Dynadot

advice Domains, Websites, Other digital assets??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How would you grow your domain business after making high 6 figures or more?

• 1st (tie)

Graduate and invest only in high value, traffic or liquid domains?

vote
    100.0%
  • 1st (tie)

Graduate and start buying or builiding websites to sell?

vote
    100.0%
  • 1st (tie)

Invest in some other digital asset like apps, cryptocurrency etc?

vote
    100.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

Buy tens of thousands of domains and make your own marketplace like BuyDomains or HugeDomains?

votes
    0.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

Develop a tool, platform, service for Domain investors?

votes
    0.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

Other?

votes
    0.0%

• 3 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

werejack

Established Member
Impact
So I searched Namepros, searched Namepros using google and used Google to search other websites that may have written articles about website flipping/selling versus Domain flipping/selling. What prompted this is research for a scaling strategy. Once I find something that works and consistently earn I would like to start developing skills that can be used even later in my domain investing journey.

So what I would like to hear from others is what would be suitable avenues (theoretical or proven) for scaling ones domain business. Transition to private marketplace like HugeDomains or BuyDomains? Graduate to buidling or buying websites and selling them? Graduate into high value or liquid domains? Other digital assets like apps, cryptocurrency? Other?
:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After 6 figures or more is retirement really and back to the fun of it one at a time.

•••
"Graduate"??? Graduate what exactly?

•••
The beauty of domains is it can be a no-end game, really what's the point of retiring from it? The whole journey is so satisfactory that why not just bring it with you to the coffin.. lol.

I'm not sure what kind of proven avenue there is to turn to after reaching a certain level of financial success in domains. I think scaling or transition is not always necessary, really depends on individual capability. Theoretically, I would re-invest, always keeping a small portfolio of domain names.

•••
"Graduate"??? Graduate what exactly?
Graduate from 'basic' or 'entry level' domains and then scale their business is what I meant to say.

•••
I like the idea of developing a great domain and adding value to it. The profit margins are higher too I hear. So option 3 qualifies as graduating for me.

Last edited:
•••
Voting is not possible for some reason?

Also, the answer options don't cover hybrids. You can go HD route, but still have a basket for higher end names.

That is my strategy anyway. About 50% of my funds go towards $xx names and about 50% towards $xxx to $xxxx names (acquisition cost).

•••
What is the budget and risk tolerance?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back