Dynadot

discuss Domains that got sold for $x on NamePros but later for $xxxx

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mass Names

Established Member
Impact
Hi, fellow domainers! My question is primarily for the experienced members of this platform. Do you guys remember any instances where a domain that got sold for a few dollars (less than 10 dollars) on NamePros later got sold for thousands of dollars outside of the platform? Also, let me know how you were able to successfully sell those domains for thousands of dollars.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To say its never happened would be technically incorrect (whether on NamePros or other place). Investors that see value in upcoming / relevant trends for example, or having a particularly keen eye in a certain niche, making a killing here and there, maybe at one point paying very little. Its nice to dream, but most won't catch such rare opportunities

Last edited:
•••
I bought one for $1 here and sold it for $1999 almost 2 years later.
The weird thing is that the nameserver still points to Dan. I believe the person bought the net and org version of the domain name at the same time.

•••
I bought one for $1 here and sold it for $1999 almost 2 years later.
The weird thing is that the nameserver still points to Dan. I believe the person bought the net and org version of the domain name at the same time.
Great to hear. 1 to 1999.

Last edited:
•••
happens often enuf but given overall numbers it's a drop in ocean

for me maybe 3 times..one was religion.,.,..cc at 2k

most names sold on np are newbie names ... older domainers dont sell good stuff for 10usd

•••
I bought a domain name here for 3$ and sold it after 2 months for 3888$

•••
•••
•••
We need a showcase thread for this.

•••
I got a free (s. o. c. c. e. r. l. y . c o m) given by a fellow NP member, then sold for $1000 probably 7 years later.

•••
I got a free (s. o. c. c. e. r. l. y . c o m) given by a fellow NP member, then sold for $1000 probably 7 years later.
That name really looks great. Very easy to pronounce and I feel the domain has very good potential of becoming a brand.

•••
Remember couple of years ago those so called domain experts or pros were dumping their 4l domains .I bought 200 of those at 10$ each and sold for big big bucks
They called themselves domain experts. Lmao ...and me laughing all the way to the bank

•••
Remember couple of years ago those so called domain experts or pros were dumping their 4l domains .I bought 200 of those at 10$ each and sold for big big bucks
They called themselves domain experts. Lmao ...and me laughing all the way to the bank
I still have zmmr.com
Gxnx.com
Kvlp.com

•••

how many people did u buy 200 x 4l names from at 10usd?

•••
•••
A couple .....here and at eBay too

ya maybe on ebay such deals exist
.. but nobody will believe u u bought here at 10usd unless u name names or screenshots.

•••
Buying X selling at XXXX is a stretch anywhere although I am sure it happens occasionally . I have had a few.

There have been many reported sales here of XX to XXX acquisitions selling for XXXX. Moral of the story don’t be cheap. Most people’s problem is they want something for nothing.

Last edited:
•••
It probably happens every day.

•••
It probably happens every day.
I seriously doubt it. He said bought for X here. With the cost of domains and renewals not sure who or why anyone is still selling for X.

•••
•••
I remember very well a few years back (and more) and there has never been a $10 4 letter for sale here on NP in that time - You could maybe buy at that price for 15 years ago.
I still have zmmr.com
Gxnx.com

For $10 a couple of years ago LOL

Last edited:
•••
•••
I brought a domain valued at ~$3 in bulk domain auction and later sold it for $1200 in 2 months.

It was an outbound cold email sale.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, fellow domainers! My question is primarily for the experienced members of this platform. Do you guys remember any instances where a domain that got sold for a few dollars (less than 10 dollars) on NamePros later got sold for thousands of dollars outside of the platform? Also, let me know how you were able to successfully sell those domains for thousands of dollars.
It happens. But you have to be very selective with what you buy.
I bought Properfi////.com for $4 on NP and sold for $3,300.
Also bought Eezli////.com for $2 on NP and sold for $1,050.

Rubbish. There's no way you did that a couple of years ago, when everyone else was paying about $80-$90 for them on NP.

I remember very well a few years back (and more) and there has never been a $10 4 letter for sale here on NP in that time - You could maybe buy at that price for 15 years ago.
Precisely.

•••
Sometimes i posted on reg of the day thread my domain regs but later grace delete them and other guy grab some and sold for mid or high xxx

•••
Back