Dynadot

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

NameSilo
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FutureDNA // dot // com
- Really like this for a forward leaning biotech startup!

LuckyMonday // dot // com
- Just couldn't resist after the @DomainSherpa interview for SmartMonday dot com

InteractiveBooth
// dot // com
InteractiveBooths // dot // com
Lots of money in these things ... and they are still a pretty big growth business! Happy I got both tenses! :)

Had this in my cart while I was testing an automation :) Let it go in favor of something else: wild//miles//•com ...if I remember correctly.
Thats why its gone in 11 $ and came back on 9$ .. Thanks for letting it go and save my 2$ .. You are very kind :)

lol .. Hate it when someone snags a closeout before me ... but in the 1% times when they reappear it feels like winning the loto! :)

Closeout :RedMahi //KING// (2005)
Nice one! :)

SarasotaHome. / .com
Last night in a competitive auction on Dynadot.

Hmmmn .. one of those exceptions where an S at the end would have been amazing. I've grabbed a couple Geos recently .. have you had any success with such domains?

CraveBitcoin.com from godaddy expiring domains..

I think there's a lot of people wishing they had that craving a couple months ago! :)

•••
SarasotaHome. / .com

Last night in a competitive auction on Dynadot.

Was that a dynadot expired auction? How did i not see that name

•••
•••
Hmmmn .. one of those exceptions where an S at the end would have been amazing. I've grabbed a couple Geos recently .. have you had any success with such domains?

Indeed it would have been since SarasotaHomes.com sold in 2015 for $15,000 I have had some limited success with some Geos. I've sold ListingMiami, NevadaTrailers, NevadaShutters, LafayetteTowing, MassDisposal (Massachusetts), CapeCoralComputerService, NewOrleansHairSalon and some others.Nothing for big money (between $500 and $1,000)

I need a lot more for this one though. I am wanting to pitch this to the owner of the plural as a protection of the brand.

Last edited:
•••
Yes it was. glad you did miss it though! O_o

Can you pm me how much it sold for? Well it wasnt me that missed it, it was my custom software that missed it. Think i will be making a visit to the code, lol

•••
•••
BackPackJack // dot // com
- I like this not just for BackPacks .. but also as a travel site.

BuyMyDesign // dot // com
- Perfect name for a communal marketplace for people to sell a wide range of stuff they made/designed

BigBehaviour // dot // com
- I love this name for big data/ analytics. Behaviour tracking is huge business.

•••
HelpAttorneys // Com

I'm curious as to what made you buy this. I think I saw it too but thought it's either meaningless as a domain name or doesn't have much commercial intent at all. I'm sure that could have been my "newbie" way of looking at domain names though.

•••
BTW, here are the two I got recently:

PropertyAgentDubai.com

TheDogGuide.com

Anyone see any value in them?

•••
•••
•••
Buyify. / .com

105 bids / 11 other bidders.

•••
•••
accu//-//rate//•com
leon//games//•com
amp//egy//•com
resist//list//•com
ju//prowa//•com
mac//moto//•com
hy//torq//•com
tub//king//•com

•••
•••
With hyphen. However:
  • it is used with hyphen with various other extensions -> so it is still an upgrade name for some entities
  • it is *very* aged -> 1996
  • for this word in particular the hyphen can actually make sense
...I really like what I got lately from GD auctions :)

Last edited:
•••
iTour.tv

I just liked it. It drawn me in like weinstein to a celebs ass

•••
TerminatePain // dot // com
- Really great marketing name for pain killers of some sort!

SearchForSelf // dot // com
- Awesome self help domain

Zojex // dot // com
-Nice punchy 5L that's both sounds techie and passes the radio test!

PropertyAgentDubai.com
TheDogGuide.com
Anyone see any value in them?
Can't say I really like the first one .. a little too niche IMO .. but I do like the Dog one .. would be much much stronger without the "the" .. but it still works with the "the"! :)

•••
WPProfessional // dot // com
WPProfessionals // dot // com
- While Wordpress is a heavily enforced trademark, even Wordpress themselves suggest people use "WP" as a non-trademark infringing alternate. I'm very happy to have grabbed this set of domains! :)

RNATest // dot // com
RNATesting // dot // com
RNA testing is used for a wide variety of genetic tests. Another pair of names I'm really glad to have grabbed! :)

•••
GENREFY //COM//

GD CO in my account today.

Basically One Word: To classify something(like a song or a video) as being part of a particular genre

Google doesn't read it as a typeO though it's not in the Webster dictionary , It searches as a commonly used used one word and used largely by libraries...or typed as Genre-fy.

I could see this as some sort of Music or Data App...going to see what Brandbucket thinks first.

Last edited:
•••
SurvivalList.com

Probably one of my best domains ive grabbed this year

•••
SurvivalList.com

Probably one of my best domains ive grabbed this year

wow Great name! ! I like this a lot, because I also like survival related outdoor stuff.

Very Good name.

Was this a Closeout that just hit the list or had it been on CO for a few days?

Or Auction?

Thanks

•••
wow Great name! ! I like this a lot, because I also like survival related outdoor stuff.

Very Good name.

Was this a Closeout that just hit the list or had it been on CO for a few days?

Or Auction?

Thanks

Dropcatch auction mate, i think i got lucky

•••
LIVE // STRAIN // dot // com
AZUL // AE // dot // com
COM // PARIX // dot // com
LOGO // PIT // dot // com
PRIME // RION // dot // com
STACK // TILE // dot // com
DIA // GRAFO // dot // com
MAMA // TINAS // dot // com
TE // YAT // dot // com

...and that's about it lately
I hope you like these. I know I do. :)

•••
Jipinse.com

According to a mate this is meant to be chinese pinyin, broken down into Ji Pin Se

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back