Dynadot

Domains suddenly disappeared in my Afternic account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I logged into my Afternic account this morning and only 11 out of my 150 domains were visible, like the rest had been deleted. I don't understand what happened. Last night I updated the prices of my domains and this morning only 11 out of 150 are visible in my account.
After a password reset, I started listing the domains again, but some are already listed! Did someone hack my account or is it some glitch? Anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you try the beta? I see no option for that.

Larger account holders are not yet able to see the beta test version. There's a posting on np somewhere which describes the gradual implementation.

•••
How do you try the beta? I see no option for that.

On dashboard page (the one you get when log in) link at botton left side

And on portfolio > all domains, link above the list of domains

Last edited:
•••
I've re-uploaded my 25K names again.

20k are in the account. 5k are missing.

Possibly the 5k are listed on uniregistry ( make offer / bin ) , delete them from uniregistry and try to add them again at afternic .

•••
I've re-uploaded the same file once again and this time it worked.

Strange thing is, I realize now that for months it only uploaded 15k out of 25k names. I know cause that's what it showed on dashboard and I always thought that is a dashboard bug. It always showed 15k.

Many uploads went in but domains never got in all this time.

And they were not listed on Uniregistry, nothing was.

•••
•••
•••
And just when I was typing the previous reply, my domains got disappeared before my eyes.
169 > 53> 49
Still holding at 49.

All the domains were in my portfolio all right, but just after checking, they started to disappear. Looks like if I avoided checking them until AN fixed their bug, they would have been unharmed.

•••
It appears it only works with smaller portfolios for now.

At 25 k names, I still see the old version only.

If I click the link you mentioned it redirects me to www.afternic.com . So it is definitely still disabled for me.
Probably this is because of the portfolio size.

But, one thing to mention, clicking my mentioned link, previously I also got redirected to www.afternic.com. It only works when I am in Portfolio -->> All Domains page. So, I created a bookmark of the link and after going to All Domains page in classic AN, I click on the bookmark. So far its working.

•••
Probably this is because of the portfolio size.

But, one thing to mention, clicking my mentioned link, previously I also got redirected to www.afternic.com. It only works when I am in Portfolio -->> All Domains page. So, I created a bookmark of the link and after going to All Domains page in classic AN, I click on the bookmark. So far its working.

Nope. It doesn't work for me. I get redirected.

•••
Guys...My domains disappeared again. Only 12 left out of 100.

I relisted again last night, but only 95 out of 150 were visible.

Now only 12 :-/

I also removed my names permanently from UI, waste of time anyway.

Can anyone from Afternic / GoDaddy give any explanation?

Last edited:
•••
Afternic staf
Hi guys,

I logged into my Afternic account this morning and only 11 out of my 150 domains were visible, like the rest had been deleted. I don't understand what happened. Last night I updated the prices of my domains and this morning only 11 out of 150 are visible in my account.
After a password reset, I started listing the domains again, but some are already listed! Did someone hack my account or is it some glitch? Anyone had a similar experience?
funny I’ve been asking afternic to delete my whole account to start fresh ,also names that I own and try to list are in other peoples account ,now I just purchase my own domains to let these idiots figure it out for themselves ,how come Sedo is much more advanced than godaddy ?

•••
@phaethon Generally, on afternic when someones raise a ticket on support, that they own a domain name and kindly list it into their account, they simply list it in your account without even verifying. I guess you need to be more careful while activating for FT on afternic and ensure that the domain is listed in your own account only.

•••
Scale Business, I set my nameservers to Afternic, before listing. Thats not the issue, but thanks!
My domains still missing from my account, only a couple names left.
I emailed Afternic support again, no reply.
Switched to Sedo at the moment. At least they do the job.
This is so unprofessional, I have no words really.
Any update from the guys that had the same issues?

Last edited:
•••
Any update from the guys that had the same issues?

Some responses from Afternic:

"Thank you for reaching back and providing us with the list of domains.
Please let us know if you have made any edits to your portfolio or these listings in particular(for example updating their price points or listing status) shortly before they disappeared. In addition I noticed that all of the domains are also listed in Uniregistry's market. Your listings there should not affect the ones you have in Afternic however we would like to exclude some correlation. Please also specify if you have recently created or edited the listings for the same domains in Uniregistry's market.
We await your reply!"

Yes, during the last week I was updating prices on all these domains on both Afternic and Uniregistry.

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

The case is escalated to a higher level of support who will investigate further and update you in up to several days.

Please bear with us whilst we're working on it."

Last edited:
•••
Some responses from Afternic:

"Thank you for reaching back and providing us with the list of domains.
Please let us know if you have made any edits to your portfolio or these listings in particular(for example updating their price points or listing status) shortly before they disappeared. In addition I noticed that all of the domains are also listed in Uniregistry's market. Your listings there should not affect the ones you have in Afternic however we would like to exclude some correlation. Please also specify if you have recently created or edited the listings for the same domains in Uniregistry's market.
We await your reply!"

Yes, during the last week I was updating prices on all these domains on both Afternic and Uniregistry.

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

The case is escalated to a higher level of support who will investigate further and update you in up to several days.

Please bear with us whilst we're working on it."

Thanks, mate. I mean what's the exact deal with UI? Is anyone here getting any sales? I don't think I have ever read about a UI sale here. I had listed with them for half a year or so. No offer viewings, no traction and probably some listing conflict with AN listings?
AN looks fine now. I removed all my UI listings. All good.

•••
Thanks, mate. I mean what's the exact deal with UI? Is anyone here getting any sales? I don't think I have ever read about a UI sale here. I had listed with them for half a year or so. No offer viewings, no traction and probably some listing conflict with AN listings?
AN looks fine now. I removed all my UI listings. All good.

I recently started using UI again myself. Seems that listing with UI caused the removal at AN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back