Dynadot

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please what happens to names expiring in auction with no bids. When are dey placed as closeout domain on godaddy

•••
@Bonsu - between 5 and 20 minutes after the auction ended with no bids
I kindly suggest you search the forum thoroughly before asking something in a thread that is not really related.

•••
It's related to this thread and @ategy is good at closeout names that's why I posted it here

•••
•••
Another one I got not too long ago:

QuadHawk // dot // com

I really LOVE this as a brand for drones. 95% of them have 4 blades (Quad) .. and there isn't much more powerful in the sky than a hawk. Plus it just sounds amazing and powerful together rolling off the tongue. Short punchy .. only 8 letters .. 2 syllables. These are going to be on the shelves of a hobby store in the near future for sure! :)

Again .. curious to know what you all think as well as seeing some of your own auction/closeout grabs?
Love it. I lost out on MonsterDrone in king last week because of an internet outage (rare here; usually the outage is between my ears! LOL)

Thanks for sharing, interesting read

•••
RushRock // dot // com
- Just a nice solid alliteration domain with 2 fantastic words. Rush = Fast .. and Rock = Solid / Reliable .. I really love this as a brand! :)

StatusJar // dot // com
- I see this as a social media manager. Where you can manage all your status updates for all the sites in a single place. Kinda generic and catchy enough for other uses as well.

Travolio // dot // com
- Obviously just a cool travel brand. Sounds like portfolio as well so maybe a site that helps you organise your travel? But i like it for general travel as well! Comes out strong phonetically!

That's really not a bad buy at all .. maybe a relatively small chance of finding an end user .. but crypto is hot wholesale and Diamond is a solid prefix for anything finance .. so you certainly will not be losing money at the end of the day! :)

As far as I know GoDaddy is the only auction house to offer closeouts. However for me there is no "secret" filter. Everyone uses filters at expireddomains dot net .. so if you really want to find good names that slip through the cracks .. you just got to go looking through everything .. lol .. it's a lot of time and work .. but if you like the names I've posted so far, then you know the work pays off in the end! :)

TRAVOLIO does sound like a cool travel brand, I was thinking the same with VOYAMBA (= voyage + samba, so fun travel app or site)

•••
Sucrate // dot // com
One word English. Associated with Sugar. Much more importantly also associated with Health/Pharma.

HouseOfKink // dot // com
I only have a handful of adult names .. but this one obviously makes a great brand.

AimHighMedia // dot // com
Apparently Media names sell quite a bit. I usually try to get single word prefix .. but this is easily a strong enough "single-term" to merit grabbing! :)

Azuja // dot // com
Nice, strong, clean, clear, 5L brand.

@Scot Thomas .. Re: QuadHawk .. yeah .. I really love that name .. very happy to have been able to grab it when I did! :)

Please what happens to names expiring in auction with no bids. When are dey placed as closeout domain on godaddy
It's pretty much exactly as @UXela stated .. closeout start at $11 about 10-20 minutes after the auction closes (it's fairly random and changes depending on the day/time)

script crowd in king
Other way around would have been amazing! :)

•••
•••
•••
Yuffu // dot // com
Vuggu // dot // com
YaFix // dot // com

A few nice highly pronounceable 5L's. I really like the patterns in the first 2 .. and the 3rd makes a good brand for a repair shop of any kind.

•••
ConnectingHumanity // dot // com
Just a massive marketing name in the communications, technology or almost any other space.

NoNextTime // dot // com
Another amazing marketing name that could be good for almost anything .. including motivational stuff .. but even better for presenting a "limited time offer" or something like that.

GrabTheBull // dot // com
A fantastic call to action domain shortened from the popular term "Grab the bull by the horns". Essentially it means "go for it".

JustSuckIt // dot // com
Adult names can be call to action as well I'm guessing .. lol.

I really love all these names and everything like them .. the bonus is that they can often slip through the cracks as they can be harder to see among a huge list of expiring domains. These are the rewards for those of us who put in hours each day going through lists! :)

•••
Just a massive marketing name in the communications, technology or almost any other space.

NoNextTime // dot // com
Another amazing marketing name that could be good for almost anything .. including motivational stuff .. but even better for presenting a "limited time offer" or something like that.

A fantastic call to action domain shortened from the popular term "Grab the bull by the horns". Essentially it means "go for it".

