loans ended at $10K, home.loans end user value should have been in $40K to 100K region.

See the problem is though, your justifying one industry compared to another ~ more people are getting home or mortgage loans then they are business loans and the strict requirements for business loans deters people from even trying, I know this because I market both.

•••
But he didn't know the domain market, he admits it in the podcast. Hence him paying too much.

•••
But he didn't know the domain market, he admits it in the podcast. Hence him paying too much.
You asked me in another thread why many new gTLD domainers are not reporting sales...I answered you, that one of the main reason is that some legacy portfolio holders are trolling new gTLDs buyers, and I do not want my buyers to read trolling comments from this kind of 'experts', with vested interests.

And look now what you are doing here...so are you still surprised? :)

•••
You asked me in another thread why many new gTLD domainers are not reporting sales...I answered you, that one of the main reason is that some legacy portfolio holders are trolling new gTLDs buyers, and I do not want my buyers to read trolling comments from this kind of 'experts', with vested interests.

And look now what you are doing here...so are you still surprised? :)

And as I answered you, nobody is trolling sales. They're pointing out people who pump new gtlds, say they're getting sales without backing it up. That's you again. Here you are talking about bad portfolios, when fellow new gtlders, say that about yours. Then there are other threads here about picking good names, and then elsewhere you post asking people which ones are good. Remember one thread where you asked for new gtlds here, then asked for advice about them on the other forum.

Post some good sales that you have had from new gltds and see if you get any "trolling". I doubt it. If you sell one of yours for some of the high prices you're asking, then congrats.

And actually, I said congrats to Donuts for their great sale. I was pointing out the buyer paid too much.

Last edited:
•••
See the problem is though, your justifying one industry compared to another ~ more people are getting home or mortgage loans then they are business loans and the strict requirements for business loans deters people from even trying, I know this because I market both.

In this case, we should also know for his specific niche being lead generator (or is he online mortgage originator?) what is the market for this? I assume most people don't search online for home loans. They go to their bank, credit union, neighborhood mortgage shop etc.

The point is business.loans cannot be 1/50 of home.loans

here are the largest "loans" sales, by the way:

Domain Price Date Venue
loans.com 3,000,000 USD 2000-01-01 Private
personalloans.com 1,000,000 USD 2012-02-20 Uniregistry
loans.ca 88,000 USD 2017-12-31 eMall.ca
federalstudentloans.com 50,750 USD 2007-10-31 DRT Auction
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-02-17 Afternic
discountloans.com 39,000 USD 2013-01-31 GoDaddy
homeloans.org 37,000 USD 2009-08-19 Private
lowinterestloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-02-27 SnapNames
veteransloans.com 35,000 USD 2008-01-30 Afternic
mobileloans.com 30,099 USD 2014-05-30 NameJet
loans.mobi 30,000 USD 2007-10-03 Sedo
autoloans.ca 25,000 USD 2015-05-04 Uniregistry
foreclosureloans.com 25,000 USD 2007-03-13 Sedo
carloans.net 24,000 USD 2010-05-26 Sedo
paydayloans.info 24,000 USD 2010-03-17 Sedo
loansolutions.com 21,000 USD 2009-01-14 Afternic
loansolutions.com 21,000 USD 2008-12-31 Afternic
litigationloans.com 20,000 USD 2015-08-16 Indus Domain

•••
And as I answered you, nobody is trolling sales. They're pointing out people who pump new gtlds, say they're getting sales without backing it up. That's you again. Here you are talking about bad portfolios, when fellow new gtlders, say that about yours. Then there are other threads here about picking good names, and then elsewhere you post asking people which ones are good. Remember one thread where you asked for new gtlds here, then asked for advice about them on the other forum.

Post some good sales that you have had from new gltds and see if you get any "trolling". I doubt it. If you sell one of yours for some of the high prices you're asking, then congrats.

And actually, I said congrats to Donuts for their great sale. I was pointing out the buyer paid too much.
I remember all my threads...but that was not really my point here :)

•••
My gosh how many times do you have to BUMP your head against the wall before you get it:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/btc-hosting-coin-hosting-coins-hosting.1058102/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/up...center-royal-estate-newhomesfor-sale.1043426/

Check your own threads, bump after bump, not even a single $1 offer from a confused newbie, or an offer of interest, nothing. What does that tell you? That you keep pouring more money into something that is providing you nothing but a good argument back?

You don't own the quality you need to actually make the few good sales that do occur in this space. This was a loaded deck, it only favored the guys who could spend the big bucks in EAP, or pay the high premiums. Speaking of high premiums those domains are diminished once the poor bastard buyers figure out they have to shell out $250-$1000 annually for life.

I am so sorry you don't get it, you are to focused on trying to recover your losses you are missing out all the opportunities around you.

•••
Business.Loans was not sold.

Reserve was 13k I believe.

I can say this, because I happen to know who made the 10k bid ;)

•••
@wwwweb
You are free to trash my portfolio all day long, domain by domain if it helps...It does not really bother me, as everyone can see my names at brands.international and have their own opinion. I do not hide anything, and I definitely do not hide my enthusiasm for them :)

Can you please provide link to your new gTLD portfolio here? If you say my domains are weak, I assume you think your domains are better. Therefore I think many of us would like to see what you have. If it is not a big secret.

There is a common sense rule - if we want to lecture someone, we should have a knowledge first - in domaining this is usually proved by set of domains we own. I mean everyone can come here and say 'I have great new gTLDs and they do not sell', but without knowing what those domains are, we really can not know.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your new gTLD domains! :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back