Dynadot

domains Donuts and Afilias rebrand to Identity.Digital

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Donuts Inc. and Afilias, Inc. have a fresh new look after major rebranding efforts, uniting them under a new company name and single brand. Identity Digital™ was chosen to reflect better the commitment to helping customers find, grow and protect their authentic digital identities. A new corporate name, logo, visual identity, voice/tone and website (identity.digital) are all critical elements in bringing the rebrand to life. This rebrand coincides with helping customers understand that they no longer have to compromise when they get their domain name. As the heart of their digital identity, they can use both sides of the dot to express what their company is and why it matters.

"This brand refresh is an exciting moment for our company and stakeholders," said Akram J. Atallah, CEO, Identity Digital. "Identity Digital reflects a stronger platform for expressing the core values we have had all along – to provide a secure, authentic digital identity. The new name lets us more precisely define to customers who we are and what we can do for them. The internet is expanding, and businesses must have a digital presence to survive and be successful, so the timing was critical."

read more / Identity.Digital

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They have identitydigital.com too btw.

Interesting that they think it's so important to get the .com given that they are primarily a new gtld company. It speaks volumes.

Last edited:
•••
Rebranding to a rather bland, boring name.

Brad

•••
•••
#reblanding
I like it.

Instead of cute brands and puns like a branding company might create, a reblanding company can generate boring brands that are so generic they are basically invisible to search engines.

Brad

•••
Should have stuck with Donuts

🍩 😋

•••
They have identitydigital.com too btw.

Interesting that they think it's so important to get the .com given that they are primarily a new gtld company. It speaks volumes.
That made me chuckle. I think the message is pretty loud and clear here: you have to drive what you sell. So what if you keep the trusted old jalopy in the garage too, alongside that fancy new ride?

Having it forwarded reinforces their business model, clears up any confusion. Good move.

•••
That made me chuckle. I think the message is pretty loud and clear here: you have to drive what you sell. So what if you keep the trusted old jalopy in the garage too, alongside that fancy new ride?

Having it forwarded reinforces their business model, clears up any confusion. Good move.
Of course it's a good move, but the fact they did it says loud and clear to me "we wouldn't build a brand, even on our own gtld, without investing in the .com, so neither should you".

Last edited:
•••
I like it. Combining Donuts and Afilias into one brand and having the .com point to the NGTLD. Nice clean website too. For me it looks really professional. What you come to expect from Donuts. What am I going to do with all my "Donuts branded" domain names? Maybe less chance of losing them now :) Less chance of selling too :( Seriously. This was a good move. Maybe they can get others to give up their brands for shorter versions and point their .com to the NGTLD :)

Last edited:
•••
Bit late to the party as I didn't notice the thread sooner.

They got the words in the wrong order. As boring as it is, it should be 'digital identity':

Our Mission:
To inspire individuals everywhere to own their uncompromised digital identity through choice, reliability and availability.

Reads to me like: we offer lots of options. you may get lucky, if not you can pick whatever is left available, like we did :)

Anyway, their mission & offering together with their choice of domains is adding a lot of potential brand confusion. Solid branding fail.

•••
This is all a bit of a bummer, turning a strong name into a bland name without the dot com. .. that is unless they are going to sell donuts!

•••
They should get a new tld .identity lol
Digital.identity

•••
Back