JustSuckIt // dot // com

I really love all these names and everything like them .. the bonus is that they can often slip through the cracks as they can be harder to see among a huge list of expiring domains. These are the rewards for those of us who put in hours each day going through lists! :)
Great names, how are these converting on the sales end with you overall?

Last edited:
•••

NoNextTime // dot // com

JustSuckIt // dot // com

NoNextTime // dot // com

JustSuckIt // dot // com

Time well spent. They're all good, but Connecting Humanity is specatacular!

•••
ClandestineMarketing // dot // com
Absolutely perfect name for Mystery Shopper agency. As well as agency that gets info on your competitors.

MercuryTaxis // dot // com
I really love this name because Mercury was the messenger of the Gods known for his speed! So makes for an amazing Taxi brand!

SmartDogFood // dot // com
Smart anything works very well these days. Particularly since people who love organic and "smart choices" are often animal lovers. Despite being 3 words .. I really love the commercial possibilities of this domain more than a lot of 2 words!

Great names, how are these converting on the sales end with you overall?
Yeah .. I absolutely love them .. really not worried about holding them as long as it takes to get a good price. I haven't sold any of these phrase or call to action domains yet .. but in all fairness I haven't really marketed or even listed a lot of them. I'm just starting vacation from my "real world" job .. visiting my mom a bit later today before she goes on a trip .. and then the rest of my vacation is getting all my domains priced (or repriced) and then updating all my lists and my Efty page. I've developed a lot of little tricks, shortcuts and excel formulas to move a little faster going forward both for my inventory spreadsheet as well as for the daily list of domains at auction and closeouts that I share with everyone here at NamePros. I'll likely post a batch of things at wholesale as well as I still am trying to reach my goal of going under 1500 domains ... lol.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...n-auction-and-closeout-domains.1006428/page-8

•••
•••
LynxSolar // dot // com
Nice solid Animal+Solar brand. Massive growth industry with solar.

LiquorRack // dot // com
Actually saw a lot of more than expected when googling .. might actually look to sell this in exchange for some $$$ plus a really cool shelf or rack for my alcohol. also has a double-entendre adult double meaning .. Lick Her Rack! ;)

PandaGator // dot // com
I saw this and laughed my ass off .. but seriously .. it's memorable as heck .. wordflow works .. and I just pictured a really amazing yin-yang type logo with a panda and alligator. Sometimes contrasting two extremes can really draw attention if done right. Aged a dozen years .. so at least one other person really liked it enough to renew twelve times! :)

•••
Ethrm // dot // com
Say it with me ... Ethereum ... not quite Eth.com .. but I still like it! :)

oojio // dot // com
Aznia // dot // com
I like these two 5L .coms for being strong and clear. The double oo in oojio can be made into a smiley face .. even more so with the bottom swoop of the J! :)

•••
Acquired: FlashDates.com (from one of your recent lists)
I feel the plural would have been much better but maybe this one could fit for speed dating.

•••
I feel the plural would have been much better but maybe this one could fit for speed dating.
You mean singular right? *Dates is already plural (Obfuscated the name)

•••
•••
•••
tumblr_p3or9uJEVp1x2ejowo1_500.png

•••
MoneyMasterclass // dot // com
Obviously this is a monster name. Masterclass is a generic dictionary term (no TM). Could be used for online courses in anything related to finance .. lot's of possibilities here! :)

MagicMinnow // dot // com
Strong sounding but cute alliteration brand here. Although I was thinking something child-related .. it really could be used for almost anything like a restaurant.

PinnacleMultimedia // dot // com
Just another nice media name here .. happy getting these all day if they aren't too expensive! ;)

Acquired: FlashDates.com (from one of your recent lists)
You mean singular right? *Dates is already plural (Obfuscated the name)
Yes singular sorry.

I'm pretty sure the one on my list was the plural!? lol .. Which to me is the better of the two! :)

•••
...another batch:

UNI//CAMERA // dot // com
ENER//GENO // dot // com
QA//SEO // dot // com
SONIC//CARTEL // dot // com
QA//KED // dot // com
HELLO//BAZAR // dot // com
ZE//PIG // dot // com
OP//TYZ // dot // com
SO//CHIO // dot // com
NAKED//LOFT // dot // com
AMA//NDY // dot // com
AB//GRAFICA // dot // com
ALEX//TEK // dot // com
AMER//PARTS // dot // com
SEO//2//GO // dot // com

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back